Life Support - longevity - 400 year life span, impervious to intense heat - Cost 4
Running - +2" - Cost 4
Stretching - 1", reduced endurance - 0 END (+1/2), always direct (-1/4), no non-combat stretching (-1/4) - Cost 7/5
Language: Giant (native) - Cost 0
Characteristics - -1 DEX - Cost -3
Combat Levels - -2 DCV - Cost -10
Distinctive Features - black skinned giant, not concealable, noticed - Cost -15
Hunted - by racial enemies, as powerful, 8 or less - Cost -10
Physical Limitation - 15' tall and 3,200 kg, all the time, greatly - Cost -20
Reputation - ruthless, 14 or less, extreme - Cost -20
Vulnerable - to cold, double BODY - Cost -20
Conversion Notes: This package represents the minimum abilities of a fire giant from the Advanced Dungeons & Dragons role playing game. This write-up uses Champions 5th edition rules.
Fire giants are brutal, ruthless, and militaristic. They are tall, but squat, resembling huge dwarves. An adult male is 18 feet tall, has a 12 foot chest, and weighs about 7,500 pounds. Fire giants have coal black skin, flaming red or bright orange hair, and prognathous jaws that reveal dirty ivory or yellow teeth. They can live to be 350 years old.
A fire giant's skin is natural armor. Warriors usually wear banded mail and round metal helmets. They carry their belongings in huge sacks. A typical fire giant's sack contains throwing rocks, the giant's wealth, a tinderbox, and common items. Everything they own is battered, filthy, and smelly, making it difficult to identify valuable items.
Fire giants are immune to fire and heat, as well as red dragon breath. Warriors favor huge two-handed swords.
Fire giants live in well organized military groups, occupying large castles or caverns. When encountered in their lair there will be 13-20 giants, half of whom will be immature giants. Their lairs are always protected by vigilant watchmen, and sometimes by traps. Fire giants favor deadfalls that can crush intruders and large crossbow devices.
Particularly intelligent fire giant leaders will command groups three or four times normal size. One who commands 30 or more giants usually will call himself a king. Kings always will have better than normal armor and a magical weapon.
There is a 20% chance that any band of fire giants will have a shaman or witch doctor. If the group is lead by a king, there is an 80% chance of a spell caster.
Fire giants often capture and tame other creatures as guards. There is a 50% chance that a fire giant lair will contain 1-4 hell hounds. Larger than normal groups check once for every 10 giants. Bands with 30 or more giants have a additional 30% chance to have 2-5 trolls, larger groups check once for every 20 giants. A king's group has a 20% chance to have 1-2 red dragons in addition to other guards. Fire giants frequently take captives to hold for ransom or use as slaves. There is a 25% chance that a lair will contain 1-2 captives, larger bands check once per 10 giants.
Fire giants live wherever there is a lot of heat. They prefer volcanic regions or areas with hot springs. Frequently they share their lairs with other fire-dwelling creatures such as salamanders or fire elementals.
Fire giants prefer to eat meat and bread, they can hunt and kill their own meat, but raid human and demi-human settlements for grain, captives, and treasure.