1. Maximum weight 8,000lbs
2. OEM Chassis is mandatory. The vehicle must retain the full OEM chassis. Wheel tubs, back half conversions and tube chassis are prohibited. Lengthening of frame allowed up to 158. Longer trucks (158-172) must maintain OEM measurements for the body being used.
3.The body must be an OEM truck body including the full bed floor. No flatbeds permitted. The body must retain the full sheet metal. Aftermarket hoods permitted. The hood must be closed and securely latched when hooked to sled.
4. Maximum cubic inch 460. Engine must be in OEM locations for the body used. No aftermarket blocks permitted. Engine must have 3/8 cable surrounding #1 and #2 cylinders and must pass through the manifolds. 2 cables 60 at splice with 4-6 inches of slack.
5. Cylinder head must be an OEM or OEM replica for a brand of engine. Outside of the cylinder head must measure factory width and length. No billet heads of any material. Head must retain factory OEM valve angle. No deck plates permitted. Side draft and aftermarket intake manifolds are allowed.
6. Hook point to be no closer than 44of centerline of rear axle. Maximum hitch height of 24 with a minimum of 3.75x3 opening. Hitch must be stationary in all directions. Hitch must be frame mounted. The use of Reese style hitches is prohibited. Hitch must be the centerline of the rear axle or behind. Hitch must not exceed 25 degree angle from pivot point to hook point. Drawbar height adjustment link if attached to rear differential housing the attaching point must be at axle centerline or below. The drawbar adjusters cannot attach to anything above the centerline of the rear axle. The adjusters must go down from the drawbar. The adjusters can only go straight downward vertically or towards rear differential housing. No slotting of holes for adjuster attachment. No hitch supports or adjusters fastened to rear axle housing shall be above the center point of the rear axle. Pivot pin of the drawbar can be no further forward than the centerline of the rear axle.
7. Turbo is limited to a 2.6 inducer bore. Bore must be smooth. No MAP Width Enhancement groove (MWE) allowed. Compressor wheel must protrude into 2.6 bore for 1/8. Bore will be checked with a 2.605turbo plug. Plug must not be able to enter the inducer bore and contact wheel.
8. All vehicles must be equipped with upward pointing exhaust located either directly behind the cab or out of the truck hood. Two 3/8 inch diameter bolts must be placed through the exhaust pipe in a cross pattern within one inch of each other and within 12 inches of turbo.
9. Front hanging weights are allowed, not to exceed 60 inches forward from the centerline of the front axle. Ballast may be added in the bed of the truck but must be securely fastened. 61 Maximum weight 8000 pounds.
10. All trucks must have at least a six-inch-wide u-joint shield around the rear u-joint constructed of at least 5/16-inch steel or 3/8 aluminium that will safely contain the u-joint and the end of the driveshaft. All shields must be securely mounted to vehicles. Any front shaft u-joints that can be visibly seen from the side of the truck must be shielded to contain the u-joint and the end of the driveshaft.
11. A fire extinguisher system is permitted. 2.5lb. The fire extinguisher must be securely mounted within reach of the driver. A complete OEM firewall is required.
12.All drivers must have a valid driver license and full SFI fire suit including helmet. Seat Belt/restraint must be worn.
13.The complete OEM floor pan is mandatory. Vehicle must maintain a complete firewall. Additional gauges and pillar pods are permitted.
14. Hand throttles permitted. Diesel fuel only (See fuels page for specs) No propane or N02 or any other oxygen enhancers allowed
15. Maximum of one P pump up to P7100 allowed. 13MM plunger limit. Ag governors permitted. The use of multiple high pressure common rail fuel pumps is legal.
16. OEM rear and front ends required. Must have come factory in a one ton or smaller vehicle.
17. Axle shields are required. Shield to be .060 thickness steel or aluminium. A hole may be cut in one shield to allow operation of hub lock.
18. Safety switches (rain cap or guillotine) must shut off air to diesel engines. Switch will be securely mounted to the back of the vehicle. A 2 inch or bigger solid ring must be attached to the end of the switch. Ring must be zip tied to the switch bracket. Switch must also be able to be activated in the cab while the driver is secured in the vehicle.
19. Hydraulic steering permitted
20. Suspension - The upper mounting point for strut 62 assembly must be in factory location. Adjustable caster/ camber pillow ball mounts are permitted. The lower control arm may be strengthened provided the factory mounting points are maintained. Strut tower braces, lower tie bars, sway bars, and limit straps are permitted. Traction bars and devices are permitted. Raising or lowering of vehicle height with suspension modifications is permitted but must be bolt on only. Welds permitted for attachment to frame and axle only. Blocked suspension permitted. No airbags. Rear suspension may be made solid.
21. Tires must be DOT approved with a maximum size of 35x12.50. No studded tires or tire chains. No alterations to tires permitted. No bar or terra tires.
22. Dual wheels are prohibited.
23. OEM transmission and transfer cases must be used. Must have come factory in a one ton or smaller vehicle.
24. Non-OEM transmissions prohibited. Aftermarket torque convertors, valve bodies, and internal components are permitted.
25. SFI bell housing and/or SFI blow proof bell housing or SFI blanket type shield must be used.
26. Water injection is prohibited.
27. Air to air intercooler only. No ice or water permitted truck during competition.