HELSINGØR & KØBENHAVN, DENMARK--PAASKE
Old crane in Holmen was used to raise huge oak masts & place them on sailing ships
Jacob Christian Paaske (Seaman) Bn.Ca.1700, married on 19 Oct.1744, Abelone Svendsdatter who was Baptised 9 Jan. 1722 in Helsingør Denmark(St.Olai Parish).
She was the daughter of Svend Christoffersen and Maren Pedersdatter of Helsingør. The couple had
three children in Helsingør and then moved to København by 1750. By 1752,
Jacob C. Paaske was a "Baadsmand" = "BOSN". In 1759, he held the title of "Skipper"...
One of his sons, Peter Jacobsen Paaske, Bn.17 Nov. 1750 in København, Køb.
(Holmens Parish), married Else Marie Sørensen, Bn.1758, in Holmens Church Køb. On 8 May 1783.. Peter Jacobsen Paaske learned Shipbuilding at Holmen Naval Yard. He started out as a "Tømmermand" = Carpenter and by 1783 was Tømmermand Ist. cl. Skibsbygmester = "Master Shipbuilder". In a 1804 document, his title was "Royal Inspecteur of the Navy and Docks" One of his sons, Carl Pedersen Paaske Bn.8 Oct.1783 was also trained as a "Skibsbygmester". Carl Pedersen Paaske was transfered to Fredriksværn Norway in 1807. He married Anne Nørgaard on 13 Nov. 1811 and was "Skibsbygmester" of Horten Naval Base till his death in
1850 in Christiansand Norway. He is the Norway connection of the Paaske name but the search is on for the origin of this PAASKE clan, Norway? or Denmark? Any information would be gratefully received!!
Carl Pedersen Paaske is my 3rd. Greatgrandfather
CHILDREN OF JACOB CHRISTIAN PAASKE AND ABELONE SVENDSDATTER:
CHILDREN OF PETER JACOBSEN PAASKE AND ELSE MARIA SORENSEN
- 1-Jens Jacob Paaske Bap.22 Sep.1745 in Helsingør,St. Olai Parish
MARRIED Birgitte Christine "Orthel" 14 Apr.1780 in Køb.Holmens Parish
- 2-Ana Sophie Paaske Bap.22 Jan.1747 in Helsingør,St.Olai Parish
- 3-Christoffer Paaske Bap.28 Feb. 1749 in Helsingør, do.
- 4-Peter "Jacobsen Paaske Bap.17 Nov. 1750 in København, Holmens Parish, MARRIED Else Maria Sorensen 8 Oct. 1783 in Køb. Holmens Parish
- 5-Sara Kirsten Paaske Bap.19 Dec. 1752 in Køb.----- do.
- 6-Maren Paaske Bap. 6 Dec. 1754 in Køb.------------ do.
- 7-Kirsten Paaske Bap.4 Mar. 1757 in Køb.----------- do.
- 8-Bodil Cathrine Paaske Bap. 20 Jul 1759 in Køb.--- do.
- 9-Christen Paaske Bap. 13 Apr. 1761 in Køb.-------- do.
- 10-Sidse Christine Paaske Bap. 27 Jan. 1763 in Køb.-do.
- 11-Hans Christian Paaske Bap. 23 Nov. 1765 in Køb.--do.
- 1-Jacob Peter Paaske, Bap.4 Dec.1781, København, Holmens Parish, Denmark
Married on 5 May 1803 Anne Marie Ertmann at Holmens Church
- 2-Carl Pedersen Paaske, Bap.8 Oct.1783, København, Holmens Parish
MARRIED Anne Nørgaard, Bap.20 Jan 1786 in Christiansand Norway, on
13 Nov. 1811 in Christiansand Norway.
- 3-Caroline Christine Paaske, Bap. 6 May 1785 in København, Køb. Holmens Church, Denmark, Married on 23 Dec. 1810 In Holmens Church Benjamin Selmer Bap.23 May 1780 i Aarhus, Hasle, Denmark.
- 4-Jacobine Maria Paaske, Bap. 3 Feb.1788 in..Holmens Church Køb.Køb Denmark.
- 5-Christian Pedersen Paaske, Bap. 14 Nov.1790 in.-Ditto-
- 6-Johan Peter Paaske, Bap. 9 Aug.1799 in.........-Ditto-
I am looking for the birth place and Parents of Jacob Christian Paaske born About 1700. I am quite sure his father's name was Christoffer (Paaske?)....
DANISH CENSUS KØBENHAVN,1801
Peter Jacob Paaske, 50, Gift, , Mester v Holmen,,
Else Marie Sørensen, 43,Gift, P.J. Paaske
Jacob Paaske, 19, Ugift, Tømmerm. Holmen
Carl Paaske, 17, Ugift, Tømmerm. Holmen
Caroline Paaske, 16, Ugift, Fader P.J.P.
Jacobine Paaske, 13, Ugift, Fader P.J.P.
Christian Paaske, 4, Ugift, Fader P.J.P.
Johan Peter Paske, 2, Ugift, Fader P.J.P.
Inger Ryberg, 18, Ugift, Pige, h Paaske
TRANSLATION OF A PHYSICAL REPORT FOR PETER JACOBSEN PAASKE, 1804
No.2, Six Skilling
That the person who asked for this requisition, Mr. Peter Jacobsen Paaske, Royal Inspector of the Navy and Docks is neither ill nor bedridden and does not suffer from any deadly Morbo-Chronoco like Tuberculosis (Svindsot), Vattersot, desease of the blood or likewise, nor any weakness which would make you fear for an early death at this time as has been confirmed by the way of looks and that he, in the past year,has not had any deseases which has left any damaging consequences for his health as to shorten his lifetime but that he as far as I can judge according to his age is at perfectly good strength both mentally and bodily and capable at in a proper manner carrying out his usual tasks, This I confirm under the oath of my profession.
Copenhagen, 23th September 1804
We the signers testify that we know the person in mention and that neither the certifying Chief Surgeons nor we are in any way related to him neither by birth nor marriage and that we only know him that what he himself has testufied is correct.
Copenhagen September 1804
Hjort Dean at Holmen(Seal) ,Eiben(Seal),Thorsen (Seal)
Carl Petersen Paaske to Norway 1807
Holmen Naval Base History, Cop. Denmark