1. Look the part. Pants, jersey (always
tucked in), hat (always worn
2. Wear a jersey from the team that you
play on - if possible with your
name on the back.
3. Be the first to volunteer to help get equipment out or put away.
4. Be the first to hustle to each station
or position. Never jog
lackadaisically anywhere on the field.
5. Always pay attention and ask questions.
6. Respond to the coaches with respect. Use 'yes sir' and 'no sir.'
7. Do not respond to instruction with I
know. If you knew, why didnt
you do it right the first time?
8. Do not be afraid to get dirty. Laying
out for balls and sliding
9. Be a great bunter -- work at it.
10. Attend any camps that the high school coach puts on.
11. Have all of your paperwork done on time:
forms, parental permission, etc.
12. Be 15 minutes early to every work-out.
13. Make sure that you have good grades - coaches do grade checks.
14. Never miss any work-outs. If an emergency
occurs and you are unable
to make a practice, make sure and call your coach ahead of time and not
after the fact.
15. Take great care of your equipment. Hang
your bag or put it neatly
away, do not leave your stuff laying around.
16. Have a great attitude and be coachable.
17. Respect the game as much as you want to be respected.
18. Study the history of the game.
19. Take notes on your progressions of every
day and see if you are
making any progress.
20. Be a great student.
21. With very few exceptions, your parents
do not know more than your
22. Body language is very important. Dont
sag your shoulders, shake
your head, throw equipment, etc.
23. When you stretch do not go through the motions.
24. Be realistic of your ability but never give up the: Pursuit of the Dream