Site hosted by Angelfire.com: Build your free website today!
A Silent Goodbye
By, 2280


Disclaimer: Storm isn’t mine, when you read it keep in mind that she isn’t a character that I usually write, so if you have any pointers then let me know!

****************************************************
She was never a woman of many words, and today was no exception. All of her life she had carried the responsibilities of the world on her shoulders. First when she had been a weather goddess in Kenya, then surviving alone on streets. Her most recent responsibility was leading the X-men and protecting a world that fears and hates them.

There were times when leading her teammates brought her pride and great joy. This was however not one of those times. For years they had been battling a seemingly invincible foe, for how do you defeat something that destroys you from the inside out?

Yet they had prevailed. They had found a way to defeat the legacy virus, but they had once again lost one of their own. Storm lowered her head and placed her face into the palms of her hands. She wished she could cry but the tears would not come, she knew better than most that tears would not help. They were simply a momentary bandage on a wound that would be reopened soon enough.

She did not tell her friends her fears, did not tell them about her pain. When they lost Scott, the blow was so great it had left them all stunned. However, everyone knew that it was the only way, and Scott had acted in the way any good leader would, in the way she herself would have acted if she were in the same situation. However with Peter, it was not the same. He had followed his heart, but for the woman whose long white hair was blowing in the wind, the pain was too great for her to condone his actions.

Peter had been one of her greatest friends and allies over the years. His silent strength and enormous heart had always been a welcome haven when the world had become too dark. Now he had left her, he had sunken into the abyss of darkness, never to emerge again. She now had to face an uncertain future alone.

Storm ran her hands through her long hair, attempting to untangle the strands the wind had been playing with. She knew that the Professor would be waiting inside, and she knew that she had a part to play. She did not know if her heart was up to it.

She also knew, unfortunately, that she was a hero; and heroes were not allowed time to mourn. For if they were, if they cried for each fallen friend, they would have time for nothing else. So with heavy heart she lifted her face to the sky and smiled.

“I will think of you always my friend. God speed.”

She felt a snowflake fall gently and kiss her eyelid, and with a small chuckle she wiped it away and went inside.

Fanfics

Email: 2280@Wiccan_Ways.zzn.com