Chapter 9

About two weeks AFTER school was out something I had NEVER expected happened. Once again, Lindsay, Jace, Brandon, Carolyn, Claire, Mike, Jen, Eve, Chris, and I were all over in the Hanson’s garage. Jace was trying to teach Taylor how to play the harmonica- since Jace played it AWESOME! I was sitting behind Zac’s drums and Zac was leaning against the wall next to Claire while Mike and Chris were signing their names in permanent marker on the wall of the famous Hanson garage. Jen and Eve were laughing at Taylor.

“I just don’t understand!” Taylor said getting frustrated, “I can play anything BUT this stupid thing!”

“Dude chill! You’ll get the hang of it!” Jace said laughing also because of how frustrated Tay was getting.

“Jace- why even bother?” Ike asked.

“This IS getting kind of boring…” Carolyn said trying to agree with Ike.

Carolyn TOTALLY jinxed the WHOLE THING. No sooner than she said that Mr. Hanson came bursting into the garage.

“KIDS!” Mr. Hanson wailed.

“Uh…Dad…are you okay?” Zac asked concerned.

“MMMBOP IS HITTING AIRWAYS IN ABOUT ONE WEEK!” Mr. Hanson squealed.

This caused Taylor to drop his harmonica. I saw a smile creep onto Ike’s face as the idea set into his head. Zac and I slowly turned and our eyes met.

“YEAH!” We both exclaimed hugging each other.

Which caused everyone to look at us.

“Uh…hey? Everyone gets a little bit weird sometimes- but MMMBOP is going to be on the RADIO!” Zac exclaimed.

Immediately everyone started talking and getting really excited. I was still thinking about the hug- it was so weird how we both just hugged. I wondered if maybe it was just a friendly thing or if it meant something to Zac.

“Oh man this is so awesome!” Jen said crying.

“Yeah, but why are you crying?” Taylor asked.

“Because you have to leave!” Jen said.

“Oh my gosh- I totally forgot that the promo tour comes with the whole thing!” Taylor said starting to turn red.

“Oh man, I feel so loved…” Zac gasped sarcastically.

“Zacko! Your going to get ALL the chics now!’ Mike said giving Zac a high-five.

“Ike! Do you know how awesome this is?!” Carolyn said hugging him.

Isaac hugged her back. Ike had to admit there was definitely attraction between Carolyn and Isaac. Which was hard on Ike because he knew how much Tay loved Carolyn and after all, Tay WAS his best friend. This was kind of where Ike had got the idea for ‘Where’s The Love’. Carolyn was definitely inspiration to Ike and Tay, as for Zac…you’d find out his inspiration later.

Chapter 10