Verses and Prayers
- I go for refuge until I am enlightened,
- To the Buddha, the Dharma, and the Supreme Assembly
- By the virtuous merit I create by practicing giving and other perfections
- May I attain the state of a Buddha, in order to benefit all sentient beings
The Four Immeasurable Thoughts
- May all sentient beings have happiness and its causes
- May all sentient beings be free from suffering and its causes
- May all sentient beings never be separated from sorrowless bliss
- May all sentient beings abide in equanimity, free from bias, attachment, and anger
The Seven Limb Prayer
- Reverently, I prostrate with body, speech, and mind
- And present clouds of every type of offering, actual and imagined
- I declare all my negative actions accumulated since beginningless time,
- And rejoice in the merit of all holy and ordinary beings.
- Please, remain until the end of cyclic existence,
- And turn the wheel of Dharma for living beings.
- I dedicate my own merits and those of others to the great enlightenment.