Site hosted by Angelfire.com: Build your free website today!

Title: Tyler
Author: kbk
Disclaimer: Not mine.
Rating: G?
Notes: This was going to be full-on-MSTing of "Rose" (Dr Who, new series, episode one) but then I didn't want to put in spoilers, so, uh, it's this, which is just random domesticity really. Yay Vince!


Every now and then, Stuart found himself doing something incredibly sappy, and most times it was because of Vince. Or for Vince, really, because it wasn't like he would ever ask for anything, or even accept a gift if it didn't fit into his righteous little scheme of things. The thought was almost enough to make Stuart delete the avi and forget the whole thing, but hell, he was allowed to do nice things once in a while. Really.

So he called Vince through and placated him a little and settled him down in front of the computer and sat a little way away, so he had a good view of the look on Vince's face when the theme music started up, and the way he gaped at the opening shot, and his contemptuous but still pleased mouthing of the words, "Billie sodding Piper!" The indignance that had been caused by the casting announcement was apparently forgotten in sheer pleasure.

Vince sacrificed enough of the establishing shots to kiss Stuart briefly but fervently. "Stuart, Stuart, my God, I love you!" His eyes were back on the screen before he finished speaking, but that was still more enthusiasm than Stuart got at almost any other time. It was a bit disconcerting, really, but a smile lingered on Stuart's face as he spread out the local newspaper in front of him and checked he had the Portuguese-English dictionary by his side. Talking to people wasn't much of a problem, after three months in Rio - and he wasn't bored with the city yet, which was practically a record - but reading was still a bit dodgy.

"Oh my God! Autons! Fantastic!" was the first remark loud enough to draw Stuart's attention. He looked up to see Vince rapt as Billie sodding Piper was cornered by shop dummies. He was almost tempted to watch as well, but he wouldn't be a sympathetic companion to Vince's enthusiasm, and anyway, he knew he'd have plenty of chances to see it over the next few weeks.

"Oh, now that's a proper Doctor. That's... somebody's a proper fan." Stuart wanted to ask, but instead concentrated on deciphering the article - it seemed political, but that was no guarantee of anything. The random exclamations of, "wow," and, "oh my god," didn't disturb him too much. Whenever he was told, "look at this, you have to see this," he only glanced up long enough to check that Vince wasn't looking at him any more, if he ever had been.

Stuart was on page four when Vince shrieked - actually shrieked - with glee. It was kind of scary. Stuart had only just opened his mouth to ask when Vince gesticulated in his direction and hissed out a "sshh!" Peeved, Stuart stubbornly ignored the squeaks and gasps and drumming feet, and made it through most of page five.

"No! You stupid bint! Look at him, that face, he needs you, you can't..." Vince sounded actively distressed, enough so that Stuart grabbed the hand that waved in his direction and squeezed it while he flipped through the dictionary with his other hand. The return squeeze was almost painful, though it accompanied Vince relaxing so much he almost fell off the chair. Then the familiar theme music started up again, and Vince mumbled along with the credits, picking out names and committing them to memory.

When the music faded, Stuart looked up, just in time to see Vince pouncing.


allfic miscfic home feedback