Site hosted by Angelfire.com: Build your free website today!
Title:    “Forever In Your Eyes”
Authors:  Nicole Berman and Celia Stanton
Classification:  Shipper, Mac/Harm
Rated:   R
Summary:  Harm and Mac enter into wedded bliss (finally!) but will the honeymoon end WAY too soon?
Spoilers:
Disclaimers: JAG and its characters belong to Donald Bellisario and CBS.  I'm not making any money off this, so please don't sue me :o) We use Dixie Chicks, Faith Hill, and other songs in here, they're not ours. And there's a brief mentioning of a certain redhaired FBI agent...she belongs to Julio the treefrog's owner. Really. She does.

Celia’s Notes:  It bred.  Again.  Oh, well.  We had FAR too much fun with this, all thanks to Nic.  You did it again, babe, you brought out the Elvis in me, and I love you for it.  So, I have lots of international affairs reading to do—you ready?  <g> Oh, and yes, we know Uncle Matt is supposed to be in Leavenworth, but hey, it's his niece, he has to be there.

Nicole’s Notes:  All I can say is that this is turning out to be the longest story I’ve ever written, and the best.  I’m enjoying every moment writing with you, darlin’, and I hope there are many more stories to come.
-------------------------
Annapolis Naval Church
June 6, 2000

Sarah Mackenzie could not believe what she was seeing.

Her reflection was wearing a wedding dress. A pretty nice wedding dress, by the looks of it, but a wedding dress nonetheless. Sarah's rational side would point out that Sarah had been present for the purchase of said dress, but her irrational side would point out just as quickly that this was her *wedding day.* She was allowed to be stupid.

She smoothed out the princess skirt, her fingers admiring the
smoothness of the material. She had decided on a very simple dress; traditional white, of course, with a square top and thick straps, and of course, a princess skirt. She turned halfway in the mirror to make sure everything was in order and took a deep breath to calm herself.

"Suck it up, Marine," She said out loud to her reflection. "You've been in *battle*, getting married has to be easier!" She walked over to the dressing table to find her bracelet and thought about her fiancé and how he was faring.

Harm stood in the foyer of the church, fidgeting. His fingers toyed anxiously with his rank pins and JAG insignia. He remembered the conversation he and Mac'd had, a few months back.

*"Sarah, it's your wedding, wear what you want. Wedding dress, dress blues, as long as you show up, I don't care if you're naked!"

"Harm, you'd just *love* it if I showed up naked, wouldn't you?"

"You bet I would! Besides, I have to be in uniform anyway, maybe a dress would spice it up."

"All right, you win. I'll wear a dress."*

Trish Burnett walked up behind her son and placed a hand comfortingly on his back, rubbing it like she used to do when he was younger.

"Harm, honey, stop fidgeting." Moving to his front, she straightened his uniform with a pang of regret that his father wasn't able to see him on the most special day of his life.

Looking up at his face, Trish saw her beloved husband and felt a comfort sweep over her. Harm, Sr., might not be there physically, but she knew he was definitely there in spirit. "I hear through the grapevine that Mac looks amazing." Trish said, blinking back the tears and smiling at her boy.

Harm smiled, holding back tears of his own. "I miss him, too, Mom, every day." He bent down to kiss his mother's cheek, slipping something into her hand. "This is from Sarah and me, to you and Grandma Sarah." With a wink, Harm straightened and threw his shoulders back, like the quintessential Naval aviator. "I'm ready, Mom."

Trish looked down at the piece of paper her son had handed her. Seeing the names of her husband and father in law next to a large sum of money to be paid to the Vietnam Veteran's Memorial and the World War II Memorial made the tears she was fighting back spill out. She looked up at her son and wrapped her arms around him, whispering, "Thank you, my darling." Releasing him and wiping her eyes, she chuckled. "I thought you and Sarah were supposed to be the emotional ones today!"

Harm smiled, pulling his mom close for another hug. "It's okay," he whispered. "Today's for all of us." Letting Trish go, Harm checked his sword once more. "Can you go see if Mac's ready, Mom?"

Meanwhile....on Sarah's bridal suite door.....knock. "Sarah?" a voice came from outside.

Trish nodded at her son and walked up the back hallway towards the bridal suite. As she came upon the door, she noticed a large woman knocking quietly on the door. Confused, Trish cleared her throat. "Can I help you?"

Deana O'Hara turned and smiled gaily at Trish. "I don't think so, but thanks. I'm waiting for my daughter," she added belatedly.

Sarah stared at the door for a minute, not believing what she was hearing. She threw open the door and gasped when she saw her mother standing there, next to her future mother in law. "Mom!" She gasped.

Deana turned and smiled, opening her arms to Sarah. "Darlin'! Happy wedding day," she smiled.

Shocked, Mac flew into her mother's embrace, hugging her tightly. "What are you doing here?" She said with a choked voice.

Deana patted her daughter's back. "It's my daughter's wedding, what do you *think* I'm doing here, precious? I came to see you get married."

Mac leaned back, outlining her mother's face. "I can't believe you're here!" She said with a smile. Remembering Trish was behind her mom, Mac stepped out of the way to let the two women pass. To Trish she said, "How's he doing?"

Trish smiled at her and patted her arm. "He'd never admit it, but I think he's nervous as anything. But confident to a 't', just like his dad. She admired her future daughter (Trish hated the idea of "in-laws"). "You look wonderful, Mac."

Mac blushed. "Thank you."

Realizing Mac and Deana needed some alone time, Trish smiled one last time and said, "Well, I'm going to go make sure my son doesn't faint or anything, so I'll see you in there, darling." She impulsively hugged Mac, who returned the embrace. "Thanks, Trish." Turning to her mother, she said, "Who called you and told you? I couldn't find your number anywhere."

Deana sat back in a chair, admiring the lovely woman her daughter had become. "Hm? Oh, your Lieutenant Roberts somehow found me out in California. Resourceful kid, that Bud."

Mac smiled and shook her head. "Yeah, he is." Taking a deep breath, Mac studied her mother. "Mom, there's so much I want to say to you...but I can't seem to find the words."

Deana shook her head swiftly. "No, now stop that, Sarah. Today's your wedding day. The only tears you have should be happy ones. No more talking about the past," she chastised gently. "Do you need any more help getting ready?"

Mac nodded and went back over to the dressing table. Picking up the pearl necklace Grandma Sarah had sent her as an engagement present, she handed it to her mother. "Could you fasten this and my bracelet for me, please?"

Deana smiled, taking the pearls and draping them around Sarah's neck. "I never thought I'd see this day," she commented softly as the closed the clasp and reached for Sarah's bracelet.

Mac turned and took her mother's hand in hers. "I'm glad you could be here to share it with me. I know it's short notice, but would you help Uncle Matt walk me down the aisle? It wouldn't be right if you were there and not by my side."

Deana's smile widened. "Of *course* I will, baby." Ignoring the tears that threatened to ruin her makeup, Sarah's mother took the bracelet and fastened it around her daughter's slender wrist. "Ready?"

Mac smiled, taking a deep breath. "I think so. I just need my maid of honor and bridesmaids, wherever they went. Harriet? Carolyn?" She called.
Harriet poked her head out from the adjoining room. "We're ready whenever you are, ma'am."

Mac took a deep breath and checked her reflection one more time. Nodding to Harriet, Carolyn, Spencer and Chloe, who had joined Harriet, she smiled and said, "Let's get this show on the road!"

Harriet gave Mac a thumbs-up. "All right, ladies, in line!" she barked like a practiced drill sergeant. The ladies fell into line and Harriet nodded to Tiner. He swung the door open and the organist began to play. The classical notes filled the church as Chloe started down the aisle, a grin gracing her sweet little face.

At the altar, Harm heard the music and his head swung automatically towards the door. He smiled at Chloe, coming down the aisle. She was a vision in pale blue, crinoline swishing around her ankles and the low sweep of the dress' neckline offset by a gift from Mac--a small silver choker, with both their birthstones dangling from it. Chloe smiled brightly at Harm and winked. As she walked, the girl sprinkled rose petals down the aisle. *Fitting,* Harm thought, *since we met in a rose garden.*

As Mac watched Spencer and Carolyn walk down the aisle, the butterflies started to flutter at double time. She took a deep breath and looked at her Uncle Matt on her left and her mom on her right; a dream she had had for quite some time. As Harriet prepared to step off, Mac grinned and said, "Go get 'em, Lieutenant!"

Harriet smiled encouragement at Mac. "That's my line, ma'am." She stepped through the doors, her upswept blond hair reflecting the tiny diamond at her throat perfectly. As she strolled down the aisle, Harriet smiled at Bud, standing next to Harm. *It wasn't so long ago this was reversed,* she thought. *I was walking down the aisle to you, my sweet Bud. And now, our friends have found what we've had all along.*

As the music changed from Pachebel's Canon to the Wedding March, Mac said a quick prayer and looked at her escorts. After a minute, Mac took a step forward and started the journey down the aisle.

The sight of Mac coming towards him, in her wedding dress, caught Harm's breath in his throat. *My god, she's an angel.* He couldn't find the strength to smile as all his energy went into not collapsing at her beauty. Harm thought that he'd never seen a lovelier creature. The dress was cut low across her chest and accented her tawny skin impeccably. The white satin and crinoline swung with each step and the bodice hugged Mac's hips gently. As Mac approached, Harm realized he must look awful, staring at her, mouth agape and he smiled lovingly.

Mac grinned back as they reached the altar. She wanted nothing more than to throw her arms around him, but she knew there would be plenty of time for that later in the service.

The minister smiled at the pair. "Who gives this woman to be married to this man?"

Matt and Deana answered together. "We do."

The minister nodded, and Mac's escorts took their seats.  "Who gives this man to this woman?" he continued.

AJ walked over to Trish and helped her out of her seat. They replied in tandem as well. "We do."

Harm smiled at his mother and his CO. "They make a cute couple," he whispered to Mac with a smile.

Mac simply nodded at Harm, her eyes sweeping over him. He looked simply amazing in his dress whites. Handing her bouquet to Harriet, she took his hand in hers as the minister started.

The minister glanced out over the crowd. "Ladies and gentlemen, friends and family, we are gathered here today to celebrate the joining of this man and this woman in holy matrimony." He continued without missing a beat. "On this special occasion, Sarah and Harm have written something special that each would like to read to the other at this time. Sarah?"

Mac looked up at Harm, tears beginning to form in her eyes. "Harm," she began, tightening her hold on his hands. "There are so many things I want to say to you. I want to tell you how much I love you, tell you how you are have become such an integral part of me, how you've gone from my partner to my best friend to my soulmate. But words just can't describe how much I love you, the happiness you bring me when I'm around you, the comfort your hand on your arm brings me...I thanked you once for teaching me how to love you. I'll do it again in front of everyone. *Thank you* for being so loving, so compassionate, such a softie...thank you for being you, Harmon Rabb, Jr. I love you."

Tears filled Harm's eyes as Mac spoke. When she'd finished, he smiled slightly. "You know I'm not good at this serious stuff, so I'll keep it brief. I didn't know how to love before you, Mac. You let me be who I am, flaws and all, and you loved me despite them. And I thank you for that. I'll spend the rest of my life showing you how grateful I am to have you here, with me. I can't promise that I'll always remember the little things--like putting the toilet seat down or buying milk on my way home from work. But I can promise that I will always, forever and a day, love you with all my heart. Sarah Catherine Mackenzie, you are my heart and I love you."

The minister smiled at the couple. "Lovely. Now, Sarah, repeat after me. I, Sarah Catherine Mackenzie..."

Taking a deep, shaky breath, Mac wiped the tears from her face and said, "I, Sarah Catherine Mackenzie..."

The minister continued, "take this man, Harmon Edmund Rabb, Junior, to be my lawfully wedded husband."

Not able to control her grin, Mac looked into his eyes and said, "Take this man, Harmon Edmund Rabb, Jr., to be my lawfully wedded husband." Whispering so only Harm could hear her, she said, "So help me God."

Harm bit his lip to keep from laughing and he squeezed Mac's hand.

"To have and to hold, from this day forward."

"To have and to hold, from this day forward..." Sarah copied.

"For richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health,"

"For richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health..." she dropped her voice to a whisper again, "For lawyering or flying..."

Harm couldn't help it this time. A soft chuckle escaped him. "Mom, make her stop," he murmured.

"To love, honor and cherish, till death we do part."

"To love, honor and cherish, till death do we part," Sarah finished.

The minister turned to Harm. "Harm, repeat after me..."

Harm mimicked the minister word for word.

"Now, if no one has any objections?"

In the front row, Commander Mic Brumby stood. "Actually," he began.

Before the minister had a chance to answer Brumby, AJ was over and in Brumby's face. "I'm gonna forget you just said that, Brumby," he growled. "Unless you want to go back to Sydney via my foot kicking your sorry little ass, I'd suggest you sit back down."

Brumby laughed good-naturedly as Harm glared at him from the altar. "I couldn't resist, Rabb. She's all yours." He sat back down, sheepish.

Mac looked back at Harm and nearly burst out laughing. "Hey, flyboy," she whispered. "I don't dress like this for just anybody, you know."

Harm chuckled softly, turning back to gaze into Mac's eyes. "Can I punch him later?" he whispered.

The minister cleared his throat. "Without any further delay, the rings, please?" He turned to Joshua.

Josh Pendry proudly handed the two bands to the minister. He had been so excited when Harm had asked him to be in the wedding...especially when the bride was Mac. Harm was cool and all, but Josh just couldn't see his mom and Harm together. He nodded at Harm, and stepped back, readjusting his tuxedo collar. He may have liked being in the wedding, but was it really necessary to wear monkey suits?

Harm smiled gratefully at the boy. "Thanks," he whispered.

The minister raised his hand over the rings and blessed them quickly. Handing Harm's ring to Mac, and Mac's to Harm, he said, "Harm, place this ring on your bride's finger and repeat after me. "With this ring, I thee wed"."

Harm slipped the small silver band with its diamond chip onto Mac's finger and repeated softly, "With this ring, I thee wed, jarhead."

Mac grinned at him as the minister handed her Harm's wedding band, a thicker replica of her own. "Repeat after me, Sarah: With this ring, I thee wed."

Mac slipped the band on Harm's hand, squeezing it briefly. "With this ring, I thee wed, squid."

Harm smiled.

The minister shook his head slightly, listening to the bantering. "I now pronounce you husband and wife. You may kiss the Marine!"

Mac grinned and leaned in to kiss her husband, but not before crying out, "Amen to that!"

Harm laughed, lifting Mac up off the floor gently and kissed her soundly. "I second!" he cheered.

The crowd burst into applause at their kiss. Harriet snuck up next to Bud and planted a kiss on his lips, before ducking back to her spot.

AJ started a round of applause for the couple as they finished kissing and as the recessional started to play. Mac separated her mouth from Harm's and hugged him, whispering, "I love you."

Harm took Mac's hand, and kissed her gently once more. "I love you too, Mac."  He led her down the aisle, their arms linked now as their hearts would be forever.

She grinned at him, her heart soaring. Stopping at Trish and Frank, she leaned over and gave them each a kiss. She nearly started to cry again as she impulsively leaned up and hugged AJ and noticed the tear tracks on his cheeks.

Harm held out his arms to Deana and Matt. "Thank you for letting me be a part of your family, sir, ma'am," he choked out around a lump in his throat.

Matt, instead of hugging him, simply saluted the man he knew had been in love with his niece from day one.

Harm released Deana and snapped a salute to Matt. He turned with a grin and took Mac's arm. Harm kissed his mother's cheek, whispering words of thanks. He looked expectantly at AJ.

AJ moved to salute him as Matt had done, but then thought better of it. He opened his arms to the man he had come to think of as his son. As he moved to embrace Harm, AJ said, "You hurt her and I'll kick your six."

Harm clapped AJ on the back and chuckled. "Sir, if *anyone* hurts her, you'll have to get in line behind me for the six-kicking."

Mac tugged gently on Harm's hand so they could continue the recessional and get on to the party.

Harm took Mac's hand and let himself be led out of the church.

Once they got out into the clear summer day, Mac threw her arms around Harm. "I can't believe we did it!"

Harm laughed, kissing her lips gently. "I can. I've waited so long for this."

Harm and Mac wandered around the Annapolis Church grounds for a while, waiting for their guests to recess out of the church. After everyone had cleared, they did the pictures inside the church. On their way back down the aisle for the formal military presentation, Mac said to Harm, "They're not *really* going to hit my butt with that sword, are they? I'm a Marine, for crying out loud...I could whip all of those squids, even in a dress."
Harm chuckled, holding her hand tightly. "Come on, Mac, it's tradition. You're a military wife now, you'd better get used to it," he teased. Harm led Mac through the arch of swords, of which Bud was the last.

As Mac passed by him, Bud grudgingly reached out his saber and smacked her behind. "Sorry, ma'am," he whispered, snapping the saber back into place above his head.

Mac simply smiled at Bud and then looked back at Harm, her eyes relaying the love she felt for him. AJ reached the steps, looking crisp and collected in his dress whites. Saluting Harm and Mac and then turning on his heel, he bellowed, "It gives me great honor...and believe me, none of you know how much...to present for the first time, Commander Harmon Rabb, Jr., and Lt. Colonel Sarah Mackenzie-Rabb! Fall out!"

Harm turned to Mac and tilted back his head, cheering loudly. His bellow of, "GO NAVY!", was echoed by Josh and the Naval personnel present.

Grinning wildly, Mac started a cheer of her own. "Soldier by day!" she began.

Spencer joined Mac on the second line. "Lover by night!"

Galindez piped in as the girls faded out, "Drunkard by choice!"

All three screamed the last few words. "MARINE BY GOD!" When she was done, Mac planted a kiss on Harm's cheek.

Harm burst out laughing, wrapping his arms around his Marine. "Some Marine," he announced to the crowd of friends and family. "She ain't even in uniform!"

"Yeah, but you be glad, son," Matt commented dryly. "A dress is a helluva lot easier to get off than dress blues!" He turned to Sarah and shouted, "Oorah, baby girl!"

Harm held out a hand to Mac. "You ready?"

Mac nodded. "I'm a Marine...not to mention your *wife*. I'm ready for anything."
Giggling, she kissed his cheek. "I love saying that!"

Harm grinned a flyboy grin at his wife. "You're crazy, Mac!" He bent and scooped her up. "Somebody get me a limo!" he called. The limo pulled up in front of the church as if by cue. "See you at the party!" Harm yelled to the guests, putting Mac in the limo as gently as possible.

Laughing, Mac was able to settle herself--and her dress--in the limo without serious injury. She waved to her guests as Harm climbed into the limo. "Hey, that seat's reserved for my husband." She joked quietly.

Harm smiled. "Seeing as how he's late, mind if this sailor keeps the seat warm?"

Mac shrugged. "Suit yourself, but be warned...there's only room for one sailor in my life."

Harm grinned. "What if I told you I was the only sailor you'd ever need, ma'am?"

The limo pulled away from the crowd of guests and Harriet turned to Bud. "They are too cute," she commented, linking her arm through her husband's. "Let's go get little AJ and go. I'm *starved*."

Bud nodded. "Sounds like a plan to me. Think they'll be as happy as we are?"

Harriet smiled, kissing his cheek. "I don't know if that's possible, darlin', but they can certainly try, can't they?" she smiled.  "By the way," Harriet added, almost as an afterthought, "We have to go shopping next weekend."

Bud looked at her, a curious expression on his face. "Why?"

Harriet smiled, patting his arm. "Don't ever change, Bud," she murmured. Louder, she said, "We need a double stroller."

Bud stood stiffly where Harriet had left him. After a minute, he looked after her. "Harriet?!" he squeaked.

Harriet grinned, turning back to him. "What do you think about the name "Sarah" for a girl?" she teased, hands on rounded hips.
-------------------------
Harm entwined his fingers with Mac's and leaned over to kiss her cheek.

From across the room, Spencer giggled and slid her hand into AJ's. "Aren't they adorable," she murmured.

Instead of replying, AJ raised his fork to his glass, clinking them together. Soon, the entire room had joined him, and Mac had no choice but to lean over and kiss Harm again.

Harm laughed, pointing his index finger at AJ. "I'm not Jewish, and that was a dirty trick."

Spencer laughed aloud. "What are you complaining about? You're the one getting kissed!"

"Amen to that!" Mac called, laughing. The emcee came over and whispered something in her ear, handing her a microphone. Standing up and pulling Harm with her, she cleared her throat. The room hushed and Mac began to talk. "I know you're all hungry--I know I am--so I'll make this short. This is a day that frankly, I never thought I'd see. So it's a blessing for me just to be here, but to have such wonderful friends and family here to share it with me is even better, so thank you all for coming. There are a few people I do need to thank, however...first of all, my matron of honor, Harriet...you have been the greatest friend over these past years, and I know that if it wasn't for you and your Aunt Cecile, we wouldn't be here either, so thank you. Thanks also to Bud, and of course, Cecile for setting everything in motion. I also need to thank Admiral AJ Chegwidden...you, Sir, have helped me more than you could possibly know, and words could never express my thanks, but thank you. Harm?" She handed the mike to Harm before she completely lost her composure again.

Harm wrapped her arm around Mac's shoulders and took her cue. "I second all that, and we also want to thank the O'Haras, the Rabbs, the Burnetts and the Mackenzies," he smiled. "Thank you for loving us and supporting us. Every single person in this room is like family to us, and we love you all dearly. AJ, put *down* the breadstick, I'm done." Harm quirked an eyebrow at his CO and laughed softly. "Thank you all again for coming, and we look forward to seeing you a lot in the coming years. At baptisms communions, confirmations, more weddings," he grinned and kissed Mac's cheek. " 'Cause I plan on a lot of little Mackenzie-Rabbs." Harm looked right at AJ as he said that.

AJ, eyes bright, started a round of applause and was on his feet within thirty seconds.

After dinner had been served and Mac and Harm had "made the rounds", the emcee motioned to Mac. Smiling, she grabbed Harm's hand and dragged him to the dance floor, taking the once again offered mike. The room hushed again and Mac began to speak. "Hi again. Hope you liked the food."

"We need more breadsticks!" AJ called.

Harm tried to look stern. "No way, AJ. Go on, love."

Mac just laughed and continued. "At any rate, this is traditionally the 'first dance'. But Harm and I have never been traditional, so we decided to pick out two songs to dedicate to each other. And because I married him, I get to go first. Mine is the first song we ever really danced to, and it professes the way I feel whenever he's around me, the undying love I feel for him."

Nodding to the emcee, she put down the mike and grinned at Harm as "You Bring Out the Elvis in me!" reverberated through the room.

Harm started to laugh, but as Mac continued, his eyes got all dewy. The baby blues lit up with laughter again as Faith Hill began, "You're bringing out the Elvis in me!" "Mac!" he laughed, pulling her close. "Elvis!"

Mac laughed and twined her arms around his neck, undulating her hips as the song continued. "I figured," she whispered in his ear, breath tickling his neck, "You were going to make me cry with your song, so we certainly did not need two blubbering idiots at this shindig."

Harm grinned. "You know me too well already, jarhead." Mac's hips grinding against his were draining all the blood from Harm's brain quickly. He planted his hands on her ass and winked at his wife, waiting to be slapped--or worse.

Mac just leaned back and looked at him, still smiling. Through her smile, she hissed, "Not here, sweetheart." Moving her arms from his neck to his waist, she almost imperceptibly squeezed her towards him, her smile widening.

Harm's eyes widened to match Mac's wicked grin. "Geez, make it *hard* on a guy, why don't you?" he murmured. "How long till we can get away?"

"A few more dances with our parents, the cake, the bouquet and the garter." Mac replied, loving the fact that her husband--her *husband*, she marveled, was so anxious to move on to other wedding day and night activities.

Harm smiled at Mac. "I don't mean to be a sex-hound, but I just can't seem to get enough of you. You're addictive, Mac."

Mac grinned and moved her arms back to his neck, kissing his cheek as the song ended. "Okay, I'm ready for the onslaught," she whispered as the emcee handed Harm the mike.

Harm pulled Mac to his side and began to speak. "I'm not good with speeches," he began.

As the crowd let out a unanimous "Yeah, right!" Harm chuckled softly. "Okay, let me rephrase. I tend to drift off mid-sentence and drool like an invalid when I'm trying to talk about *her*," he nodded towards Mac. "It's just this effect she has on me," Harm teased.

"Awwwww," Mac said, her statement chorused by the rest of the room.

"But I'll try to get through this." He turned to face Mac. "From the day you entered my life, you've been my angel and my best friend. But more than that, you are my rose. You are a beautiful, strong, resilient flower, who reveals a new petal to me each time we speak. This isn't one of 'our' songs, but I heard it a few weeks ago and I thought of you. I love you, Sarah." With that, Harm nodded to the emcee, and the song began. "Some say love, it is a river, that drowns the tender reed. Some say love, it is a razor, that makes your soul to bleed. I say love, it is a flower, and you, its only seed."

Harm took Mac in his arms and twirled her around the dance floor gently.

Mac, true to her Marine word, did indeed become a blubbering idiot. Once again wrapping her arms around his neck, she looked up at him. "What is this with flowers and us? We meet in a rose garden, you bring me roses to apologize, and now you're likening me to a flower."

Harm smiled gently. "You may be a Marine, but to me, you're a beautiful rose, gentle and delicate, inside, if not outside." He held her close, whispering in her ear. "Besides, roses are my favorite flower and you're my favorite Marine. Just don't tell Gunny, okay? He think he's my favorite," Harm teased.

Mac wiped her eyes with her hand and tightened her grip on Harm's neck with the other. Gently, she leaned up and kissed him. "You're my favorite sailor, hands down."

Harm smiled. "I beat out Harriet? Woohoo!" he laughed, kissing away a tear that had gone down Mac's cheek, unnoticed except by him. "I hope you know how much I love you." The song died away and Harm kissed Mac's cheek gently. "And why."

Mac nodded as the crowd burst into applause. Smiling, she nodded to the emcee who announced, "The dance floor is now open!" Mac squeezed Harm's hand and walked over to AJ. "Sir?" She asked. "Normally, the second dance is reserved for the bride and her father, and I'm kind of short one of those...would you do me the honors?"

AJ's eyes went wide. "Of course, Colonel...um, *Mrs.* Rabb." He smiled and led her out to the dance floor.

Harm walked over to his mother and smiled, holding out one hand to her. "Momma?" he whispered.

Trish smiled with tears in her eyes. Taking the offered hand, she followed her son out onto the dance floor.

Harm wrapped strong arms around his mother, smiling down at her. "You think he can see us, Momma?" Harm inclined his head skyward when he mentioned his father, his deep voice sounding for all the world like a child's again.

Trish placed her hand on Harm's cheek. "I know he can see us," Trish said, her voice wavering. Stronger, she repeated herself. "I know he can."

Harm smiled warmly. "I thought so, too. So what do you think of her, Mom? I never really asked before." He glanced over at Mac, who was slow dancing with AJ.

One by one, the couples paired off and joined Mac and AJ, Trish and Harm on the dance floor. Not every couple was one you'd have expected, though.  Harm noticed Gunnery Sergeant Galindez dancing with Commander Teresa Coulter. *Terry and the Gunny,* he laughed to himself as he waited for his mother's answer.

Trish smiled. "She's amazing, darling. I knew from the first time you mentioned her name."

Harm smiled. "You knew she'd be the next Sarah Rabb, too, didn't you? You and Grandma must've passed on a little bit of that women's intuition to me. Speaking of which," he interrupted himself, "would you mind if I ducked out to ask Grandma to dance?"

Trish smiled and kissed her son's cheek. "Of course not, dear. I have to drag Frank out to dance, anyway."

Harm smiled and kissed his mother's cheek again. "Thanks, Mom. For everything." He escorted her over to the table, smiling warmly at his step-father. "Frank, she's all yours," Harm said as his mother and Frank left to dance. "Grandma Sarah, may I have this dance?"

Behind Mac, there was a tap on her shoulder. "May I cut in?" Colonel John Farrow smiled at the Admiral cordially.

AJ turned and looked at Mac. "Up to you," he said softly.

Mac held her head high. "Of course, John, if that's okay with AJ."

AJ nodded and headed back to fetch Spencer.

Sarah Rabb looked at her grandson with pride. "I would be honored, young man," she said, grinning the infamous Rabb grin.

Spencer stood, catching AJ's arm as he approached. "You'd better be coming for me, big guy," she whispered softly.

John smiled at Mac, taking her in his arms. "It's good to see you happy, Sarah. If I couldn't do it, I'm glad someone could."

Harm grinned right back, leading his grandmother out to the floor and putting his arm around her waist. "How did you know, Grandma?" He asked her softly, staring across the room at his beautiful wife.

Grandma Sarah patted his arm. "I think I knew just like you knew, Harm. It was a gut instinct."

Mac smiled at Farrow. "Thank you for coming, John. Really. It means a lot to me."

AJ grinned at Spencer and swept her into his arms. "Of course I'm coming for you, darling." He bowed grandly. "Can I have this dance?"

Spencer smiled, practically leaping into AJ's arms. As they spun on the dance floor she giggled like a high-schooler. "God, AJ, you just amaze me sometimes. I never figured you for a dancer."

Farrow smiled at Mac gently. "It means a lot to me, too, Sarah. I'm glad you're happy," he said again. "So this guy treats you well, huh?"

Harm smiled at Grandma Sarah. "But you knew before you met her. *That* took talent."

AJ grinned back at Spencer. "Well, I guess there's a lot of things you don't know about me. Wanna find out?"

Mac smiled at Farrow then looked over her shoulder at Harm dancing with Grandma Sarah. "He treats me like a princess," she said.

Meanwhile, Grandma Sarah simply smiled at her grandson. "Women's intuition." She said simply.

Spencer nodded vigorously. "This could be us in a few years," she murmured to herself.

John nodded. "Good. You deserve it."

Harm grinned broadly. "Yeah, well I think you're practically a psychic, but I know better than to argue with you. Now, if you'll be as forgiving as Mom was, I'm going to go dance with my wife." He bent down and gave his grandmother a long hug.

With tears in her eyes, Grandma Sarah hugged him back with all her might. "Your father would be so proud of you, Harmon. I certainly am."

Seeing Harm embrace his grandmother, Mac looked at Farrow. "Would you excuse me? I think Mr. Rabb is looking for the missus."

AJ leaned down and kissed Spencer tenderly. "It could be," He replied. "But in a long few years, okay? I can't handle any more Navy weddings, with these two and Bud and Harriet."

Harm fought back tears. "Thanks, grandma. I appreciate that more than you know." He hugged her once more, then walked towards Mac, tapping Farrow on the shoulder. "Can I steal my bride away?"

Spencer nodded, delighted by the response. She'd half-expected something sharper, especially from AJ. Wrapping her arms around his neck, Spencer smiled softly. "As long as we can keep going the way we're going, I can last a few years."

AJ leaned down and kissed Spencer's nose. "To a few more years, then."

Mac grinned. "I was just coming to find you, sailor. Almost time for the cake, et al. Then we can get on out of here." Her voice trailed to a whisper as she finished her sentence.

Harm cheered softly. "Woohoo. Let's get on it then."

Spencer smiled, trapping AJ's face between her palms and kissing him forcefully. "To us."

After the cake had been sliced (and Mac had to threaten Harm with court-martial if he even *thought* about shoving it in her face) and eaten, and everyone was fully stuffed, Harm grinned at Mac. "Time for the bouquet...then the garter," he chuckled wickedly.

With Harriet's help, Mac climbed up on a chair, holding her garter over her head. But when the emcee started counting, she stopped him with a hand. "This already belongs to someone. Spencer?" She called, throwing the bouquet.

Spencer chuckled, diving in front of Terri to catch the bouquet. "Nice shot, Mac!" she cried, brandishing the bouquet.

Mac curtsied and carefully climbed down off of the chair. Crooking her finger to Harm, she beckoned him over to her, hiking up the skirt on her dress just a little bit.

Harm was at her side in a blur of dress whites. "Yes, ma'am?" he saluted.

She simply looked at him, her eyes telling him to get the damn garter off so they could get on that plane to Barbados.

Harm grinned, getting down on one knee. "Most of you should have deja vu right about now," he called. He leaned over and pushed Mac's skirt up a little farther. Sliding one hand up her thigh, Harm bent his head and wrapped his teeth around the garter, gently grazing Mac's supple thigh.

Mac burst out laughing as AJ and Bud let out ear-piercing whistles and catcalls filled the room. "You're terrible!" Mac admonished with a grin on her face.

Harm raised one threatening fist as he mumbled, "Dat's my whife you're whithling ath." He pulled the garter down her thigh, and over Mac's knee, down to her foot. He lifted her leg, pulling it off completely with his teeth.

Mac continued to laugh so hard that tears began to fall down her cheeks. "And you're the worst of them, flyboy." She said quietly to her husband.

Harm smiled winningly up at Mac. "I know," he said with a wink, taking the garter out of his mouth. Turning his back to the crowd, he tossed it over his shoulder. "Go get it, boys!" he yelled, leaning over to kiss Mac hard.

Cupping his cheek, Mac kissed him back and smoothed down her skirt. Regardless of what her husband was trying to pull, her rational side pointed out that her mother and his parents were still in the room, so they should at least attempt to behave.

Harm kissed her again, whispering against her lips. "I love you, Mac.  Let's go," he added softly.

Mac scrunched up her nose in delight. "No argument from me," she whispered back.

Nodding to the emcee, she got up from her chair as he announced with a chuckle, "Ladies and gentlemen, one more round of applause for the newlyweds, who are more than anxious to get out of here!"

Harm wrapped his arm around Mac's waist. "Thanks for coming, everyone. If you'll excuse us, we have a plane to catch."

Spencer yelled out, "As long as you're not flying it, we won't worry. Much."

Mac grinned at her friend. "You may not, but I sure will." She snuck a glance at Harm, restraining her laughter, and then turned back to the crowd. "Thank you everyone, again, for an amazing day."

Spencer started clapping, and soon everyone had joined her. The crowd followed Mac and Harm outside and began pelting them with rice as they stepped into the limo.

Mac waved and then carefully got in the limo. Setting her head against the headrest and closing her eyes, she fingered the rings on her left hand. Harriet had joked that they took some getting used to, but Mac felt like they belonged there. She had only been technically married for less than twelve hours, but it felt more right than anything she had done in her entire life.

Harm climbed into the limo and shut the door. As they headed towards his apartment--to change-- he sat back and watched his wife, twisting his own ring nervously.

Sensing something was off, Mac said, "Sweetheart, fidgeting is not one of your better qualities."

Harm smiled. "Sorry, I'm just...I dunno."

Mac opened her eyes and regarded him. When she spoke, her voice was serious, but laced with a bit of humor. "You're not having second thoughts already, are you?"

Harm shook his head slowly. "God, no, it's not that. I'm just...I never really knew what this would be like. I'm just thinking ahead."

Concerned, Mac took his hand in hers. "Talk to me, Harm. There's a reason I married you--and it's not entirely the great sex."

Harm smiled, and stroked her cheek with one hand. "I love how you listen to me," he commented, trying to change the subject. "And I love you."

"I love you, too." Mac said, covering his hand with hers. "But don't change the subject. I may listen to you, but I can't read your mind. What's up?"

Harm laughed softly. "It's nothing. I'm just worried that maybe I am going to disappoint you."

"What?" Mac cried, a grin splitting her face almost in two. "How on earth could you disappoint me, Harmon Edmund Rabb, Jr.? You've never abandoned me, even when I tried to push you away. You have stood by me through everything, the truest friend I could have ever imagined. And now you're my husband. And unless you've decided you're going to sandbag me at every turn--which I sincerely hope you won't--then you could never in a million years disappoint me."

Harm shook his head. "No, but, you know, I don't know much about being a husband. Frank and I didn't get along when I was young...and my grandfather died when I was little...I've never seen how it's done."

Mac shook her head. "There's not a manual or anything for marriage, Harm. If you stay who you are and if our relationship stays relatively the same, I think we'll be happier than either of us can imagine."

Harm smiled, a little relieved. "I hope so." He kissed her gently.

"I know so." Mac implored, kissing him harder.

Harm wrapped his arms around Mac, pulling her close. His hands were shaking slightly.
He'd been too driven by adrenaline to really be nervous before this.

Noticing his shaking hands, Mac brought them both to her lips, kissing his knuckles.  "Relax, Harm," she said, humor evident in her voice. "We've already had sex, this isn't like prom night or something."

Harm smiled shakily. "I know. It's just new. This is the first time I'll be making love to my wife," he whispered.

Mac smiled at him, touched by the sincerity of his words. "Well, if it makes you feel any better," she began as the limo arrived at his apartment, "I'll let you in on a little secret--I'm more nervous now than I was at Cecile's."

Harm blinked rapidly. "Why?"

Mac shrugged. "It's like you said, it's all so new. But it's an excited nervous, not petrified or anything. I love you, Harm, and most importantly, I trust you."

He couldn't help being touched by her words. "Thank you. You don't know how much that means to me."

Gathering up her dress as the limo pulled to a stop, she kissed him one final time. "I can not *wait* to get out of this blasted dress and into something a lot more comfortable."
"I got the career, I got the man...now all I need are the outfits!"

Harm laughed softly. "We'll work on that." He followed her into the apartment and stripped off his jacket and shirt.

Mac laughed and then turned her back to Harm, motioning for him to unzip her. "We have 72 minutes to get to National, so we'd better hurry. Are you all packed?"

Harm unzipped the wedding dress quickly, though the sight of Mac's sweet backside was enough to make him want them to miss the plane.  "Ready."

Mac carefully hung up the dress on a hanger, covering it with plastic to protect it for the 10 days they would be gone. True to her word, she had plans for their daughters to wear it on their wedding days--their *daughters* she thought with a smile as she pulled on jeans, a black turtleneck and a baby blue suit jacket. Gathering her suitcase and carry-on, she walked back out into the foyer. "You have the tickets? Car reservation? Hotel info?"

Harm sighed softly. "You look gorgeous, as usual, my love. Yes, I have everything, *Mom*," he teased, patting his jacket pocket. "Limo's waiting."

"Hey, I like your Mom, so calling me that won't do you any good." Mac said, readjusting her purse. She wasn't one for many traditions, but Harriet had insisted she make sure she wear blue on the way to her honeymoon, and Mac had acquiesced when she found the suit.

Harm smiled, pulling Mac out the door. "Yeah, well," was the only reply he could think up. For once, he was at a loss for words.

Lacing her free fingers through his, she leaned over and kissed his ear. "I love you." She whispered, loading her suitcase into the trunk of the limo.

Harm shivered, her lips on his ear sending waves of heat down his body. "I love you, too," he whispered back, tossing his stuff in and shutting the trunk. "To Barbados, m'dear?" he asked, opening the door for her.

"Mmm, please, sir. I can't wait for the clear blue water, the little umbrellas in my virgin pina coladas...and you in a swimsuit. After this week, I can die a happy woman."

Harm's smile faded. "Don't say stuff like that, Mac. It's bad luck." He followed her into the limo.

Mac simply laughed. "Harm, as far as I can figure, fate brought us together, and in the words of INXS, it ain't never gonna tear us apart."

Harm laughed softly. "Just be careful. I'm waiting for the proverbial shoe to drop."

Leaning down, Mac unzipped her boot and threw it on the floor. "There. It dropped. Now, can we *please* have a good time?"

Harm burst out laughing. "You're a funny woman, Mac." He leaned over and without warning, pounced on Mac, throwing her down on the seat. "Gotcha!"

Looking up at him, Mac cocked her head to one side. In a deadly serious tone, even though she wanted to burst out laughing, she said, "Harm, you could have saved yourself a lot of time and energy and angst if you had just come right out and said you wanted to have sex in the limo. I wouldn't have minded. Really."

Harm smiled, reaching for the zipper on her jeans. "I like a challenge."

"I'm sure you do. But let's save that challenge for the mile-high club, shall we? We're here." Mac said, motioning to the outside scenes of Ronald Reagan National Airport.

Harm laughed, pulling Mac up by her hands. "All right, but as soon as that little "Fasten Seat Belt" sign goes off, we hit the tiny potty."

Mac laughed and kissed him thoroughly. "Well, a 9:45 plane shouldn't be too crowded, so we'll see how it goes."

Harm smiled. "I have a few alternate plans of entry, so to speak," he winked as they entered the airport and headed for the ticket counter.

As Mac watched, Harm walked over and stood over staring at a counter full of gum and candy. "Maybe I should work for Continental," he muttered. "Gotta be less infuriating than JAG."

Following him, Mac rubbed her hand up and down his back. "I'll go check in if you give me the reservation number."

Harm turned and smiled gently at her. "Here," he said, handing her the tickets. He turned back to staring at the counter, lost in his thoughts.

Given the late hour, National was almost eerily silent. Mac walked up to the ticket counter and showed the agent Harm's and her military IDs. She motioned over to Harm and the woman smiled back at her. "Would you like to upgrade to first class? You certainly have enough frequent flyer miles."

Mac smiled. "Sure."

The woman nodded and printed out their tickets. "Seats 2A and 2B, gate 25. We should be boarding soon."

Mac nodded her thanks and returned to Harm's side. "We got upgraded to first class," she said quietly.

Harm turned and smiled shyly at Mac. "Great, we'll have some privacy, hopefully. Are we boarding soon?" he asked, draping an arm around her shoulders.

Grateful for the contact, Mac wrapped her arm around his waist. "Yep. We'll have enough time to clear security and grab a drink before we get called."

Harm just smiled down at Mac, eternally grateful that she was his, and he was hers.

After they went through the security gate, Mac dodged into the newsstand store, grabbing a PEOPLE magazine and two waters. Joining Harm back at the gate, she silently handed him a water as the stewardess began to call row numbers. Picking up her carry-on and holding her hand out to him, she said, "You ready, sailor?"

Harm took Mac's hand tightly in his. "I've been ready for four years," he winked, some of the humor returning to his voice. He was wondering at himself...what the heck was this sudden terrified mood about?

Mac squeezed Harm's hand, sensing something was off, but deciding not to push the issue.

They seated themselves in their plush leather seats, Mac finally allowing herself to feel the sheer exhaustion settling in her body. The plane to Key Largo was basically empty, and the first class section was bare, save for Mac and Harm.

The stewardess came over with a small bottle of champagne. "For our newlyweds." She said with a smile, setting the bottle and glasses on the console between the two seats.

Harm leaned his head back against the plush leather seat, groping blindly for Mac's hand. "I hate flying commercial," he muttered. "I wish I could be up there, watching the pilot, making sure he's being careful." Harm opened his eyes and turned his head to smile wanly at Mac. "I don't trust just anyone with my prize possession."

Mac squeezed his hand. "Don't you worry, sweetheart, you get to fly us the last leg of the trip." Patting his hand one final time, she leaned her head against the comfortable chair for a moment and then looked back at him. "Harm...are you sure you're okay?"

Harm laced his fingers through Mac's and didn't reply right away. He just stared at her, eyes wide. "Uh huh," he finally muttered. "Just thinking."

"A dangerous thing indeed." Mac said, studying him more closely. "Harm...don't shut me out. Not now."

He smiled faintly. "I'm not, Mac. I'm just not sure you'd want to hear what I'm thinking." Harm paused for a long moment and removed his hand from hers and folded his hands in his lap. "In fact, I am sure you *wouldn't*."

"Harm, you're scaring me." Mac said, her hands itching to touch him. "Please, what is it?"
Harm shook his head. "Nothing scares you," he murmured. "That's sort of what I'm worried about."

Not sure whether to burst into tears or slap him, Mac took a deep breath and placed a hand gingerly on his arm. "*Please*, Harm," she implored, "Tell me what's going on."

Harm took a deep breath, utterly regretting what he was about to say. "I guess I'm just realizing what we've committed ourselves to, and realizing that you're not like the rest of the women I've known. And I'm just a little scared." He shifted in his seat and squeezed Mac's hands tightly in his own. "I'm sorry, sweetie, I didn't mean to be like this, especially on our way to such a perfect week. It just overwhelmed me, I guess." Harm stared down at Mac's slender fingers in his rough hands, and sighed softly.

Mac blinked a few times, trying to wrap her brain around what he had just said. *Only Harmon Rabb would get cold feet after the wedding*, she mused. Looking at him, she squeezed his fingers. "Do you love me?" she asked softly.

Harm's head snapped up so fast he thought his neck would give out. "God, of course," he whispered, clutching at Mac's hands like a lifeline. "I love you more than anything, Mac."

"Do you love me more than Annie? Or Bobbie? Or Jordan?"

Harm shook his head slowly, probably giving Mac the impression that he would say no. "Mac," he whispered, losing himself in her eyes, "I never knew what love was until I held you."

Wanting nothing more than to lean over and hold him until he felt better, Mac still had one more question for him. "Would you ever be unfaithful to me?"

Harm bit the inside of his lip, hoping against hope that what he was about to say was the truth. "No," he whispered. "I don't think any woman could ever compare to you."

Feeling her throat well up with tears, Mac took a shuddering deep breath and exhaled slowly. "It scares me you don't sound one hundred percent sure of that, Harm," she admitted looking down at her hands, "But do you want to make this work?"

Harm let go of Mac's hands long enough to move the champagne and raise the armrest between them. He held out his arms to her. "I'm sorry, Mac. Forget I said anything, please? I love you and I'm glad we're married. Don't think otherwise, okay?"

Mac held on to him for dear life, fearing that if she let go even a fraction of an inch, he--and everything she had ever dreamed about with him--would slip through her fingers. Leaning back from him, she looked him straight in the eye. "I can't forget what you said, Harm, but I swear to you I will try my damndest to make this work, as long as you will too."

Harm smiled a timid flyboy grin. "I don't think we're going to have to work much at it, jarhead, as long as you can put up with little patches of low self-esteem like this," he joked. Lowering his voice to a whisper again, Harm pulled Mac close. I love you."

"And I love you." Mac whispered into his neck. Leaning back and wiping her eyes, she chuckled. "Can't we do anything the easy way?"

Harm laughed softly. "That would be too simple." He kissed her forehead tenderly. "What can I do to erase what I just said from your mind, albeit temporarily?"

Mac laid her head on his chest. Motioning for the stewardess, she asked, "Can we have a blanket?"

The stewardess smiled. "Of course." Returning momentarily, she said quietly, "The other stewardess and I are going to be in the back galley, so just ring if you need anything, okay?"

Mac smiled. "Thank you." Spreading the blanket over the two of them, she said, "I could use some snuggle time."

Harm snuggled as close to Mac as he could, feeling the light weight of her head on his chest, rising and falling with each rhythmic breath. "So could I," he whispered. *The mile-high club can wait,* he thought with a grin. *This is perfection.* "Hey, Mac?"

Craning her neck to look at him, she replied, "Hmmm?"

"We're gonna make it."
-------------------------
Mac felt a soft hand on her shoulder. Opening one eye, she saw the stewardess from earlier in the flight standing over her.

"We're landing, ma'am," the stewardess whispered.

Mac nodded and sat up. "Okay." She replied, running a hand through her hair. Looking back at Harm, who was softly snoring, she smiled. Instead of verbally waking him, she leaned over and kissed him, urging his mouth open with her tongue.

Harm responded to Mac's kiss in numerous ways, the first being to wrap his arms around her and kiss her back, moaning softly. "Good morning to you, too, love," he whispered.

"Hmm, you're right, it is technically morning. Our first morning as husband and wife." Mac said, languidly stretching. "Are you sure you want to continue on tonight? We can just grab a hotel in Key Largo and head out later."

Harm smiled broadly at the thought of Mac being his wife. His anxiety from earlier had dissipated in Mac's embrace. "No, I want you to see the sunrise over Barbados, Mac. It's spectacular." He leaned over and whispered in her ear. "Though, not nearly as spectacular as you looked the other night in that blue number."

Mac ducked her head down at the compliment. As the stewardess opened the door, Mac leaned over and kissed her *husband* one final time. "Well, then, flyboy, let's get a move on."

Harm smiled. "Lay on, Mackenzie."

"It's not Mackenzie anymore, Squid. I'm a Rabb now, remember?" Mac laughed and got her bag out of the overhead compartment. As she had done in the airport, she held out her hand and waited for Harm to join her on the walk out to the airport.

"How could I forget?" Harm slipped one hand around Mac's and grabbed his bag with the other as they headed across the tarmac to the little two-seater he'd chartered.

Mac looked up at the clear sky. Living near the city, you never really saw the vastness of the universe. Mac turned fully around, amazed at the beauty above her. Looking at Harm, she smiled. *Surrounded by two of the most beautiful things in the world.* She thought, following Harm to the puddle jumper with their checked bags. "Oof," she joked, "How much did you need for ten days?"

Harm took two bags out of Mac's hands and hefted one onto his strong shoulders. "Watch your mouth, Mac," he teased. "You never know when one of these bags might be full of surprises for a certain jarhead."

Interest piqued, Mac followed suit and hefted the last of the bags into the back of the plane. "Oh? And what would these surprises entail?"

Harm shook his head. "You'll find out tonight. And tomorrow. And the next day," he grinned. "Hop in, we have a few hours of flying time to get in."

Mac climbed into the cockpit, carefully not touching any of the knobs that surrounded her. "It's a damn good thing I trust you with my life, Rabb," she said, looking around the area.
Harm grinned. "As long as we're not landing on any carriers, at night, during a storm, in a Tomcat, you have nothing to worry about, my love." He settled into his seat, leaning across Mac to snap her restraints into place. Harm's hand brushed her thigh as he finished. "There," he said, snapping his own restraints on. "Ready?"

Jokingly crossing herself and squeezing her eyes shut, she hissed out, "As I'll ever be."

Harm laughed softly, revving the plane's engine and gently pushing the throttle. "Ahhhh," he sighed happily as the wheels left the ground. "God, it feels good to be up again."

Mac opened her eyes and regarded the sheer joy apparent on Harm's face. "Well, if that's all that makes you happy, you'll be the happiest man this side of China this week."

Harm turned a questioning glance on Mac. "Hmm?"

"Well, if you like being *up*..."

Harm roared with laughter. "Red Light, Colonel," he teased. "I have to get us there in one piece, remember?"

Mac pouted. "And here you promised me a membership in the mile high club...doesn't this thing have auto pilot?"

Harm chuckled softly. "Unfortunately, a plane this small doesn't, but we should be there soon. We've been flying for almost..." he paused to check his instruments. With a soft laugh, he raised one eyebrow at Mac, expectantly.

"22 minutes, which leaves us two hours and 8 minutes to wish we had auto pilot."

Harm smiled wickedly to himself. "Do you remember the first time I ever touched you, Mac? I mean, *really* touched you?" he asked softly.

"The first time you touched me?" Mac asked, confusion in her voice.

Harm nodded. "In the car, on the way back from Cecile's," he said, jogging her memory.

Mac smiled. "I'm still surprised you didn't run us off the road."

Harm laughed. "I can fly with my knees," he threatened. "I'll have *both* hands free."

"Now, you say that as a threat, but that's actually a promise in disguise." Mac said, on the verge of cracking up.

Harm smiled wickedly, turning to Mac and resting his knee against the console. One hand reached up and tangled in her hair, the other began caressing her hip as Harm kissed her soundly.

Wrapping her arms around his neck, Mac tilted her neck to grant him better access to her mouth. She pulled his head closer to hers, seeking out his tongue with her own.

Harm moaned softly into Mac's mouth, opening one eye to glance out the windshield. He quickly returned his attention to Mac, kissing gently down her neck and collarbone. "Mm, you know, I just love you," he murmured against her skin.

Arching her neck and tangling her hand in his hair, she put her other hand to work between his legs. "Good thing you do, sailor," Mac replied breathlessly. "'Cause I'm hopelessly in love with you."

Harm groaned as Mac dropped to her knees in the cockpit of the airplane.  She grinned evilly up at him.

Fifteen minutes later, Harm was out of breath and grinning broadly.  "I hope you know, I'm paying you back as soon as we get into the hotel," he promised softly.

Mac kissed him one more time, longingly and tenderly. "I'll take you up on that, Squid." Gingerly zipping him back up and patting him for good measure, she sat back in her seat and buckled up. "I love you," she said quietly.

Harm smiled lovingly. "I love you, too. Always?" he said, a hint of a question in his voice.

Mac looked at him, pinning him with her gaze. "Always."

Harm stared back at her, still amazed that Mac was here, now, like this. "Good," he said simply, turning his attention back to the skies.

Looking out of the tiny airplane's window, Mac craned her head up to look again at the stars. "It's so beautiful," she commented. "You forget living near a city just how breathtaking the sky is."

Harm smiled, enjoying Mac's happiness. "I'm glad you like it."

Chuckling to herself, she turned back to Harm. "Reminds me of a song Spencer made me listen to when we were picking out the bridesmaid's dresses."

Harm perked up at the thought crossing his mind. "Sing it to me?" he asked quietly.
Mac ducked her head shyly. "You know I can't sing."

Harm reached over and tilted her head up to look at him. "That's a load of crap, Marine. You have a beautiful voice."

Mac looked at him and chuckled, relenting. "Well, do you want me to sing the original version or the version Harriet, Carolyn and I made up in the bridal shop?"

Harm chuckled. "You three are pretty creative, hit me with a Mac original."

Mac shook her head at the absurdity and then softly started to sing. "I said I wanna touch the sky, I wanna feel wind in my hair.  I wanna soar through blue sky, never-ending. I wanna sleep in white clouds, in the comfort of your arms, on a pillow of blue skies, in a blanket made of stars. Oh, it sounds so good to me. Flyboy, take me away. Fly this Marine as high as you can into the wild blue.  Set me free, oh I pray, closer to heaven above and closer to you, closer to you."

Harm smiled as Mac sang. When she paused, he urged her on. "Keep going, that's beautiful."

Mac continued singing softly. "I wanna fly and not crash, I wanna sail and not fall. I wanna look at the horizon, and not see a building standing tall. I wanna be the only one, for miles and miles, except for maybe you. And your flyboy smile. Oh, it sounds good to me. Yeah, it sounds so good to me. Flyboy, take me away. Fly this Marine as high as you can, into the wild blue. Set me free oh I pray, closer to heaven above and closer to you, closer to you."

Harm listened, enraptured, as Mac's gentle alto filled the cabin of the small plane. "You're amazing," he whispered when she'd finished, not wanting to break the mood.

Mac shrugged. "We were just fooling around. Be glad I didn't sing you one called 'Sin Wagon', Spencer nearly got us thrown out of the store for yelling that one at the top of her lungs."

Harm laughed softly. "Sounds like my car the night we came home from Cecile's." He paused in thought. "Home. That word actually means something now, doesn't it, Sarah?"

Mac, touched, leaned over and placed her hand on his knee. "I think it would mean more if we had a house, actually," she said with a smile. "I love your apartment and everything, Harm, but really. Jingo needs to run around, and Union Station is hardly the place for him to do that."

Harm nodded his agreement. "I only bought my place because of the challenge that fixing it up presented. Now that it's done, I think we should find some nice newlywed couple to sublet it to. Maybe we can get a little house out by Bud and Harriet's? Just not right next door," he suggested laughingly. "Something with a yard, and a fence for Jingo, and four bedrooms. We don't want the kids to be sardines," he smiled.

Mac grinned. "Maybe not right in Rosslyn...but how about Old Towne Alexandria? It's beautiful there, and the right distance between Falls Church and Quantico."

Harm smiled broadly. "That sounds perfect. You know, I have a friend who lives just outside of downtown Alexandria. You should meet her sometime, Mac, you'd love her," Harm said quietly. He reached over and tapped a gauge. "Darn."

Immediately concerned, Mac bolted upright. "What? What's wrong?"

Harm smiled confidently. "It's okay, Flygirl, calm down. Just a little glitch."

"Now is not the time to be sweet-talking me, sailor. What's wrong?" Mac said searching the gauges for anything she could understand.

Harm placed a hand on Mac's thigh and squeezed it reassuringly. "It's *fine*," he said firmly. "Calm down, sit back, and pretend you trust me."

Warily, Mac did as she was told, trying to take her mind off of the potential problem. Changing the subject, she said, "So who's this friend of yours that lives in Alexandria?"

"I don't think I've mentioned her yet. We met a few years ago, when I was working a murder case out by Quantico."

"Do you keep in touch with her often?" Mac asked, trying not to be angry at the prospect of another member of Harm's harem.

Harm nodded slowly. "Yeah. You know, I never realized it until now, but Dana reminds me a lot of you. Strong and smart, but beautiful. She does have a touch of the Ice Queen attitude until you get to know her, though."

"Dana, huh? And what does this 'Dana' do, Harm?" Mac couldn't help the hurt creep into her voice.

Harm turned to look at Mac briefly. "Hey, what's wrong?" he asked naively.

Mac shook her head. "It's the whole Meg thing again," she said with a sigh. Holding up her left hand, she flashed him her rings. "I may have these on my fingers, but I'm still petrified I don't *have* you."

"Oh, Mac," Harm said softly. "You've had my heart a lot longer than you've had those rings. And, just for your information, Dana's *just* a friend. She and I went through a lot together working on that case, and we bonded. But she's in love with someone else. And so am I," he added tenderly. "I could never compete with him, nor she with you." Harm reached out a hand to Mac, palm up, asking her silently to understand. "What happened, Mac? You never used to be so worried about losing me. Was it what I said on the plane?"

"No," Mac said quickly. Sighing, she shook her head. "I don't know. What you said got me thinking, though...we seem perfect now, but how long down the road is that going to last? A week? A month? Twenty years? There's so much uncertainty in all of this...and it scares me." she confessed.

Harm shook his head. "Mac, you're my soulmate. You are part of who I am, and that's never going to change. No one's been able to come between us in five years, and no one ever will. That's about the only thing I can promise you," he offered helplessly.

Mac smiled, lacing her fingers with hers. "It's so nice to hear you say that." She said. Lifting her head with Marine confidence, she nodded once, briskly. "We can do this."

Harm smiled. "I know we can." He slipped his hand out of Mac's. "Wow, time flies, and so do we, apparently," he kidded. "We're about five miles from the airstrip." Leaning over to the radio, Harm spoke. "Charlie, this is aircraft "Bella", we're starting our approach. Are we cleared to land? Over."

A crackling voice replied. "10/4, you are cleared to land on Runway One Alpha. Clearing lights flashing."

Harm nodded to himself, satisfied. "Roger that. Over and out.  Look out your window, Mac," he said softly. "Watch the sunrise as we land."

Mac looked out over the early morning ocean, amazed at the brightness of the pinks and oranges that covered the sky, reflecting off the crystal blue waters. "It's amazing!" She cried, looking at Harm, a look of wonder in her eyes.

Harm smiled back. "It is." He wasn't talking about the view.

After a minute or two of circling, Harm landed the plane with nothing more than a gentle jerk.

Opening the door, Mac leapt out of the plane, taking a deep breath of the salty air.

Twirling around like a six year old ballerina, arms wide open, she cried, "I'm alive!"

Harm's smile widened as he watched Mac. He'd never seen her this happy, but the gnawing inside his gut just wouldn't quit. He kept wondering what awful thing would separate them.
-------------------------
Harm led Mac into the hotel room with a hand over her eyes. "Don't look yet," he said as he unlocked the door with one hand. He fervently hoped his surprise had been set up correctly. "All right, look!" Harm said when he was certain she'd be surprised.

Mac stood in the doorway, stunned. "Oh, Harm!" Mac cried, covering her mouth with her hand.

Harm smiled. The roses practically filled the room, the bouquets of red, white and yellow only interrupted by sprigs of baby's breath and bunches of gardenias, Mac's favorite flower. "You like it?" he asked with a smile.

"It's beautiful." Mac was able to say after a moment. "When did you do all this?"

"I called and arranged it last week." Harm led Mac across the room to a small table. He kicked the toe of his sneaker at a rose petal, one of a trail leading from the door to the king-size bed.

"And I brought entertainment," he grinned, gesturing to the table.

Bursting out laughing, Mac turned and placed a hand on his cheek. "Monopoly. Only you, Harm. Only you."

Harm grinned. "You owe me a game of Strip Monopoly if I remember correctly."

Wrapping her arms around his neck, Mac closed the space between them. "And I always pay my debts," she said before capturing his mouth with hers.

Harm smiled. "Me, too," he whispered into her kiss. "And I owe you from the plane, don't I?"

Mac leaned back, as if she was pondering the meaning of life. Tapping her chin thoughtfully, she nodded. "Yes, you do." Reaching for his shirt and pulling out of his pants, Mac continued. "And I'd like to collect right now, sailor."

Harm smiled broadly, reaching for Mac's shirt and pulling it up over her head. "I was hoping you'd say that." As if on cue, his head swiveled toward the unlocked door.

Following his gaze, Mac bolted to the door, all but slamming it shut and then returning to Harm's side, pulling his shirt over his head and running her hands up and down his broad chest.

Harm grinned. "Two point five seconds, not a bad dash, jarhead."

Mac grinned, advancing on him.

When they were done, Mac flung her head back on the pillow and moaned, long and low. "Lord, Harm," she said after she had finished, "There are times that you leave me speechless, and then there are times like these you make me into Jell-O."

"Speaking of Jello," he said, rolling off of her with shaky arms.

Rolling onto her side, Mac wrapped her arms around Harm, kissing him slowly and thoroughly. "I love you so much, Harm," she said, simply looking at him.

"I love you more, Mac," he whispered, holding her in his unsteady arms.

Rubbing her nose against his in an Eskimo kiss, Mac grinned. "Nope. I love *you* more."

Harm giggled, Eskimo-kissing Mac back. "Nuh uh. It's impossible. I love you more than there are stars in the sky," he murmured, kissing her lips gently.

Kissing him again, Mac continued the banter. "I love you more than the number of times I've kicked your six in court."

"That's all?" Harm looked hurt. "I love you more than all the times you've gotten me in trouble with the Admiral."

Kissing his nose, Mac said, "I love you more than the number of times Bud has stuttered in his life."

Harm's chest rumbled with a laugh. "I love you more than all the times you've rolled your eyes at me and said "Ha-arm" in that voice that says I piddled on the rug."

Laughing outright, Mac searched his face, drowning in his eyes. "I love you more than the number of times you've made comments that totally deserved a red light, but I didn't flash you one 'cause deep down I was flattered...oh, I said too much."

Harm smiled triumphantly. "I *knew* it!" he exclaimed. "That thing about the female Marine and the Energizer bunny--you *liked* that, didn't you? Didn't you?" he demanded, teasingly.

Mac sighed. "Well, I wouldn't say I *liked* it, per say, but it gave me something to strive for."

"You seem to have reached that goal, sweetie.  God, I'm tired," Harm said, stifling a yawn.

Mac kissed his neck, throwing her arm over his chest. "Well, that's a good thing to know, sailor."

"You knew, you just wanted me to say it. And I will---you exhausted me. There, you happy?" he laughed.

Grinning, Mac replied, "Yes. Yes, I am."

Harm laughed, pushing Mac off of him and throwing himself on top of her. "But I'm Navy. We work through our exhaustion," he winked evilly.

"Well, I'm a Marine. We don't back down from any challenge, so bring it on, Navy."

Harm took that as a personal gauntlet and picked it up. "Oh, really? Try this on for size." He flashed Mac a flyboy grin and headed south.
-------------------------
Harm awoke and stretched. He looked down at Mac, lying curled in the crook of his arm.

"Hey, jarhead, wake up," he whispered, kissing her forehead. "We're going to miss dinner if we don't get going soon."

Stretching languidly, Mac's eyes fluttered open. Smiling at Harm, she slowly sat up, rubbing the sleep from her eyes. "I need a shower before we head downstairs."

Harm cocked one eyebrow. "Can I come?" he asked, using the double entendre on purpose.

Mac swung her legs out of bed, grinning at him as she headed into the bathroom. "Yes, you can."

Harm followed Mac into the bathroom, dropping his boxers on the bed. He watched, mesmerized, as her firm behind disappeared from view.

Harm reached around Mac to turn the water on, pressing himself against her back. "'Scuse me," he murmured.

Smiling to herself, Mac pushed ever so slightly against him. Reaching behind him, she grabbed her shower stuff off the vanity and after checking the temperature of the water, slowly climbed into the shower, letting the water run down her body.

Harm's whole body tingled at Mac's touch and he slid into the shower behind her. He grabbed the complimentary bar of teeny soap and lathered up his hands, rubbing Mac's back tenderly. Harm leaned down to kiss her neck softly.

"Mmmm," Mac moaned appreciatively. "You're so good at this massage thing," she said with a smile.

Harm nodded silently as his lips traveled down Mac's neck and across her shoulders. He couldn't seem to get enough of kissing her, no matter which part of her it was. "Only for you," he whispered.

Chuckling, Mac turned in his embrace, wrapping her arms around his neck. "I should hope so." She said, kissing him lightly.

Harm grinned, rubbing soapy hands across her butt. "Say, I know we're not in Washington, but...uhm...the Little Captain still outranks me, doesn't he?"
Laughing, Mac looked at the space between their bodies. "I should say he does."

Harm grinned and followed Captain's orders.
-------------------------
Later, Mac stood in the bathroom putting the finishing touches on her outfit, running a brush through her hair. Stepping back and regarding her blue capri pants and blue and purple tank top, she grinned at her reflection. *I look about 25...must be this whole marriage thing*. Donning her wedding and engagement rings, she turned off the light and went back into the main room. "You almost ready, sailor?"

Harm looked up from his boot. "I'm ready. God, you look gorgeous."

Smiling shyly, Mac walked over to the closet and grabbed her sandals. "Thanks. Ann Taylor strikes again. It's a good thing I got a raise in changing jobs--I would have never been able to afford this otherwise."

Harm laughed softly. "It's not the clothes, Mac. You're too modest, you know that?"

Mac waved a hand at him. "Nah. Clothes make the girl. At any rate, I'm starved. Wanna go check out the hotel restaurant?"

Harm walked up behind Mac as she bent over to put on a sandal. When she straightened, he put his hands on her hips and turned Mac to face him. Harm touched her cheek gently.
"I'm going to spend the rest of my life telling you how wrong you are, Mac. You are the most beautiful woman, inside and out, that I've ever met. I find it hard to believe that you don't know it." Harm paused, and kissed Mac's cheek, dropping his hand to her waist. "I'd rather walk along the beach and see if we can find some good seafood. You up for it?"

Mac, touched by his words, laced her fingers through his. "Sounds good to me."

Harm led Mac out of the room, shutting the door behind them, and out into the street--if you could call it that. It was more of cobblestone path leading down to the beach and the shops than anything else. As they walked in silence, Harm's thoughts went rapidly from one train to the next. When they'd walked about a quarter of a mile, he pointed out a little souvenir shop. "Can we stop in? I want to pick something up for Bud."

Mac nodded. "Of course."

Harm held the door for Mac, and a tiny jingle rang out as two small bells above the door swung in the warm twilight breeze. Harm walked away from Mac momentarily to examine a shelf full of glass bottles and knickknacks.

Mac wandered over to the collection of glass figurines. Handblown and colored, they sent rays of light flying every which way, even in the dusk hours. Most of them were very expensive, but she found one she knew Harm would love. The saleswoman, an older woman, smiled at her. "You like?" she said, pointing to the small plane.

Mac nodded. "Yes. How much, please?"

The saleswoman smiled. "For you, twenty American."

Mac smiled. "Thank you.

Harm was distracted by the wooden children's toys in the corner of the small boutique, so he didn't notice Mac's purchase. He went and stood behind her, placing a protective hand on her hip. When the saleswoman was done with Mac, she rang up the hand-carved toy carpentry set Harm was holding. "For AJ," he explained to Mac, quite unnecessarily.

Mac handed the woman the money and looked at Harm with a grin. "Big AJ or little?" she teased.

Harm laughed softly, pulling Mac backward into him. "Little."

Mac smiled at him and then took the bag containing her souvenir in her other hand. Tilting her head and kissing his neck, she motioned for him to pay for his purchase.

Harm passed his money over, received his change and thanked the woman with a smile. "Ma'am, do you know any good seafood restaurants along this avenue?"

The woman smiled and nodded. "Rosario's. Very, very good. Try the scampi. And tell Rosario that Mathilde sent you, eh? Get you good table."

Harm smiled gratefully. "Thank you so much. Have a great night!" he said as he held the door for Mac.

Mac followed him out onto the cobblestone road, and stopped right outside the shop. "Look at the sunset!" She gasped, pointing to the oranges, pinks and reds adorning the sky.

Harm stood there, watching Mac. He'd seen beautiful sunsets before, but he'd never seen Mac this happy. Well, maybe once. When the minister said, "You may kiss the bride." On impulse, Harm wrapped his arms around Mac's from behind. He stood there silently, awash in feelings.

Mac leaned up and looked at him, admiring his handsome features in the sunset's light. "I love you," She said simply, then turned back to watch the sunset over the ocean.

"I love you, too," Harm whispered, ducking his head. He pressed his nose into Mac's hair, drowning in her scent.

Patting his arm, Mac reluctantly pulled away. Lacing her hand through his, she pulled him in the direction of the rest of the shops and restaurants. "Come on, flyboy, I'm starved."

A low laugh rumbled up from Harm's belly. "When *aren't* you hungry, Ninja Girl?" he teased.

Mac looked pointedly at him. "Well," she scoffed, "We *are* newlyweds, and I just worked up an appetite."

Harm chuckled, squeezing her hand. "I can't think of more satisfying exercise, though."

Mac grinned and drew his arm around her shoulders, lacing her fingers through his again.
"Good, because neither can I." Wrapping her free arm around his waist, she nodded down the street. "There's Rosario's."

Harm smiled to himself. He'd had a lot of women in his life, and not one of them, not even Bobbie, could keep up with his libido. Mac seemed to be the exception--in this as in everything.

As if reading his thoughts, Mac grinned up at him. "Well, I guess I've proven why a Marine is like the Energizer Bunny, huh?" She said, disentangling herself and opening the door to the seaside restaurant.

Harm's boisterous laugh echoed through the cobblestone walkways. "I guess so," he murmured, still chuckling to himself. When they were seated, Harm slid his foot over and kicked Mac's boot gently. "I love you," he mouthed.

Raising her water glass in salute, Mac smiled back. "Here's to you never getting tired of saying that."

Harm raised his beer and clinked glasses with Mac. "Amen to that."

When he'd finished eating, Harm leaned back in his chair, folded his hands in his lap and stared unabashedly at his beautiful wife, silently.

Mac set her fork down on her plate and wiped her mouth. "What're you looking at?" she said, finishing her mouthful of shrimp scampi.

Harm chuckled. "You always ask me that and I always answer the same way. *You*."

Sticking her tongue out at him, Mac said, "Oh. I thought maybe I had sauce on my chin or something."

"Maybe later," Harm murmured softly. "You're beautiful, you know that." It was a statement, not a question.

Ducking her head, Mac replied quietly, "So you keep saying."

Harm reached across the table and grabbed Mac's hand. "You are," he said softly. "It just keeps blowing me away."

Squeezing his hand back, she nodded to the beach. "I could go for a little walk. Care to
join me?"

Harm shook his head in bewilderment. "As if I'd go anywhere without you?" He stood, and went around behind Mac to pull her chair out.

Without a word, Mac laced her left hand through his right, admiring once again the added weight on her left hand. Walking out of the restaurant and crossing the small path to the beach, Mac leaned down and removed her sandals, swinging them in her right hand.

Leaning her head on Harm's shoulder, Mac sighed, looking out at the ocean. "This is so wonderful," she said quietly.

Harm nodded silently, completely comfortable with the feeling of Mac walking next to him.

As they continued on the beach, Mac noted with distinct pleasure how they no longer needed words to communicate; they could survive on a hand squeeze, a look, a gentle touch.

Harm sent Mac a loving look, the ache in his head detracting little from his enjoyment of the moment. Just him, his soulmate (now his wife) and the beautiful Caribbean night.

Turning to Harm, Mac bit back the comment she was going to say and ran her fingers across his forehead. "Harm, are you feeling okay? You look a little pale."

Harm nodded weakly. "I'm fine," he said softly. "You looked like...uhm, like you were thinking something else?" He stumbled over the words.

"It can wait," Mac said dismissively, pressing her hand to his forehead. "You've got a mild fever, Harm. Come on, time to get you back to bed."

Harm brushed her hand away gently. "I'm fine, Mac. Stop worrying and enjoy our honeymoon, please," he murmured.

Mac shook her head, standing her ground. As she bent over to put her sandals back on, she looked up at Harm. Seeing him pale further, Mac grabbed his hand, saying, "I'm giving you a direct order, Commander. Let's get you back to the hotel."
 

"We're not at work, you can't order me to do anything." Harm's voice was teasing, but he was growing agitated. "Come on, Mac, it's only like 2100. I'm not even close to tired," he lied, the ache in his bones betraying him.

Mac sighed. Taking his hand, she began gently, "Harm, darling, you look terrible. We have a whole 8 nights to explore this tiny island--let's just go home and relax, okay?"

Harm started to protest, but his mouth wouldn't cooperate. "Okay," he gave in quietly. "I'm not really feeling up to walking much, anyway," he understated. His face was the color of chalk, his head pounded like an elf had a jackhammer in there and was going to town and his stomach was threatening to reject his shrimp scampi.

Worried, Mac started them double time (or the slowest double time Harm could manage) back to the hotel. Pointing to the bed, Mac ordered, "Lie down." Going over to her overnight bag, she pulled out the medicine bag and started digging around. "What's the matter? Head? Stomach?"

"Yeah."

Looking sympathetically at her husband, Mac brought out some Dramamine and Advil and walked over to the bed. "Strip, sailor," She said quietly, laying the pills on the side table and pulling down the comforter on the king sized bed.

Harm lay curled in a ball on the bed. "I don't wanna move, Mac," he whispered. "I'm too tired."

Stroking his head, Mac continued to talk to him soothingly. "Sweetheart, I know...but can you just crawl under the covers for me? I'm going to give you something to make you feel better, okay, love?"

Harm sighed softly, pulling his legs up so Mac could work the covers around them.
"Thank you, Mac," he murmured. "Love you."

"I know, love. Just swallow these and rest. I'll be here." Mac helped him raise his head, holding the pills and a glass of water to his mouth.

Harm swallowed the medications obligingly, his head falling exhaustedly onto the pillow as soon as Mac released it. "Hold me?" he whispered.

Mac kissed Harm's forehead tenderly. "Give me a second to rinse the sand out of my toes, sailor. Don't hog all the pillows, okay?"

Harm sighed softly, unable to answer.

Hurrying to the bathroom, Mac ran the shower and rinsed off her feet, quickly donning her USMC tshirt and Harm's boxers that she had never returned. Going back into the main room, she eyed the phone, debating whether or not to call the hotel doctor. Deciding she would wait to see if Harm just had food poisoning, she climbed into bed next to him, gently moving his head to rest on her breast, stroking his head like a mother would a child.

"M'sorry," Harm murmured, gently inhaling Mac's familiar, comforting smell.

Kissing the top of his head, Mac shushed him. "Hey, I said I'd love you through sickness and health...and while I didn't expect it on our honeymoon, I'm not backing down."
Kissing his head again and rubbing her cheek along his hairline, she whispered, "Rest, Harm."

Harm weakly raised one arm and draped it across Mac's stomach. He drifted off to sleep, relaxed in her embrace.

It wasn't but half an hour later that Harm bolted upright. He climbed out of the bed, walking quickly, if unsteadily, towards the bathroom, his hand clasped over his mouth.

Mac was immediately up and out of the bed, following Harm to the bathroom.

Harm pushed the door closed behind him but it didn't catch. He leaned over the toilet and his stomach emptied itself of its contents. When he was done, Harm sank back on the floor, clutching his knees to his chest.

Pushing the door open, Mac rushed and squatted down, rubbing her hand on Harm's back in soothing circles. "It's okay, love. Everything's fine." Reaching up and grabbing some toilet paper, she wiped his mouth, kissing his forehead. Retrieving a facecloth, she ran some cold water on it and placed it on his forehead and neck, trying to cool him down.

"Thanks," he whispered. "I don't know what's wrong with me. I never get sick." The chalky color of Harm's face was a little closer to flesh tones now.

Running the washcloth up and down his face, Mac searched for signs of any impending physical illness. "Do you think you can make it back to the bed, or do you feel like you're going to be sick again?" she asked softly.

"I'm okay now, I think," Harm murmured. "Help?" he asked, hating to even speak the word.

"Always, darling. Always." Mac wrapped her arm around his shoulder, slowly helping him to his feet. Luckily, the bathroom was only around the corner from the bed, so Mac was able to help him climb into bed relatively easily. Settling him under the covers, Mac went back to the bathroom, flushed the toilet, and brought the wastebasket out into the main room, setting it next to Harm's side of the bed, just in case he felt sick again. Climbing on her side, she wrapped her arms around his back, rubbing his back gently, trying to soothe him back to sleep.

Harm sighed, this time it was a little sigh of happiness. "Thank you," he mumbled, groping behind him to find her hand. "I don't know what I'd do without you sometimes."

Kissing him behind the ear, Mac smiled back. "Let's hope we never have to find out, hmm?"

"Mmhmm. Mac, will you sing to me?" Harm asked, his voice soft and childlike.

Mac smiled, rubbing her face up and down his back. "Nights are long, and dreams are cold, if they're all you wake up to. But should you rise with crying eyes, I'll take care of you. So let them talk about us, let them call us funny things. People sometimes do. I don't care as long as you know I love you. Oh, and you know I do."

Salty tears slipped down Harm's face, unnoticed, as his exhausted body finally let him be. He sighed once more as he slipped into sleep. "I love you, Sarah," he managed to whisper as he dozed off.
-----------------
Mac stirred lightly, opening her eyes to the harsh sunlight. Groaning and covering her eyes, she cursed herself for not closing the blinds last night. Remembering Harm's illness, she slowly leaned over him, feeling his forehead and noting with pleasure his color and temperature had returned to normal. Climbing out of bed, she closed the blinds and headed to the bathroom to wake up.

Harm moaned softly as he felt Mac climbing out of bed. "Hey, c'mere," he murmured, grabbing her pajama top gently.

Nearly falling on top of him, Mac turned, kneeling next to him instead. "How're you feeling?" she asked quietly, brushing an errant strand of hair off of his forehead.

Harm opened his baby blues, which were much more alert and coherent this morning, and stared at Mac. He slid a hand out from under the covers to entwine his fingers with hers. "Better, thanks to you. Come lay back down," he said softly. "It's too early to move."

Smiling, Mac obliged, crawling in beside him and wrapping her arms around his back. "Normally I would disagree, as it's 0913, but hey, it's our honeymoon, right?"

Harm laughed quietly. "0913? That's practically dawn here." He rolled over to face Mac, his nose mere inches from hers. Harm sniffed the air. "Your breath smells like shrimp," he teased. "And garlic."

Worried, Mac covered her mouth with her hand and blew into it, trying to smell her own breath. "Do you want me to go brush my teeth?"

Harm chuckled, pulling Mac's hand away. "No, I think it's adorable." He kissed her gently, parting her lips with his tongue. "Mmmmm," he murmured.

Mac's giggles quickly subsided as her tongue began to war with his. Wrapping her arms around his neck, she pulled him to her. Whispering against his mouth, she said, "Somebody's obviously feeling better."

Harm started to kiss Mac's neck with a smile. "Much," he reiterated.

Stretching languidly, Mac extricated herself from under Harm's mouth.  She propped herself on one elbow and regarded him. Running her hand along his jaw, she continued, "What did I ever do to deserve you?"

Harm pulled Mac as close to himself as he could, drawing the sheet up around their naked bodies. "I dunno," he said softly. "But I do know I must've done something amazing in a past life to deserve *you*, Sarah."

"You're not going to break out singing 'Something Good' from the Sound of Music, are you?" Mac teased, laying her head down on her pillow, tracing intricate patterns down his back.

Harm rolled over to face Mac, kissing her forehead gently. "Not right now."

Giggling, Mac closed her eyes out of sheer exhaustion. "Good. 'Cause I'm not sure if I
could handle Julie Andrews' part right now."

Harm chuckled softly, feeling Mac settle into the curve of his arm. He picked her arm up and gently draped it across his chest. "I hope I never get tired of falling asleep with you," he murmured contentedly, wrapping his leg around one of Mac's.

Yawning, Mac smiled sleepily. "I know I won't. You make too good of a pillow."

Harm's chest rumbled with soft laughter. "You're a great cuddler, Mac."

"Only when I'm inspired."

"I love you, Sarah Catherine Mackenzie Rabb," Harm smiled to himself.

"Say that again." Mac said, her eyes opening.

"I love you, Sarah Catherine Mackenzie Rabb," Harm said, and kissed her swiftly.

"Sarah Mackenzie Rabb," Mac said with a grin. "Has such a ring to it, don't you think?"

Harm grinned. "It's too long. I much prefer one or the other." He leaned back in sudden surprise. "Hey, you know, I don't think we ever discussed that," Harm said, looking down at Mac. "Which name are you gonna use?"

"Hmmm," Mac said, considering. "I don't really know, come to think of it. I suppose I was going to use Sarah Mackenzie professionally and Sarah Rabb socially. What do you think?"

Harm nodded approvingly. "I like it. There won't be too much confusion, though?"

"Well, I'm figuring everyone is so used to calling me 'Mac', even your family, that we should be fine."

Harm chuckled softly. "My mother would call you "Bob" if it meant you would remain her daughter. I can't tell you how much she's been looking forward to all of this." He rubbed Mac's back in gentle circles as they talked.

"Harm..." Mac began, contemplating on how to proceed. Taking a deep breath, she said quietly, "Do you think your dad would have approved of me?"

"Oh, god, Mac," Harm breathed, staring at the ceiling. "I think my dad would've adored you, just like I do," he smiled and kissed her nose. "He had good taste."

Tears welling up in her eyes, Mac leaned over him, kissing him tenderly. "Thank you," she whispered.

Harm circled his arms around Mac's waist, unable to reply. His throat was choked with tears of his own. Swallowing the lump in his throat, Harm finally replied, "How do you make me change emotions so fast? I've never been one to cry," he laughed through his watering eyes.

Leaning back and gently wiping his tears away, Mac shrugged. "Must be this whole love thing. I hear it makes you more emotional than a pregnant woman."

Harm laughed, kissing Mac's fingertips and tasting his tears. "Speaking of which, I hate to bring it up, but my mom was bugging me at the reception. She wants grandkids," he teased. "And soon."

Mac laughed. "Honey, at this rate, we'll have a litter before our first anniversary!"

Harm couldn't help the laughter that bubbled up in him and overflowed. He fell into a chuckling fit, and couldn't catch his breath. "How many's a litter?" he finally gasped.

Giggling along with him, Mac replied, "6 or 8...but how about we just try for one, hmm, sailor?"

Harm nodded agreeably, rolling on top of Mac. "Practice makes perfect, right?" he joked, kissing her.

"Of course. We need to be at the top of our game." Mac said, kissing him back, and she made sure they practiced long and hard for the rest of the day.
-----------------
The next morning, Mac awoke to see Harm watching her. She looked up at him and kissed his chin. "So what do you want to do today?"

Harm smiled. "More of the same?" he answered eagerly.

Laughing, Mac ran her hands up and down his broad chest. "I'd love that...but I'd also love to explore the island a little more. They have amazing beaches here...and I'll let you in on a little secret," she said, lowering her voice to a whisper. "I bought several new bathing suits. Just. For. You." Each word was punctuated by a light kiss.

Harm chuckled softly. "I hope they're skimpy," he teased, tilting his head to kiss Mac passionately. "Although, if they are," he backpedaled, "we might not see much of the island."

Giggling, Mac said, "Well, that's fine by me, as long as we see *some* of it."

"The inside of the hotel room doesn't count?"

Laughing again, Mac kissed his cheek. "No, honey, the inside of the hotel room does *not* count." Climbing out of bed, she headed over to the dresser. "Come on, it's beautiful outside."

Harm stood, stretching slowly. "All right, if you promise to show me one of those new bathing suits, I'll go."

Opening the drawer and pulling out one of her newest two pieces, Mac winked at him. "All right. I'm gonna go brush my teeth and then we'll head out." Heading to the bathroom, she called, "Don't forget sunscreen!"

Harm pulled the suntan oil out of his bag. "I won't. I'm intent on bronzing myself before we go back to DC."

Brushing her teeth quickly, Mac donned her new black two piece, tying the strings around her back. Heading out into the main room, Mac stopped at the closet to get her sandals and asked, "Can I borrow one of your shirts? I can't seem to find my cover-up."

Harm's mouth fell open. "Uhm, yeah. Shirt, sure," he stammered, trying not to stare. *Wait. I'm allowed to stare now, she's *my* wife,* he laughed to himself. "Here you go."
Harm tossed Mac one of his polo shirts.

Pulling the oversized garment over her head, Mac stepped into her sandals. "Thanks. We should take a bag down to the beach--bottled water, sunscreen, etc.," she said thoughtfully. Bending over to retrieve her bag, she realized with pleasure she was giving Harm a really nice view of her ass. Giggling at the thought, she straightened and started tossing things into her overnight bag turned beach bag.

Harm licked his lips as Mac bent over, as a litany of the delicious things he was going to do to her ran through his mind. "Good plan. We should buy one of those mesh ones today, though, so you don't get sand in your overnight bag," he commented idly, watching Mac's cute little behind encased in black as she moved around the room.

Mac nodded, tossing in four bottles of water in with the rest of the beach materials. "Sounds like a plan to me. You ready? Do you have the room key?"

Harm patted his back pocket. "Close to my heart," he laughed.

Grinning, Mac held out her hand to him. "Well, I certainly hope there's enough room for the key and me in there."

Harm grabbed her hand and pulled Mac into his arms, kissing her gently. "I said 'close to my heart'. You're the only one *in* it, darlin'."

"Well, good." Mac kissed him lightly once more. "And don't think that cute expression is going to keep me in this room, Harmon Rabb, I intend to put this bathing suit to good use."

Harm held up his hands, feigning an innocent expression. "I was just copping a feel," he said, turning and slinging the bag's strap over his shoulder.

Groaning, Mac opened the door and pulled him out of the room. Walking down the path to the beach, Mac was entranced by its beauty, especially the blueness of the water. The beach wasn't that crowded, but Mac headed over to a spot further away from where the crowds were massing. "Is this spot okay?" she asked, indicating their half-sunny, half-shaded spot under a palm tree, about 15 feet from the water's edge.

Harm nodded, mesmerized by Mac, not by the ocean. "Perfect," he said, spreading out the blanket.

Slipping over her sandals, Mac tilted her head up to the sun's warming rays. "Mmm, I could stay out here all day."

Harm smiled broadly. "In that case, pass me the suntan oil. We're going to go back nice and tanned."

Fishing through the bag, Mac triumphantly produced the suntan oil. Instead of handing it to him, however, she simply moved from beside him to behind him. Squirting a liberal amount on her hands, she started to spread the oil across his back.

Harm sighed in delight, as his muscles relaxed under her tutelage. "That feels great," he said breathily, closing his eyes.

Smiling to herself, Mac reached across his back and applied oil to his chest. Reaching around his waist, she did the same to his legs. Kissing his neck, she removed his dress shirt from off her own back and said quietly, "All done."

Harm turned with a giant grin on his face and picked up the bottle of tanning oil. He squirted some into his hand and gently stroked his hand down one side of Mac's back. Harm's strong hands caressed her back, spreading the oil around, tracing the definition of the smooth muscles.

Mac closed her eyes and groaned softly. "Again I say, you could make a living at this." Suddenly, her Marine training kicked in when she heard a sound that sounded surprisingly like the quick shutter-speed of a camera from behind them. Whirling around, she searched
the area with her eyes.

Harm leaned out of her way, whispering. "What? What is it, Mac?"

Hushing him with her hand, Mac slowly got up, peering cautiously over the top of the bushes that separated the beach from the path around the property. Seeing nothing, she turned slowly, putting her hands on her hips. After a moment, she joined Harm on the blanket, nervously playing with her wedding rings.

Harm stopped the soft clinking with his palm. He watched Mac carefully, his head cocked to one side. "Gun?" he mouthed.

Looking back behind her, intensely looking for the sound, Mac shook her head. Along the path, she saw only a few bicyclists and random tourists, none with cameras. Sighing, she looked at Harm with a sheepish smile. "Just a little jumpy, I guess."

Harm shook his head slowly. "Not you, Mac. What was it?"

Sighing again, Mac said, "I don't know...it just sounded like a camera, like someone was taking pictures...but it was high speed film and shutter speed, used for surveillance."

Harm paled slightly. "That can't be good." Speaking clearly, for the benefit of anyone listening, Harm said, "It's nothing sweetie, I bet it was a stray cat. You're such a worrier."

Mac nodded, placing a hand on his arm. "I know, dear. What do you say we go for a swim?"

Harm smiled genuinely. "Good plan," he answered, standing quickly. He led Mac towards the water, acting for all the world like any married couple on their honeymoon. As they approached the water, Harm spoke softly. "Why would anyone be surveilling us?"

Mac shook her head. "I have no idea. But the minute we get back to the room, we should sweep for bugs."

Harm nodded. "And change rooms, if we can, and check our bags."

Mac waded out in the water, scanning the shoreline for any "suspicious" actions. Finding none, she got an evil idea. With a smile, she leaned back and dunked her hair, giving Harm the impression she was going to float on her back. Instead, she swam behind him and pounced like a cat, hoisting herself on his back, letting inertia knock them both into the water.

"Ahhh!" Harm gurgled as he went down. Holding what little breath he had, Harm spun under the water and grabbed Mac's legs, preventing her from escaping. Popping out of the water, he laughed. "Gotcha, you little sneak!"

While Harm had a pretty good grip on her legs, Mac noted with delight her arms were free as birds. With an evil glint in her eye, she relaxed her arms at her sides for a split second and then placed them swiftly in the water dragging them forward and splashing Harm full in the face.

Harm choked and sputtered. "This means war, Colonel," he said, swimming at her like a shark.

Mac shook her hand at him. "Uh-uh," she said with a grin, "No beating on your wife!" She dove under the water and swam quickly away from him, surfacing a good 30 feet away.

Harm took a deep breath and sank to the bottom. He'd get her, by hook or by crook. He stayed down for a full minute, just waiting for her reaction.

Mac treaded water for a few minutes, watching as Harm disappeared but realizing she could see him through the clear water. Diving under, she swam back to him, reached out and yanked his swimsuit down. She resurfaced, sputtering for her laughter.

Harm took advantage of this, letting his swimsuit slide off and float to the surface. He grinned wickedly.

Mac looked quickly around, relieved that no swimmers were near them. "Harm," she hissed, "This is a public beach--with *families*, for crying out loud."

Harm stood there, naked as a jay bird in the water, and grinning like a hyena. "And?"

Mac's eyes went wide and she gestured impatiently. "We could get *arrested*. And if someone is watching us..." Mac implored, fighting with herself not to look down through the crystal water.

Harm shrugged. "Honestly, Officer, my wife initiated it. Yes, I'll testify."

"*I* initiated it?" Mac said incredulously. After a minute, she grinned and swam closer to him. "Oh, yeah, I 'spose I did."  She wrapped her arms around Harm's neck and her legs around his waist and kissed his neck slowly, teasingly.  Then Mac rested her head against his shoulder lightly, feathering kisses on Harm's collarbone.

Harm tilted his head back and closed his eyes, rocking gently againt Mac.  After a moment, he stopped moving, washed away by the feeling of Mac's head on his shoulder. He craned his neck and kissed her forehead gently. "God, Mac. Do you know how much I love you?"

Opening her eyes and tilting her neck in response, Mac smiled. "Yes. But I'll never get tired of you reminding me."

Harm shook his head. "No, you don't understand. I mean, sometimes, the littlest thing you do just makes me want to cry, I'm so happy," he grinned. "The way you feel, resting on me at night. The way your hand feels in mine. The way I always want to protect you but I don't ever *have* to."

Her ministrations almost forgotten, Mac turned in his embrace and looked at him, treading water. "I love how you want to protect me, but how you realize you don't need to. Not too many men would admit that, Harm."

"Admit it? Hell, I love that about you, Mac!" he chuckled. "I love that you're a Marine, and an ass-kicking one at that."

Mac threw her head back and laughed at him. "Ass-kicking Marine, wife, hopefully soon to be mother...I have it all, thanks to you."

Harm smiled broadly. "No," he murmured, shaking his head. "You gave me everything. You gave me back my life, I'm just returning the favor."

Before Mac had a chance to answer, there was a scattering of rocks from the cliff above them. Hurriedly looking up, Mac saw two shadows dart off from the edge. Looking worriedly at Harm, she said, "I don't think that was a coincidence, Harm."

Harm shook his head, and lowered Mac from his waist into the water. "Go," he muttered sharply. "I'm not taking any chances."

"I'm sorry." Mac said, swimming out of his arms. Swimming further out into the ocean, Mac looked further up at the edge of the cliff. Swimming back to Harm, she motioned for him to follow her back to shore. "Something's going on," she whispered. "And I don't like it."

Harm followed Mac closely, watching her back. "Don't apologize. I'm not about to lose you to some psycho on our honeymoon, Mac."

Saying nothing, Mac hurried to shore, checking through their belongings, looking for any listening devices. Gathering up the bag, she watched with some disdain as Harm helped her. *This is not how I planned to spend our honeymoon*, she thought as they headed back to the room.

As they walked to the hotel, Harm placed a hand on Mac's arm. "Hey, it'll be okay, Mac. We'll work it out and we'll be fine, just like always. Y'hear me?"

Mac looked up at Harm, searching his face and hoping she would be able to draw strength from him. "I know, Harm," she began as they reached their hotel room door, "I just have a really bad feeling about this."

Harm moved his arm to around Mac's waist and held her tightly. "I don't. We're going to be fine. Trust me." They entered the hotel room and silently got to work checking for bugs. Harm waved Mac over to the phone and pointed silently, with a question in his eyes.
Gingerly picking up the phone, Mac listened to the dial tone, waiting for the tell-tale clicks on a tapped phone. Hearing none, she moved to unscrew the mouthpiece and searched for a listening device there. Turning to Harm, she shook her head. "Clean." she mouthed, moving to search the bed area, lamps, and bedside table.

Harm nodded, crawling under the bed. He came out from under the bed, holding a small chip of some kind. He held it up, unsure, then crushed it between the ashtray and the desk just to be safe.

Releasing a shaky breath, Mac found the lamps clean. Moving to the bureaus, she didn't find anything, but found a similar chip to Harm's behind the bureau mirror.

Harm sighed softly, heading for the closet. He found nothing in there, but in inspecting their luggage, he came up with a tiny chip in Mac's carry-on. He crushed it, his back turned, hoping she wouldn't see. Harm knew he didn't have to protect her, but he still tried.

Mac found another chip in one of the light fixtures in the bathroom, but a half hour later, with their entire room in upheaval, that was the last one. Sinking down on the floor at the foot of the bed, Mac released another shaky breath. "What's going on?" she mouthed to Harm, tears filling her eyes.

Harm sat down next to Mac. *Jesus, I hate seeing her cry. She's so strong, it just kills me.* He wrapped his arms around Mac tightly. "I don't know," he whispered, "but I am not going to let them ruin this honeymoon. And you aren't either, got that? We're going to go on like nothing's happened. We're not even going to switch rooms, now that I think about it. Let them try us," Harm whispered, kissing Mac's cheek, certainty in his voice. "We've been through worse, right?"

Mac smiled wearily at him. "Yes. We have." She nearly jumped when the phone rang. Looking at Harm, she asked, "Should we get it?"

Harm put a finger to his lips, motioning for Mac to stay where she was. He stood and walked over to the phone. After the third ring, he took a deep breath and answered it. "Hello?" he said evenly.

"Having a nice honeymoon?" Clayton Webb's voice reverberated through the phone.

Harm chuckled in relief. "Webb," he mouthed to Mac. "Yeah, the sunsets are incredibly, Clay. What's up in DC?" Harm asked casually.

"I want you to know my superiors are not happy at you crushing about half a million dollars worth of new surveillance technology. Although, I do hear you gave my people some stuff to gawk at." Clay said a little too casually.

Harm growled low in his throat. "You son of a fucking bitch. Do you know how worried you had Ma--me? When we get back to DC, I'm going to kill you, Clay, with my own damn hands." Harm's voice shook with anger.

"Aw, hell, Rabb, calm down. I'll explain in good time. You guys got dinner plans?"

"Jesus, you're *here*? How much have you been watching us?" he asked suspiciously.
"Have we had any privacy, or is our love life going to show up on the cover of the Navy Times next week?" His protective instincts were certainly getting a workout. Harm seemed to forget that he and Mac were married now, and allowed to have sex like bunnies on acid. But he *still* didn't like the idea of someone listening to Mac and him when they thought they were alone. It was called *privacy* for a reason.

Clay chuckled. "No, I'm not there. But two of my liaisons are. Listen to me very carefully, Rabb, and don't try anything stupid. In the hotel bar, there's a singer and a bartender. The singer's about 22, 5'8", brown hair, does a lot of Faith Hill. Her name's Terri. The bartender, Ashley, is younger, about 5'2" and blonde hair. I want Mac to go over to Terri and request 'Let Me Let Go' while you go over to Ashley and ask for a pina colada. You got that?"

Harm sighed softly. "Fine. Can I ask *why*?"

"They'll explain it all to you. Don't worry, Rabb. I'll owe you big time for this one. Meet them in twenty minutes, all right? And say hi to Mac for me." And with that, Clayton Webb hung up, a very satisfied look on his face.

Harm sighed softly, turning to Mac. "Okay, Clayton's behind all this garbage. He says he'll 'owe us big time', and I intend to cash in, after what he just put you through." Harm walked over to her and wrapped his arms around Mac's waist. "I'm so sorry, baby." He kissed the top of her head.

Mac smiled, wrapping herself in his embrace. "Well, I intend to prove to Clayton Webb I'm a serious ass-kicking Marine. He'll know first hand, believe me."

Harm smiled wanly. "I know. I'm just mad. Anyway," he said, shaking his head, "Clay says we're to go down to the bar. You go up to the singer and request a Faith Hill song, I think it was "Let Me Let Go", and I have to order a pina colada. Apparently, that will explain *everything*." There was more than a touch of sarcasm in Harm's voice.

Mac kissed him lightly and got up to tidy the room somewhat and get ready for their meeting. "And if it doesn't, well, at least we gave the wire-tapping guys some fun stuff to transcribe."

Harm threw his head back and laughed. He took a deep breath and teased, "How do you spell 'ohgodfuckmeHarmharderohyesrightthere?' "

Picking a pillow up off the floor, Mac stuck her tongue out at him and threw the pillow in his direction. "You're terrible. I never use profanity. You're the horny little bunny of this marriage."

Harm laughed, throwing the pillow back at her. "I may be the horny bunny, but you were the one screaming loud enough to wake the dead last night. And the night before. And the night before. Oh, and I do love that, by the way," he grinned.

"So you've told me, several times." Mac replied, matching his grin. Quickly changing out of her swimsuit, she said, "Come on, we should go scope out the bar before our little 'meeting'. Hopefully Clay doesn't have any more surprises in store for us."
Harm watched her moving around naked for a moment before he managed to drag himself away towards the dresser. "God, I hope not. Or I'll hurt him *before* I kill him."

"Only if you beat me to him." Mac replied, slipping into her running shoes. Adjusting her khakis and pale blue shirt, she turned to Harm. "You ready?"

Harm tugged the tee-shirt over his head and paused to scrutinize Mac. "Yeah. You look amazing," Harm tossed over his shoulder as he opened the door and held it for her.

Mac shook her head and went out in the hallway. "Harm, I could wear a burlap sack and it'd turn you on."

Harm nodded his agreement. "Sounds kinky. Can we try that tonight?"
-----------------
Mac led the way into the very nice bar, which was a dark cherry wood color most of the way around, with white twinkling lights hung from the ceiling. She nudged Harm and pointed to the pianist and singer, who matched Webb's description. "There's Terri." she said quietly, turning her head towards him so no one could see what she was saying.

Harm nodded with an innocent grin, as if she'd said something cute. "I'm thirsty," he said aloud, taking every precaution. "You want something, honey?"

Mac nodded. "Sure, a soda would be great. I'm going to go request a song for us to dance to, okay?"

Harm grinned genuinely. "How'd he know about Faith Hill, I wonder?" he murmured. "Maybe they've been watching us longer than we think." Louder, he said, "All right. Be right back, darlin'."

Mac nodded, heading over to the piano. Getting Terri's attention, she asked quietly, "Can you play 'Let Me Let Go'?"

Harm leaned casually against the bar. "I hear you make a mean pina colada. Could you give me one of those?"

Terri glanced across the room, scanning quickly for the prearranged signal from Ashley.

Ashley, the bartender, looked him up and down as she reached for a glass. Placing it on the countertop, she reached for the rum and said, "Sure." Flipping the bottle behind her back, she looked over at Terri and nodded. As she went about making the drink, Ashley said quietly to Harm, "You see the door right behind where Terri and the piano player are?"

Terri turned to Mac. "Yeah, I can play that," she said. More softly, "Can you see the door behind me?" she asked, pretending to search through her sheet music.

Mac glanced up. "Yes."

Ashley continued to make the drink for Harm. "After Ter plays your wife's song, I want the two of you to leave and look like you're taking a romantic stroll. Meet us out there, and we'll explain everything. And no funny business, understood? These jobs are fronts, but anyone could be watching." Ashley handed Harm his drink. "$3.25, please."

Harm handed over a five dollar bill and nodded almost imperceptibly. "Thanks a million."

"After the song, your husband's going to suggest a nice romantic walk on the beach. Ashley and I will meet you out back and explain everything. Be careful, the walls have ears," Terri cautioned.

Ashley nodded back, smiling. Turning to one of the other bartenders, she said, "Chuck, I'm taking a smoke break." She left the bar area and passed by Terri and Mac, nodding with a smile.

Terri smiled back. "Hey, Ash, save me a cig, willya?" she said as the bartender passed. "I'm taking a break after this last song."

Ashley nodded with a smile. "Sure thing, Ter."

Mac nodded at Terri's instructions. Turning, she sat down at a table, waiting for Harm to join her.

Harm sat down with his drink, and wrapped his arm around Mac's shoulders. "I'm going to get Clayton Webb."

Leaning in his embrace, Mac said quietly, "Should we call the Admiral?"

Harm shook his head slowly. "Nah, no need to worry him yet. We can take care of ourselves, right?"

Mac nodded as the song began. "Yes, we can. But Harm, the first sign of trouble, we call, okay?"

Harm smiled, squeezing Mac warmly. "Yes, ma'am."

Terri nodded to her backup, who began to play. She sang softly, her mind turning and thinking as she voiced the lyrics from memory. "I thought it was over, baby, we said our good-byes, but I can't go a day without your face going through my mind. In fact not a single minute passes without you in it, your voice, your touch, memories of your love are with me all of the time. Let me let go, baby. Let me let go."

Harm glanced at Mac. If anything came of this...if she got hurt...god help him, just the thought of anything happening to her sent chills down his spine. But, then, it had always been that way with Mac. She was the one he couldn't afford to lose.

"If this is for the best, why are you still in my heart, are you still in my soul? Let me let go." Terri finished singing and bowed to the smattering of applause. "I'll be back in ten minutes, folks, meanwhile, enjoy the stylings of my pianist here, Mr. John James." She wrapped up her mike and headed outside to meet Ashley.

Harm took Mac's hand and stood. "Let's go for a walk, sweetie," he suggested, taking one last sip of his pina colada. He led Mac out to the back patio and they stepped off into the sand, heading towards the water slowly.

Terri poked Ashley gently in the ribs. "There they are," she murmured.

Ashley slowly turned around, her trained eyes and ears searching for any sign of trouble. Nodding to Terri, she said, "We're clear. Let's get this over with."

Mac walked slowly with Harm over in the girls' general direction. "Here we go," she said to herself.

Terri followed Ashley's lead and joined the little threesome, her toes sifting through the cool sand. She glanced up at the moon. "How much did he tell you?" she asked Harm, not looking at him.

Before Harm had a chance to answer, Ashley interjected. "Clay didn't tell them much, Ter." Looking at Harm and Mac, she held out her hand. "Ashley DiMattia, Central Intelligence. This is Terri Masden, my partner. We're sorry to have interrupted your honeymoon, but there's a matter of the utmost importance we need you to attend to."

Before she had a chance to continue, there was a rustling in the bushes behind them, and Ashley was up, weapon drawn in a heartbeat.

"Don't shoot, Ash! It's just me!"

Harm turned to face the bushes as quickly as Ashley, placing himself squarely between them and Mac. "More friends?" He looked to Ashley for an explanation.

Terri stood off to one side, weapon drawn, not making a sound.

Sighing, Ashley holstered her weapon and nodded. "Leslie!" she said, frustrated. "Get out here, you dolt."

A smallish figure, about 5'5", with shoulder length red hair, emerged from the bushes.

Smiling, she said to Terri, "You wouldn't shoot an unarmed FBI agent, wouldja, coppah?"

Terri blinked once, holstering her sidearm. "Don't piss me off again, or I'll think about it," she deadpanned.

Harm watched her closely. "FBI, CIA, and JAG. What's next, the DOD or the NSA?"

Leslie grinned. "Nah, the NSA boys aren't as fun as we are." Plopping down next to Ashley, she said, "I'm Special Agent Leslie Shannon. You two interested in working an international serial murder case?"

THE END