1) To provide fresh and clean water at all times, as well as sufficient food and shelter to maintain the health of the animal(s) being adopted.
2) To permit a staff person from MARAS to conduct a six month and 12 month follow up visit in your home.
3) To permit a staff person from MARAS to conduct a follow-up visit periodically thereafter.
4) To provide adequate grooming as needed, (i.e., long haired animals) to prevent matting, etc.
5) That any animal adopted from MARAS not be given away or sold for any reason.
6) If at any time and for any reason you are unable to continue caring for this animal, that the animal be returned to MARAS.
7) That MARAS reserves the right to rescind this adoption agreement and bring the animal(s) back to MARAS if the terms and conditions of this agreement are not upheld.
I will have a veterinarian examine the animal once a year or as needed and follow the veterinarianís recommendations. I will be solely responsible for all expenses for the examination/treatment of this animal. I will not hold MARAS or any of their affiliaties or members responsible for any health/medical problems that the animal develops, nor will I hold MARAS or any of their affiliates or members responsible for any pre-existing health/medical condition of this animal prior to my adopting this animal.
Abandoning an animal is against the law in the state of New York. Miko Animal Rescue and Sanctuary will prosecute anyone who abandons an animal to the fullest extent allowed by law.