Site hosted by Angelfire.com: Build your free website today!

Chapter Eight (A Rude Awakening)

New Page 1

~A Rude Awakening~

 

            “Daniel!” Sami yelled, shaking him out of his sleep. 

            “No!” Daniel yelled again, still living his nightmare.  “Samantha!”  He screamed again. 

            Sami shook him harder this time.  “Daniel, wake up!” she screamed. 

            Daniel finally bolted up out of the worst nightmare of his life.  He looked directly at Sami, but didn’t seem to see her at first. 

            “Are you okay honey?” Sami asked, terrified and concerned. 

            Daniel was gasping for breath now.  His face was sweaty, and his heart felt like it was going to explode out of his chest.  “Samantha!” he said, grabbing her up into his arms.  “Oh God!  I just had the most awful nightmare.”  He held onto her tightly until he stopped shaking. 

            Sami tried to comfort him as best she could.  She held him close in her arms, stroking his hair, kissing his cheek his neck, rubbing his back, and just letting him find his own comfort in her being there for him.  When Daniel’s shaking had subsided a bit, Sami pulled away from him and looked at his tear stained face.  She lifted his chin with her hand, and kissed him.  She wiped away the rest of his tears with her thumb, and just held his face in her hands.  “Look at me, Daniel.  Whatever it is you dreamed honey, it was just a nightmare, do you understand me?  I really don’t think I want to know what kind of nightmare it was, because from the sound of it, it wasn’t anything that could be good for me to know.  But that’s all it was, honey.  Just a terrible nightmare,” Sami assured him.” 

            “I know Samantha, but it was so bloody real, and it frightened me more than you’ll ever know.” 

            “Yeah, I can see that,” she said.  “You’re still shaking.” 

            “Do you know how much I love you, Samantha?” Daniel asked, looking deep into her eyes.  “Do you know that you are my life, and I can’t lose you?  Not ever?” 

            “I know, honey,” Sami said.  “I also know, that you’re worried about me towards the end of this pregnancy and that’s probably why you’ve been having these awful nightmares.  Believe me, I’m perfectly healthy, and there’s nothing to worry about.  I am a doctor, after all, so I should know, and besides, I would never lie to you or hold anything back from you if something was wrong.  Do you believe me now?” Sami asked, lifting up his handsome face. 

            “I’m sorry, angel,” he said.  “I guess I’m just one of those husband’s who frets over his pregnant wife all the time.  It’s just that, I am worried about you during these last few months.  I can’t help but worry about you, and that precious cargo you’re carrying in there.”  Daniel let his hand wander down to her belly, which at seven months into this pregnancy was huge.  “The babies?” he asked. 

            “Kicking up a storm,” she said.  “I think their daddy has been teaching them soccer while I wasn’t looking.” 

            “Football, my love,” Daniel said.  “I love football, not soccer.” 

            “Football, soccer, it’s all the same to me,” Sami said. 

            “Women!” Daniel said, and smiled. 

            “You miss it, don’t you Daniel?” Sami asked. 

            “What, football?” Daniel asked.  “Yeah, I guess I miss sitting around with Chad, Bob and some of my other friends back in Skylerville, watching the games.  Stephen hasn’t been to the States for that long a period of time to get into American football, but when Chad writes letters, he sends me the scores.  Daniel laughed.  He even sent me some video tapes of a few games, so I wouldn’t miss it too much.” 

            “Yeah, I know, but I’m sure you would love to just sit around and talk sports with someone, just to pass the time, and keep your mind off of me,” Sami said.

            “I happen to love keeping my mind on you Samantha,” he said. 

            “Yeah, and you also love keeping your hands on me, by the looks of things,” she said and giggled. 

            “Well, it’s keeping my mind off other things now,” Daniel said, grinning at her.  In the course of their conversation, Daniel had let his hands wander around her and had rested them on her butt.  “Hey, woman, you’re lucky I can still get my arms around you!” he said, joking with her. 

            Sami frowned and said, “you think I look like a whale, don’t you?” 

            “A very sexy, beautiful whale, my love,” he said.  “I think you are the most beautiful sight I have ever seen Mrs. Taylor.” 

            “Flattery will get you everywhere,” Sami said. 

            “Really?” Daniel asked, grinning now.  “What else will it get me angel?” 

            “Oh Lord!” Sami said, and laughed.  “I’m seven months pregnant, and you’re still as horny as ever for me!” 

            “Always,” Daniel said, snuggling up as close to her as he could get.  “Samantha, are you uncomfortable now when we make love?” he asked. 

            “No, I’m fine, honey.  In fact, the more we make love, the better I like it.” 

            “I guess I’m a lucky man then,” Daniel sighed.  “I’ve been hearing from the other fathers at the clinic that their wives can’t even stand the smell of them, let alone touching them or making love.” 

            “I could never, ever, not let you touch me, Daniel.  I live and breathe for your touch, and for the smell of you, and the feel of your body close to mine.” 

            “Well, then, I have an idea that you might like right about now,” Daniel said.

              “Mmm, I think I’m going to love your idea, but you are going to have to excuse me now, while I use the bathroom first.” 

            Daniel laughed and shook his head.  “How many times do you pee per day?” he asked, amused. 

            “You think I pee a lot now, wait until the ninth month!” Sami said, and waddled off into the bathroom. 

 CONTINUE TO NEXT PAGE: "A Day Of Love"

 

 

Email: safire59@aol.com