Site hosted by Angelfire.com: Build your free website today!

Disclaimer: This character is not mine, she has been used at one time or another by the people that do own her: Marvel Comics. However, since she has not been used lately, and how she is strongly connected to what has been happening lately in the X-men that I decided that it was time she should pop up again.
As always, comments are always appreciated! 2280@Wiccan_Ways.zzn.com.

Eternity
I can hear them. They are stronger now. Before they were always there, in the back of my mind- constantly reminding me of their presence. But of late their cries have been stronger. More insistent. I’m not sure how much longer I can take it.

For awhile he helped me, the dark one. He kept them away, stifled their screams. It wasn’t safe for me there anymore though, so I left. He didn’t even see it coming, I’m smarter than he thought I was.

So now it is only us. Me and the dead. Not all of them are dead yet, many are on their way out- but in the end it is all the same, death. I remember the first time I felt them. I was young, and so was she. I felt her body give out on her, her powers erode until there was nothing left but a shallow husk. She was so afraid, and it hurt so much that I didn’t know if we were going to make it. But in the end I did. It has been the same ever since.

Urnnnn, there goes another.

Gasp.

Huhn, huhn, huhn.

His (huhn) name (huhn) was Samuel, and unlike many he had someone he loved by his side. He, and others like him, are different from the ones before. There is no power behind their death. They just go out.

So now they all have it. Death is sweeping over the planet. Somehow I have managed to see the irony of the whole situation. Death has come and left his legacy amongst us, but somehow he has overlooked me. My mind may die a thousand times over, but my body shall remain intact. I feel the symptoms, the pain, and the loss, but I am never allowed the cool kiss of death. His cold lips will never touch my brow.

I remember some more than others. I remember the heroes. Their deaths are somehow sweeter, they seem to make so much out of their lives, that it is only natural that they make something out of their deaths.

The heroes have told me that they will stop it. They haven’t.

It is said that things happen for a reason. That’s crap.

I have heard it said that our powers are a gift. What a joke.

I don’t see anyone lining up to trade places with me, not even the dying. I cannot even count how often I have wished that I could go with them, to find their release from the pain. Instead I sit here and slowly wither, piece by piece, a living record of everyone that has gone before me. I used to think that it would run it’s course, it would destroy the mutants and I would find peace. That we had committed to many sins against nature and mother earth was fighting back, but then that bitch mutated the virus and it is spreading like wildfire.

And still the heroes say the will fix it.

. . . .

HSTTTTT! UHRNNNNN!

HUHN, Huhn, huhn.

Peter? What were you thinking?!

Sniff

Ahh, I see, your snowflake, the first, Illyana.

Like I said, I remember the heroes.
END
************************************

So what does everyone think?

Fanfics