Site hosted by Angelfire.com: Build your free website today!

Title: Armour
Author: kbk
Disclaimer: These are real people whom I do not know and have never met, and this (probably) never happened. Dammit.
Rating: R
Summary: Dom wears a wristcuff. (ooh... I should look for a pic of it)
Notes: Well, hell. I found Dom/Billy fic, and read all of it that I could find. Hence the writing of it. This was probably partly inspired by Explication which is gorgeous and sexy and all about the wristcuff.


It's just that he feels weird without it. He's used to it: the feel of it, the weight around his wrist, the smooth satiny slide of it, the way the hard edges dig into his skin if he twists and pushes just right; the look of it, hiding the vulnerable joint, rich and deep-dark against the near-translucence of the skin of his inner arm; the smell of it, the whiff of leather that's smoke and sex and earth and heat; the sound of it, the quiet clink and jingle as the buckle knocks against a button; the taste of it, bitterness covered in salt-sweat, as he bites down to muffle a scream.

It's at the point now that he feels naked without it, and it's ridiculous, because he's comfortable enough in his own skin that actually being naked isn't that much of a hassle for him, doesn't really bother him, unless (for example) his mother is in the room. And yet undoing the wristcuff to take a shower or do some work feels like stripping off, losing his defences, denuding himself of one of the touchstones of his personality as Dominic Monaghan, Actor. In a way, it's good, because then there's less of class-clown-Dom inflecting his characters, but at the same time... It's really fucking scary.

Also scary is the fact that he's been utterly sans clothing for what seems like an age and is probably only a few minutes, and it's only now, watching Billy's dexterous fingers work the catch and slide the cuff away, tossing it to land in amongst the scattered clothes and raising Dom's naked wrist to his mouth; only now that Dom feels nervous, only now that he finds himself naked and vulnerable and needy and wanting and shivering with it, and Billy's tongue gliding across the pulse points in his wrist and tracing the red lines where the leather has bitten is like nothing he's ever felt before, causing an equal tug in his groin and in his chest, like Billy has broken through all his barriers without even trying and is right there in the heart of him; utterly terrifying.

But it's Billy. And Billy always takes care of him. Especially now, when there's an infinite tenderness in Billy's touches, and a look in his eyes that's very close to love. So maybe it's all right for Dom to go without the cuff, now; at least when he's here. There's nothing he needs to protect himself from.


allfic miscfic home feedback