- Enheduana's use of Magic in Ninmesara ... Enheduana's use of Magic in Ninmesara (an article in progress) Enheduana reveals a dire state of emergency in ...
- buy renova online - Has anyone else noticed this.
- diflucan remedy - Picky, picky, picky.
- zithromax dosage - These receptors are found in the CNS, the heart, and the Gi tract.
- vicodin medication - I was just reading up on small bowel lymphomas.
- soma - In the Washington, D.
- what does zolpidem look like - I'm going to be having monthly shots of B12 for a short while to see what improvements I get.
- extra cheap sporanox - Methotrexate is well tolerated by most patients.
- tadalafil prices - Flame retardant, foams.
- valtrex - So straight from Cornell, not routinely performed until post mortem, not very useful before that, and used mainly as a confirmatory diagnostic tool after the cat has already died, and cannot be used as a rule out.
- diovan retail price - If you take this several times daily and miss one dose, take it as soon as you can or double-up the very next dose.
- diethylpropion tenuate - Cost Assistance Program Monday-Friday, 9 a.
- ambien alternative taper - You may find yourself out of a job.
- ativan for sale - Reprinted from the December 1994 issue of Medical Sciences Bulletin, published by Pharmaceutical Information Associates, Ltd.
- pliva flexeril 563 - Do not take a double dose.
- avandia 4 mg - But since your peanut brain can't seem to do anything but call names and claim things to be fact that are not, I can understand why you have a comprehension problem.
- 3 codeine medication tylenol - BTW, I have also enquired about the survival rates of cats with effusive FIP.
- ephedrine hcl medication - A pubmed search might turn up something - I'll give it a shot.
- winstrol steroids - Biologically significant serum vitamin B12 deficiency in multiple sclerosis inadequately documented.
- norco dose - The cornerstone of initial management is the application of a topical corticosteroid, often being combined with a systemic steroid during the initial treatment phases.
- propranolol inderal - You know what they say about spelling (f)lames, don't you?
- differin prices - Subjects should have no evidence of clinical, histological or family history of another neuromuscular illness.
- acyclovir tablet - Azathioprine (ay-za-THYE-oh-preen) belongs to the group of medicines known as immunosuppressive agents.
- adipex online - I am truly inspired by your relentless dedication, not only to Twonky, but to all of your ailing kitties.
- pinworms vermox - Absorption of Sandimmune Neoral was examined in patients with psoriatic arthritis and was found to be even more dramatic in these patients than in the rest of the study population.
- prozac - This first article looks most promising for getting the info you need though it is 4 yrs.
- accutane - In all ages, the lowest effective dose should be used.
- 30mg temazepam - MISSED DOSE: If you take this once daily and miss a dose, take it as soon as remembered but not if it is almost time for the next dose.
- sleep aids - In a number of animal studies, 5-HT uptake inhibitors have been shown to decrease the ingestion of alcohol as well as suppressing the self-administration of other abused substances, such as cocaine.
Enheduana's use of Magic in Ninmesara
(an article in progress)
Enheduana reveals a dire state of emergency in Ninmesara. Nine wars were raging against the
Sargonians and she found herself wrongfully expelled from her temple. She saw herself as the
of all of Mesopotamia and took responsibility by writing Ninmesara with the intention to
restore cosmic order.
Mesopotamian religion is based on magic and magic follows the principles of universal Law.
time, spells and incantations were the methods of clarifying intention and aligning with the
intangible Law. Magic is an intentional process. Enheduana was trained in magical arts to
empower positive situations and alter negative ones. Ninmesara is her most powerful
incantation, containing one hundred and fifty three lines and various principles of magic, such as poetic language, venerating and empowering the divine, divination, spell casting and ritual.
Enheduana was trained to receive dreams and other forms of communications from the divine, which is one branch of Mesopotamian divination. In Ninmesara, Enheduana reveals a judgment she has received from An, the God of Heaven.
"The Lady [Inanna] will tear away the destiny of Lugal-Ane.
At her feet lie hostile land and flood.
She is truly mighty." [line 77-79 ]
Enheduana reveals An's judgment publicly and unequivocally. She uses it as a spell which empowers the image of Inanna's victory over Lugal-Ane. Inanna's victory symbolizes the Sargonic victory and is the desired end of the spell.
Ritual is used in Mesopotamian magic and religion to empower a spell and honor the divine. Enheduana creates a physical container for her magic by preparing the ritual space and performing purification rites.
My Queen, beloved of An?
I have heaped the coals,
prepared the purification rites,
Your temple stands ready for you-
will not your heart be soothed? [lines 135-7]
She reveals that her overarching intention for the magic is to soothe
Inanna’s heart. The Sargonic victory is a manifestation of this broader
intention. By performing the physical actions of the ritual, Enheduana
embodies her intention and aligns her body with her mind. By aligning
mentally and physically with her intention Enheduana aligns more completely
with herself and thus, empowers the magic.
As a skilled technician of the sacred, Enheduana was able to assist in restoring peace. All
nine battles were overcome and Enheduana resumed her post in Ur.
The Mesopotamians were in awe of Enheduana as they believed that she had communicated with
the Goddesses and Gods in the exact, right way. I have a theory that this was only one piece of the puzzle and that
Enheduana's writing in the first person was a deeper layer of the magic.
To be continued.
Bibliography in progress
Starhawk, The Spiral Dance, Harper and Row, 1979