Site hosted by Angelfire.com: Build your free website today!

She Was Wrong
By, 2280

Rogue through another used Kleenex into the corner, where it landed on top of a pile of wet tissue.

She had thought that she was all cried out, that all her tears had long dried up; but once again she had been proven wrong.

She was wrong when she thought that her powers couldn’t make her anymore miserable.

She was wrong when she had thought that the good fight couldn’t get any harder.

She was wrong when she had thought that she might find a little bit of happiness.

She had been a fool to think any of those things. She had been a fool to hope, to wish, to dream. Dreams never came true for people like her. No matter how much she did, in the end she would always lose.

She had lost control of her body.

She had lost her mentor, teacher and friend.

She had lost Remy.

She wished she could blame Claire. That she could lash out; but she knew that she couldn’t. She had done this all herself. She didn’t trust him, she didn’t trust herself, and she had left him to die in a frozen wasteland.

There were some things you just couldn’t bounce back from, apparently that was one of them.

With a twisted smirk she raised the bottle of whisky to her lips, taking a long drag, letting it burn a warm path down her throat.

The irony was that she would give anything to have him back now, to have his strength and assurance to lean on, when a few months ago she wanted nothing more that for him to leave her alone.

Talk about being careful what you wish for.

She wasn’t sure when it happened even, when she lost him. One minute he was begging for him to understand, the next minute he was seeking comfort in the arms of that head case Logan calls a daughter. She knew why, it was because she didn’t demand anything of him, there were no strings. It was easy, and if the Cajun liked anything it was for things to be easy and uncomplicated.

That was what made her the most furious, Claire didn’t even know what she had. She could take him or leave him, just like everyone else in her life. To her people were disposable, there was always someone else to fill the empty spot.

And damn her, she was happy that way.

Rogue would give anything to be happy that way, then maybe this wouldn’t hurt so much.

Fanfics