Code of Ethics of The Dachshund Club of Greater Syracuse,Inc.
The Dachshund Club of Greater Syracuse, Inc.
Code of Ethics
The members of The Dachshund Club of Greater Syracuse, Inc., whose foremost aim is to promote and protect the interests of purebred dachshunds, adhere to this Code of Ethics. The Club encourages the exhibition of Dachshunds at American Kennel Club matches, shows and trials. The members are to abide by and uphold the principles of the By-laws of The Dachshund Club of Greater Syracuse, Inc. All members of the Club will be required to sign a copy of this Code of Ethics when they apply for membership.
1. We will not use our Dachshunds for breeding that are not American Kennel Club registered. We will not use our studs on unregistered bitches.
2. We shall breed and/or provide stud service to conform to the AKC Dachshund Breed Standard. We will use only quality, healthy stock, with an eye on temperament and conformation. We will screen for inherited diseases known to the breed and will not breed dogs that are known to have or carry those diseases.
3. We will not breed any male or female until they are both physically and mentally mature.
We will, for our dogs, provide sanitary conditions, maximum health protection through regular inoculations and proper nutrition. We will provide a safe contained place for our dogs when they cannot be supervised.
4. We will not sell puppies without true representation to the purchaser. All puppies will sold as pets except those that you have reason to believe are of excellent breeding quality or show potential. We will NOT sell any puppies to pet shops, puppy mills, or laboratories.
5. We cover all stud service terms by written agreement and keep accurate records of matings and births as required by the AKC. We will assist in the placement of puppies sired by our studs and encourage the litter owner to ask a price for puppies (as we do) that shows pride in the dachshund.
6. We will screen prospective buyers as thoroughly as possible to determine their desire and ultimate intent for each puppy or dog acquired from me.
7. All puppies being sold shall be a minimum age of eight (8) weeks, or if being shipped to another state, they must be at least twelve (12) weeks of age.
We strongly recommend to the buyers of companion puppies that the puppies are spayed/neutered, and such puppies will be sold with the AKC limited registration paper.
8. The buyer must agree that the breeder will contacted whenever the owner can no longer keep a dachshund at any time in the dachshund’s life, and it will be our obligation as breeders to the dachshund back or arrange for its care until such time that the dachshund can be placed in a new home.
All members of The Dachshund Club of Greater Syracuse, Inc. are subject to this Code of Ethics. By signing, you understand and agree to this Code of Ethics.