Show Me The Meaning Of Being Lonely

by:Shehrina

Chapter 8

Nicole stood behind AJ. "Hello Brian." Nicole stuck her hand out to be shaken, but got now responce from Brian. Nicole walked on over to Lieghanne and Kristen. "Congratulations!" Nicole said to Leighanne. "Thanks, it wasn't hard! Can't say that about the next few months, now can I?" Lieghanne smiled," I am so happy. I just can't believe it." After dinner everyone went to go sit outside on the porch. Kristen was with Kevin, AJ was with Nicole, and of course Brian was with Lieghanne. Everyone was gazing up at the stars and drinking iced tea. They were all happy except for Nick and Howie. "Man why am I always stuck with you?" Nick asked Howie grumpily. "Because we are the most unlucky people!" Howie answered. "For real! I can't believe we're still single!" Howie looked at Nick and smirked,"Correction, I can't believe I'm still single.You, I can believe being single! But me?" "Whats that supposed to mean?" Howie snickered,"Nothin'!" " He I am the 'favorite' you know!" "Getting big on the ego eh?" Lieghanna sighed. "I still can't believe it. What should we name him?" "How bout Eric?" Kevin suggested. "No! Too common. How about....Brett?" Kristen said. "Matt?" asked AJ. Nicole looked at AJ, "Alex?" AJ smiled at Nicole. "Scott?" Howie suggested. "Nick Jr.?" (Guess who said that!) "Those are all nice names, well..except Nick Jr." "Hey! I like that name!" Nick argued. Howie ignored him, "So which one are you gonna pick?" "I don't know.  I'll think about it.  We've still got 7 months." Brian answered. " Yeah and so much to do." Lieghanne said. "You need any help?" Nick asked. Howie laughed," NICK! I think Brian's enough!" Nick was confused," What?"  Then Nick's face turned a deep crimson. " That's not what I meant!  I meant help with setting the nursery or something!" Kevin laughed," Relax Nick! You sound like the father now. Quit gettin' so worked up!" Brian waited for a responce from AJ. He looked at where AJ was sitting and turned away. AJ and Nicole were making out. Brian remembered back in high school. He and Nicole used to make out in almost anyplace possible. By the lockers, in the lunchroom, even in the classroom. Then Brian thought," Why am I thinking about this. I am happily marrried and about to have a son. Could I actually be jealous?"  He decided to forget about the subject. Lieghanne saw the look of confusion on Brian's face."Sweetie?What's wrong?" Lieghanne asked. "Oh um um..... nothin. Was just daydreaming about what it would be like to be a father." Brian quickly answered. "Oh I see. You're not nervous are you?" "Kinda. But I know we'll be good parents." Brian kissed Lieghanne's lips. "Yeah! Honey we will." Lieghanne put her head on Brian's shoulder thinking something is definetly going on. "Why is Brian acting like this? He's never lied to me until.......... dinner yeserday. It has to be something that happened then. But what?" Thinking like this, Lieghanna fell into a dreamless sleep. Howie yawned,"Man it's gettin' late." "Yeah, we better go. I gotta drive back all the way to Tampa!" Nick said. "And I am very sleepy." Kevin added. "Yeah, so am I." Kristen admitted. Howie looked at AJ, "Hey AJ! Are you ever gonna stop kissing? I don't even remeber what your face looks like anymore." "Haha very funny!" AJ replied saracasticly. "Never mind! I remember and promise me you won't show it to me again." Howie kidded. Everyone began laughing. After everyone left, Brian carried Lieghanne to their bedroom. She had been asleep for awhile and he didn't want to wake her up. After all, pregnancy takes a lot of stress. He layed her on the bed and turned of the lights. Before going to sleep he kissed Lieghanna on the forehead. "Good night sweetie!" Then he felt Lieghanne's stomach and put his ear to it. "Good night um....Brandon. Yeah Brandon Evan Littrell!" Brian smiled, " That's a good name. Good night Brandon." Then Brian went to sleep himself. In the middle of the night, Lieghanne woke up. She had to go throw up. "This pregnancy thing isn't as easy as I thought it was." When she cleaned up and came back into the room, she heard Brian mumbling in his sleep. "Aww how cute." Brian looked so peaceful. Lieghanne got closer. When she was about to lay down in bed she heard something familiar. She listened carefully. "Nicole!"

Index | Home | Fanfic