RIMFIRE TEAM PLATES
This is basically a rimfire event where a team of 3 shooters has 150 rounds to engage 120 steelplates. Most of the plates are 5 inches across. Others are as small as 2 inches. Occasionally we put in a few Golfballs too. A golfball at 100 meters, in the wind can be a challenge! Each shooter can help his teammate by shooting their plates and balls too. The total possible points are 300.
All 40m shots are fired from the standing unsupported position. 60m shots are fired from the kneeling, 77m shots are from the sitting and 100m shots are from a bench. Each shooter has at total of 50 rounds to use, with at least 10 shots at each distance of 40m, 60m, 77m and 100m. Some or all of the 10 extra shots can be used at any of the above four distances he or she chooses. However you only have 3 minutes to fire all of your shots at each distance.
You can shoot your bank of targets and help your team mates by shooting their targets too.
The score is the total point value of all targets knocked off the rails. No individual score is kept.
It IS fun!!!
SCORES and BASIC RULES
- 40 meter hits = 1 point each. possible 30 points
- 60 meter hits = 2 points each. possible 60 points
- 77 meter hits = 3 points each. possible 90 points
- 100 meter hits = 4 points each. possible 120 points
- A PERFECT SCORE would be 300. Yeah,, right.. that'll happen!
- All 4 distances are shot with the same rifle. You can switch rifles only if you have a malfunction that you cannot quickly fix.
- Only plates knocked OFF the rails count no matter what order they were shot.
- No individual scores are kept. Only team totals are counted.
TIME and TEAMS
- Shooting time is 3 minutes at each distance.
- Teams should have 6 people, 3 regulars and 3 subs.
- Teams NEED 3 shooters. They can compete with only 2 but each shooter still only gets 50 bullets.
- Teams must reset the targets but the can use other team members or volunteers that are not shooting to set targets.
- Team members can be sponsored by anyone or any business if they can find such a sponsor.
- Teams will be started on the different distances by random drawing from a deck of cards.
SAFTEY and SHOOTING TIPS
- Ear protection is mandatory, eye protection is suggested.
- You can have any type of scope or sights.
- You can wear any type of shooting gear.
- You can load magazines or tubes as full as you want to.
- You can use any rimfire cartridge including 22 mag and 17 HRF
- High velocity 22 lr will knock over the plates more reliably than standard velocity.
- Extreme accuracy is an advantage but not really neccessary.
- Use your extra ammo on the short or middle distances where you have better hit probabilities.
- Extremely accurate rifles and ammo are a slight advantage only at the 100m balls.
- A 40 m one point hit is worth more than a 100m 4 point miss.
- Put your best shooter in the middle so they can help either side.