A short historical narrative relating to the Church building
THE BLACKSTONE MANUFACTURING COMPANY MEETING HOUSE
HAS BEEN DESIGNATED A
NATIONAL HISTORIC LANDMARK;
THIS BUILDING POSSESSES NATIONAL SIGNIFICANCE
IN COMMEMORATING THE HISTORY OF THE
UNITED STATES OF AMERICA.
"This building was erected in 1836 by the Blackstone Manufacturing Company for the use of the local community. Occupied by The Mendon Freewill Baptist Church of CHRIST (est.1822) in 1837. Vacated in 1841, and immediately occupied by the newly formed Blackstone Congregational Church. These two groups joined in 1919 to form The Blackstone Federated Churches. The building and property were deeded to the Church administration in 1934. The Churches Incorporated in 1946, and were re-named The Blackstone Federated Church. Subsequently re-named Christ Community Church of Blackstone in 1999. The building was added to in 1846, and had major renovations in 1860, 1888, 1924, 1938, 1948, 1981 and 1998." the above is the original text for the historical marker, written and placed in 2001 by the....
NATIONAL PARK SERVICE;
UNITED STATES DEPARTMENT OF THE INTERIOR.