Private Solution Links
- American Red Cross This non-governmental agency offers disaster assistance and holds local blood drives.
- Gateway Paths to Adult Learning Volunteer literacy program for imates which relies totally on donations from the community. No tax money is used!
- Private Roads Over Public Professor Walter Block
- Liberate the Roads! Martin Ball argues for the benefits of road privatization.
- Underwriter's Laboratories Since 1894, UL has been the leading third-party certification organization in the United States and the largest in North America which valuates products in the interest of public safety.
- Good Housekeeping Institute This Institute is the consumer product evaluation laboratory of Good Housekeeping magazine. It was founded in 1900 for the purpose of consumer education and product evaluation.
- National Center for Policy Analysis Allowing the free market to set product safety standards
- Resolution Resource Institute RRI provides traditional forms of conflict resolution, mediation and arbitration services.
- Conflict Resolution Education Network Dedicated to promoting excellence in conflict resolution through education, innovation, and information resources.
- Victim Offender Reconciliation Program Victim restitution as an alternative to jail. Meetings are arranged between offenders and their victims providing the opportunity for communication, responsibility, restitution, and reconciliation.
- Habitat for Humanity This organization works to eliminate substandard housing through affiliates around the world.
- Polycentric Law
- Consumer Complaints from the Dark Side How to stand up for "the power of the consumer" when a particular business commits fraud against you.
- Citizens at Bat: Baseball's Community All-Stars Nine prominent baseball players--"all-stars in citizenship"--that constitute an impressive lineup of caring.
- Tough Medicine for Welfare Moms Interfaith Housing Coalition is an employment and housing program for homeless families in Dallas. They use teams of church volunteers to get the homeless into jobs and housing.
- A Job Tree Grows in Brooklyn A Catholic priest in Brooklyn shows how private programs can equip immigrants to become self-sufficient. Called Resources, the program takes English-illiterate
immigrants from China, El Salvador, and the former Soviet Republics, as well as refugees from Haiti and
elsewhere, and turns them into successful,English-speaking chefs, professional cleaners, and graphic designers.
- Delta ForceThe "Faith and Families Project" hopes to revolutionize that system by matching welfare families,
typically headed by an unmarried mother with at least two children, with congregations ready to become their de facto social workers.
- Download Your Local Sheriff Since 1992, the Bay Area Crusader has published the
mug shots of 50 to 70 suspects and bail-jumpers wanted on arrest warrants, along with official phone numbers for calling in tips.
- "What I Need Is A Mom" The Welfare State Denies Homes to Thousands of Foster Children
- Airports Are Going Private
- AWARE Arming Women Against Rape and Endangerment
- ITEX Learning about barter exchange
- Cascade Policy Institute's Charity that Works! SeriesThese programs
for homeless' take no government funds - and no jive about recipients' hard luck or victimhood.
- Rural/Metro This national leader and innovator in the medical transportation field has provided ambulance services for 30 years.
- Crisis Pregnancy Center On-Line
- Newborns in Need Every year, thousands of babies are placed in Neonatal Intensive Care
Units (NICU's) for specialized care. The size of these precious newborns makes it very difficult to find clothing to fit their tiny little bodies.
Newborns in Need provides layettes and other items of necessity and comfort for these infants and their families.
- AdoptioNetwork Information about adoption.
- Freedom Works Award Created by US House Majority Lead Dick Armey to recognize individuals
who seek the personal and spiritual reward of accepting responsibility without reliance on government.
- Private Sector Solutions A list of worldwide organizations, groups, corporations, and individuals who promote individual choice instead of government coercion.
- Social Pacifists An excellent site committed to furthering the knowledge of pacifist solutions to social problems.
- Enviro-Capitalists Private solutions can and should be an important part of the effort to manage and conserve our natural resources.
- Protecting the Environment through
Private Enterprise PERC shows fine examples of how the market creates innovation. Market-oriented approaches to protecting the environment make sense for the
private individuals who implement them and prosper from them, as well as for
the public who enjoys the benefits of economically sound and environmentally
- Wild Success Karl Hess Jr. says that saving elephants, crocodiles, and other endangered wildlife
once meant trampled crops and violent death to the villagers of Southern Africa. Now community-based capitalism is
turning once-fearsome pests into valuable sources of wealth--with lessons for American conservationists.
- The Butterfly Website Raising these insects for fun and profit.
- Fox Valley Farms Nestled deep inside the Cascade Mountains of Oregon, this business grows and sells rainbow trout, shiitake and
wild mushrooms, which, is Asia’s most popular mushroom and is widely valued for its culinary and medicinal uses.
There is a section on how to manage a farm pond. Take a look!!
- "How Capitalism Saved the Whales"
A Freeman reprint written by James S. Robbins
- Private Preservation of
Wildlife: A Visit to the South African Lowveld There are 20 private reserves in the
lowveld part of South Africa's eastern Transvaal region. Read their story!
- Community-Run Fisheries: Avoiding the 'Tragedy of the Commons' Real-life examples of protection and restoration fish stocks around the world.
- Fencing the Oceans: A Rights-Based Approach to Privatizing Fisheries Rights-based fishing is increasingly
recognized as a practical alternative to the inefficiencies of direct controls and regulation.
- Fossil Rim Wildlife Center Fossil Rim is a
leader in propagation and management programs, scientific research, diverse public education initiatives and training facilities for
conservation professionals, and support of conservation programs worldwide. It is a model for new private initiatives in conservation throughout the world. Also see another site about them from the Texas Almanac.
- The Center for Private Conservation This Institute seeks to expand the knowledge and information base surrounding the ability to advance environmental objectives privately,
absent government control or influence.
- Volunteers in Medicine VIM Clinic provides free medical and dental services to families and individuals who otherwise have no access to health care. More than 100 medical professionals (doctors, dentists, nurses and other specialists) living in the area donate their services.
- Angelflight An organization of pilots and other volunteers dedicated to serving the community by
providing FREE air transportation on private aircraft to financially and medically needy people who cannot
access or afford regular commercial transportation to health care.
- American College of Physicians Observer Article on the Volunteers in Medicine Clinic.
- Sunshine Foundation Since 1976 The Sunshine Foundation® has fulfilled over 23,500 dreams and wishes for chronically ill, terminally ill, and abused children. Whether it's a visit with a celebrity hero, a family outing, a trip to Disney World® or a special gift Sunshine has never said "no" to a deserving child.
- Medical Savings Accounts at Work Cato Institute's Peter Ferrara explains the nuts and bolts of MSAs.
- Association of American Physicians and Surgeons The voice of private physicians.
- Life Extension Foundation
- Christian Care Medi-Share Christians are sharing each other's medical bills through a unique sharing ministry.
Bills up to $50,000 are shared by the membership at a monthly cost of 1/2 conventional expenses. Bills $50,000 - $5 million are covered through a group insurance policy. If you decide to sign on, use my name as a referral.
- The Big Apple Circus Clown Care Unit® These people transform the performance of classical circus arts in the care and healing of hospitalized children and teens.
- The Sedona Public Library A privately-run public library funded solely on donations and volunteerism.
- Salem Athenaeum Incorporated by an act of the Massachusetts State Legislature in 1810, this subscription
library date to the 18th century.
- The Newberry Libraries An independent research library
concentrating in the humanities with an active educational and cultural presence in Chicago.
- The Libri Foundation A nationwide non-profit organization which donates new, quality,
hardcover children's books to small, rural public libraries in the United States.
- John M. Olin Foundation Established in 1953 by John Merrill Olin
(1892-1982), inventor, industrialist, conservationist and philanthropist. It is committed to the preservation of the principles of
political and economic liberty as they have been expressed in American thought, institutions and practice.
- The Foundation Center An independent nonprofit information clearinghouse established in 1956
which fosters public understanding of the foundation field by collecting, organizing, analyzing, and disseminating information on foundations, corporate giving, and related
- The Welch Foundation This Houston-based Foundation is one of the nation's
oldest and largest private funding sources for basic research. The Foundation has contributed to the advancement of
chemistry through research grants, departmental programs, visiting lectureships, teacher training and special projects
at educational institutions throughout Texas.
- Philanthropist's Challenge Philanthropist Alan Shawn
Feinstein pledged to match all donations of $25 or more -- up to a total of $ 1 million -- made during a ten day period in February.
- One Shine at a Time The story of Albert Lexis whose good-will allows children to have access to financial assistance for medical care.
Dress for Success Dress
for Success™ distributes interview suits to women in need, giving them a boost
over one more hurdle on their way to success.
Members learn by speaking to groups and working with others in a supportive
- Motivational Mecca
If you find any outdated links or would like to make suggestion, please
notify the webmaster.