1. The (strong) of the brain is what counts most.
2. I love my grandma because she is a (humour) person.
3. Do self-confident people have (inferior) complex.
4. They need some ideas of (improve) for their next project.
|a. society||b. education||c. solving||d. thinking|
|1. Due to the bad weather, the flight was postponed.||a. certainty||1. [ ]|
|2. They own advanced technology, yet they don't know how to use it.||b. cause & effect||2. [ ]|
|3. They are saving money to buy more technological devices.||c. defining||3. [ ]|
|4. Along with all his responsibilities, Peter is a human rights activist.||d. concession||4. [ ]|
|5. The tourist is looking for a restaurant. He must be hungry.||e. purpose||4. [ ]|
|6. Biotechnology is the genetic manipulation of micro-organisms.||f. addition||4. [ ]|
1. We left home very early. We want to catch the first bus. ( so as to )
2. He can't go to school. He doesn't feel well. ( as )
3. I couldn't hear you. It was very noisy. ( due to )
|find out||hand in||turn down||look up|