Capital Callers and Cuers Association
Presented by: Ralph Lambert
Date: September 19, 2004
There are lots of things to be done prior to and at dance to be MC’d. Some of them are as follows:
PRIOR TO THE DANCE:
· Invitations to be on dance program, if invitation only program, (may be done by sponsoring organization).
PROGRAMMING THE DANCE:
· From sign-in list at door, in order that they came through the door.
· From responses to invitation.
· Pre-rounds, pre-squares, etc. Who?
· Try to mix-in stronger and weaker callers or cuers.
· Dance program typed-up and available at stage, sign-in table, posted, etc.
· Depending on length of dance, and number of callers/cuers to participate, decide on full tips and split tips for both callers and cuers.
DUTIES AT DANCE:
· Provide and set up sound, speakers, amplifier, record player, CD player, mini-disc player, mixer, hearing enhancement, etc.
· Greeting callers/cuers on program.
· Where to store records.
· Microphone usage, head only, head and cord.
· Inform each when on program.
· Getting dancers into squares or circle.
· Introduce caller/cuer and spouse, with club affiliations.
· Setting sound for first record.
· Sound level for subsequent records, MC set, signals from MC or spouse to caller/cuer, etc.
· Thanking caller/cuer after calling or cueing.
· Keep program moving along.
· Work with sponsor on announcements, door prizes, split the pot, etc.
· Flexibility to reprogram dance if “no-show”, etc.
· Take down equipment.