CRIMINAL FOOTBALL LEAGUE MEMORANDUM
TO: PROSPECTIVE FRANCHISE OWNERS
FROM: COMMISSIONER JOSLIN
RE: DRAFT DAY, RULES, PROCEDURES, ETC.
ARE YOU READY FOR SOME FOOTBALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!?
This will be our fourth year using a Fantasy Football League Management software program. The program can be configured in hundreds of different ways as far as scoring is concerned. It will randomly arrange the game schedule, score the games according to NFL stats, keep standings, keep track of total points, manage finances, and track all franchise transactions. The commissioner will provide weekly reports which will include game results and league standings, and all info will be posted to the web site. In addition, for team owners who have a computer with Windows 95 or 98, I can provide a Team Owner Software program which is a companion to the Commissioner's version. This program will allow you to track the league by downloading the weekly league file from the CFL web site, and is available free of charge. Let me know if you are interested. It's really fairly simple to use. A little tip for when you access the CFL site: Since it is hosted on Angelfire, they pop up a small advertisement box when the page is first loading up. Don't close the ad box by clicking on the X in the upper right corner, just minimize it! If you close it, a new irritating ad box will pop up EACH time you move to a different page on the site.
This year the initial franchise fee will be $35.00 per team. A portion of the franchise fee received from each team will be used to offset the cost of the software program which is $50.00 for the season. The remaining funds will be the starting balance for the payoff pot. (10 teams x $35.00 = $350.00 - $50.00 = $300.00 starting balance) "Look, he can do math!"
1) DRAFT DAY: The CFL Draft will take place on *Thursday, August 31, 2000 @ 6:00 p.m. sharp at the SCRAP Seattle Office in the 3rd Floor Conference Room. All franchise owners or their designated agents must be present! The $35.00 franchise fee is due and payable at that time. Cash or checks (made payable to Linda Ronholt) are accepted.
Each team will draft the following players at their respective positions:
3 Wide Receivers (includes tight ends)
2 Running Backs
1 Team Defense (Includes the Special Team Units from the same NFL Team)
*Rookies must be "true rookies." A true rookie is defined as having no NFL experience whatsoever, and being listed by their NFL Team as a rookie! A player selected as a rookie must be listed on their respective NFL roster with an "R" designation in the years/experience column! There will be no exceptions to this rule!
Due to the fact that we will have ten teams making picks in eleven rounds, there will be a one (1) minute time limit on picks. BE PREPARED! (10 x 11 = 110 minutes!)
2) SCORING: This is a head to head league with total points being used as a tie breaker if needed.
SEE WEBSITE LINK FOR DETAILS!
Criminal and Disciplinary Points: ALSO POSTED ON WEBSITE LINK
Any player accused (arrested by law enforcement) or charged with a criminal traffic or misdemeanor offense shall be awarded 20 points (per count or offense).
Any player accused (arrested by law enforcement) or charged with a felony offense shall be awarded 50 points (per count or offense).
Any player suspended or removed from an NFL team roster for "disciplinary reasons" shall be awarded 20 points and a team owner will receive one free player transaction. Once a disciplined player is reactivated by his NFL team, he automatically returns to the franchise roster unless the owner informs the commissioner that he has given the disciplined player an unconditional release.
Any claims for points which arise out of a civil action against a player will not be allowed regardless of the despicable nature of the behavior of the player.
TEAM OWNERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR CLAIMING CRIMINAL OR DISCIPLINARY POINTS, AND REPORTING THEM TO THE COMMISSIONER WITH DOCUMENTATION OF THE PLAYER'S ACTIONS WHICH RESULTED IN AN ARREST, FILING OF CHARGES, OR TEAM SUSPENSION. NO CRIMINAL POINTS WILL BE ALLOWED FOR CLAIMS WHICH ORIGINATE FROM A PLAYER'S VIOLATION OF CONDITIONS OF PROBATION UNLESS NEW CHARGES ARE FILED. POINTS MUST BE CLAIMED AND REPORTED EITHER PRIOR TO, OR AT THE TIME OF SUBMITTING ACTIVE ROSTERS FOR THE GAME IN WHICH THE POINTS ARE BEING CLAIMED. THE ACT/ACTS RESULTING IN ARREST, CHARGES, OR SUSPENSION FOR WHICH POINTS ARE BEING CLAIMED MUST BE *CURRENT OR THE POINTS WILL NOT BE ALLOWED!
* "CURRENT" IS DEFINED AS: HAVING OCCURRED OR HAVING BEEN ANNOUNCED BY AUTHORITIES DURING THE PERIOD BETWEEN THE DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSION OF ACTIVE ROSTERS IN THE PREVIOUS WEEK, AND THE DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSION OF ACTIVE ROSTERS FOR THE GAME IN WHICH THE POINTS ARE BEING CLAIMED.
3) ACTIVE ROSTERS: Each owner shall activate each week the following players:
One Running Back
Two Wide Receivers
One Defense(Includes Special Teams)
Rosters shall be submitted to the Commissioner no later than Fridays at 11:00 p.m. and no later than Thursday at 5:00 p.m. if there is an NFL Game on that Thursday. Owners are expected to submit starting rosters via the website. Player transactions will be submitted either at the website or by using the ListBot e-mail Service! Any questions regarding these procedures will be answered at the draft.
If a roster is not submitted, the roster submitted the previous week will be considered active.
An owner may elect to submit a roster or roster change after the Friday 11:00 p.m. or Thursday 5:00 p.m. deadline upon payment of a $10.00 late fee, and only if no NFL games have been played prior to the submission of the late roster or late roster change.
4) TRANSACTIONS: A player transaction is defined as any roster move, i.e., a trade between teams or picking up an undrafted player or defense. Player transaction fee = $2.00 per transaction. A change Defense transaction = $5.00 per transaction. Week #12 is the cutoff date for transactions of any kind. The deadline, or the end of week #12 is defined as the final gun in the Monday Night Football Game for that week. All transactions must be detailed via the web site or the ListBot e-mail service. Owners should review the Commissioner Ruling of 10/19/99 which clarified this rule! Review it here: CFL 1999 COMMISSIONER RULINGS
TRANSACTION FEES ARE DUE WITHIN TWO DAYS OF ANNOUNCING THE TRANSACTION OR PRIOR TO SUBMISSION OF AN ACTIVE ROSTER FOR THE WEEK, WHICHEVER COMES FIRST. IF FEES ARE NOT PAID WITHIN THE DESCRIBED TIME PERIOD, ANY POINTS SCORED BY THE ACQUIRED PLAYER OR DEFENSE WILL BE DISALLOWED AND THE PLAYER OR DEFENSE IN QUESTION WILL BE CONSIDERED UNDRAFTED AND AVAILABLE. OWNERS ARE ENCOURAGED TO DEPOSIT SOME TRANSACTION FUNDS WITH OUR LEAGUE TREASURER LINDA RONHOLT. THAT WAY YOU WILL NOT HAVE TO WORRY ABOUT GETTING TRANSACTION FEES IN BEFORE THE DUE DATE!
5) SEASON, PLAYOFFS, & PAYOUT: This is a fourteen (14) week regular season. There will be one Wild Card Game between the 4th & 5th place teams in Week #15, while the teams in 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place will have a bye that week. The top four (4) teams after the 15th Week will compete in Week #16, and the remaining two (2) teams will compete for the CFL Championship during Week #17.
Payout: The end of season payout will be as follows:
A) Team with the best league record will receive $60.00. This applies only if the team with the best record does not end up "in the money" as described below!
B) 75% of the remaining funds will be disbursed to the winner of the CFL Superbowl Game.
C) 25% of the remaining funds will be disbursed to the loser of the CFL Superbowl Game.
6) DISPUTES: Any disputes will be resolved after the submission of written memos by the disputing owners. In some instances, at the discretion of the commissioner, outside unbiased counsel will be sought.
ALL LEAGUE RULINGS ARE FINAL.
THERE ARE NO APPEALS.
CFL 2000 Main Page
CRIMINAL FOOTBALL LEAGUE 1999 - 2000 ©