|1||Cabbage, medium sized|
|1 Lb||Lean Ground Beef|
|1 1/2 Cup||Rice, instant|
|1/2 Cup||Tomato Sauce|
|2 Cans||Tomato Sauce|
1) Boil whole cabbage in super sized pot.
2) Meanwhile, cook rice according to package.
3) Combine lean ground beef with seasonings, egg, 1/2 cup tomato sauce, ketchup and rice.
4) Preheat oven to 350 F.
5) When leaves on cabbage are looking partially cooked, turn cabbage over, and cut along bottom. Pull out with thongs and place under cold water in a colander. Cutting out a few cabbage leaves approximately every ten minutes or when ready.
6) Trim the bulky strip in the middle of the cabbage leaf.
7) Holding the cabbage leaf, spoon in about 1/2 a cup of rice mixture at the bottom of the cabbage leaf. Tuck in sides of cabbage to hold in mixture and roll, placing in a roasting pan.
8) After filling roasting pan and casserole dishes, add in tomato sauce and lots of water, almost covering cabbage rolls.
9) Bake for 1 to 1 1/2 hours, until cabbage rolls are looking baked.
10) Eat with sour cream and ketchup and freeze any leftovers.