Site hosted by Angelfire.com: Build your free website today!

Title: GSA
Author: kbk
Rating: Hmm... a little bad language, that's all
Disclaimer: Well, the Beeb is publicly owned...
Notes: Inspired by an article which is linked at the end, and my wish to hurt dear nos'.
Summary: Nine is confused.


He can't keep his hands off her, and he doesn't know why. She's just another Earth girl, nothing special; he almost didn't even take her with him. But from the first moment they met, he felt a connection, and all he really wants to do is wrap himself around her tiny frame - humans, so fucking fragile - and never let go. That would be weird, of course, and he really doesn't want to scare her off, so he contents himself with grabbing her hand at every opportunity, with leaning on her even when he doesn't need her support and tousling her hair affectionately when she does something stupidly adorable.

He's nine-hundred goddamn years old, for fuck sake, and there is nothing he hasn't done, or seen, or felt, even if it was in his rebellious youth (the memory of which is hardly a shadow of a mirage, most days, because there's only so much that even a Time Lord can actively recall), and yet this is new. This thing he feels is new. It doesn't make sense.

There's an uncomfortable echo of it when he meets Jackie, and some similar spark in... was it Pete? whatever, Rose's father, the man who nearly caused the destruction of his planet in the early 1980's (and no, the Doctor is not a hypocrite, of course not, whyever would you ask?).

It's not love, because he hardly knows the girl, and it's difficult to respect her when her outlook (her stupid little mind) is so very narrow. As for lust, well, she's pretty enough in a bland blonde sort of way, but that hasn't been enough for him since before he left Gallifrey (and those memories are oh so painfully clear).

Why, then, does he long to press his bare skin to hers?


Notes: OK. Article in The Guardian about Genetic Sexual Attraction - and I quote, "50% of reunions between siblings, or parents and offspring, separated at birth result in obsessive emotions." Working off the hopefully-not-entirely-serious-fanwank that Rose is The Doctor's mother, now that he's half-human and all.


allfic miscfic home feedback