|1 1/2 Cup||Sugar, divided|
|2 Tsp||Baking Powder|
|1/2 Cup||Butter, softened|
|1/2 Cup||Cocoa Powder, divided|
|1/2 Cup||Almonds, ground|
|2 1/2 Cups||Milk, hot|
|Whipped Cream, prepared, or Ice Cream|
1) Combine flour, 3/4 cup of the sugar, baking powder and salt in a cake or tube pan.
2) Combine butter and 1/4 Cup of the cocoa; add with flour along with 1/2 cup of milk and vanilla; mix well with fork.
3) Combine remaining 3/4 cup sugar, remaining 1/4 cup cocoa and almonds. Sprinkle over batter.
4) Carefully place 2 1/2 cups hot milk over all; do not stir.
5) Bake in preheated 350 F oven for 45 minutes or until top is shiny and sauce is bubbly.
6) Dust with icing sugar and serve immediately with whipped cream or ice cream and garnish with additional almonds.