|2/3 Cup||Shortening or Lard|
|1/4 - 1/3 Cup||Water|
1) Combine flour, salt and nutmeg.
2) Cut cold shortening into flour until mixture looks like small peas.
3) Sprinkle cold water 1 tbsp at a time over flour while tossing lightly with fork. Add only enough water to make dough hold together.
4) Form into a ball and cut in half. Wrap in waxed paper and refrigerate until cold.
5) Let refrigerated dough stand at room temperature 5 minutes before using.
6) Roll out dough and fit in pans on lightly floured surface.
7) Bake at 425 F for 10 - 15 minutes until golden browne if recipe calls for baked pie shell.