Mood: don't ask
Topic: Crochet Patterns
Yes, I admit, I have a thing for fish. All things aquatic, as a matter of fact. Here's a little pattern I worked up one day, just for fun. My big mouth fish!
Big Mouth Fish
WW yarn; I used Caron Simply Soft
polyester fiberfil for stuffing
tapestry needle for weaving in loose ends and for sewing the mouth closed
With F hook
Starting at fish mouth with color A,
1) 5 sc in 2nd chain from hook.
2) ch 1, 2 sc in each sc around (10 sc)
3) ch 1, (2 sc in first sc, sc in next sc) repeat around (15sc)
4) ch 1, (2 sc in first sc, sc in next 2 sc) repeat around
5) (Variation #1 work in back loops only - as in the purple and red fish) Sc in each sc around
6) ch 1, sc in each sc around
7) ch 1, (sc in two sc, dec) around
8-9) ch 1, sc in each sc around
10) ch 1, 2 sc in each sc around (30 sc)
FO Attach color B
11-17) ch 1, sc in each sc around
18) ch 1, (sc dec, sc in next 3 sc) repeat around (24 sc)
19) ch 1, (sc dec, sc in next 2 sc) repeat around (18 sc)
20) ch 1, (sc dec, sc in next sc) repeat around (12 sc)
Stuff a bit more
21) ch 1, sc dec around (6 sc) FO
Attach color A
22) ch 1 sc in each sc around
23) ch 1 (2 sc in first sc, sc in next sc) around (9 sc)
24) ch 2 (hdc in each sc around) (9 hdc)
25) ch 2 (2 hdc in first hdc, hdc in next hdc) around
26) ch 2 (2 hdc in each hdc) around
27) ch 2 (hdc in first hdc, 2 hdc in next hdc) around
28) Fold tail in half and slip stitch through both thicknesses in each stitch across. FO Weave in ends.
For Variation #1 join color A in any remaining loop of row 5, ch 1 sc in each loop around. Join with a slip stitch in beginning sc, ch 1, sc in each sc around, join FO Weave in ends.
Attach color A at top of fish. Chain 1, sc and hdc in same place. 2 hdc in next row, 2 dc in next row, 3 trc in next row, 2 dc in next row, 2 hdc in next row, hdc and sc in next row, slip stitsh in next row. Turn and sl st in each st. Join. FO Weave in ends.
Side Fins (Make 2)
Row 1: With color A Chain 5, dc in 4th st from hook and in last dc. Ch 3, turn (3 dc)
Row 2: 1 dc in same place and 1 dc in next dc, 1 dc in next dc and 1 dc in turning chain. Finish off. Sew to side of fish as shown.
Finishing - Making sure that top and side fins are lined up correctly, fold mouth in half, and lightly stitch closed between the 6th and 7th rows. I pushed in the center of the mouth as I did this to shape it. It only takes a couple of stitches to do this. Weave in ends.
Glue on wiggle eyes.