1) Who so ever puts his feet on SHIRDI soil, his sufferings would come to an end.
2) The wretched and miserable would rise into plenty of joy and happiness, as soon as they climb the steps of DWARAKAMAI.
3) I shall be ever active and vigorous even after leaving this earthly body.
4) My tomb shall bless and look to the needs of my devotees.
5) I shall be active and vigorous even from the tomb.
6) My mortal remains would speak from the tomb.
7) I am ever living , to help and guide all who come to me, who surrender to me and who seek refuge in me.
8) If you look to me, I look to you.
9) If you cast your burden on ME, I shall surely bear it.
10) If you seek my advice and help, it shall be given to you at once.
11) There shall be no want in the house of my devotees.
SAI BHAKTA SIROMANI M.B.NIMBALKAR'S WORDS TO SAI BA.NI.SA GOPALA RAO FOR SAI'S GRACE AND BENEFIT OF ALL
NINE REASONS WHY ONE SHOULD WORSHIP SAI BABA OF SHIRDI
1) First and foremost becuase, in the words of Hemadripant the author of Shri Sai Satcharita, He has taken a vow to give you what you want.
2) And that too immediately "cash down". You ask with sincere devotion (shradhha) and patience (Saboori) and there is the result.
3) He is so easily pleased. No hard penance, no unbearable fasts, not even difficult concentration and control of senses. In his own words, "You look to ME and I look to you". Can there be anything simpler than this?
4) He has left His mortal body 80 years ago and even today thousands of devotees have experienced His presence, having met their demands. What more guarantee is required?
5) No money is required to worship Baba. He is pleased even with flowers, fruits, leaves or even water devotionally offered. You do not have to spend for travelling upto Shirdi also, He is available even from where you are 'even beyond seven seas'.
6) Ashes (Udi) from the fire burning eternally in His Dwarkamai is the cheapest and most infallible medicine of all deseases. The cost is only two paisa-faith and patience.
7) His life-history written by Hemadpant contains all the wisdom of Vedas,Upanishadas and Geeta in the form of simple stories and anecdotes. Reading them alone and following the advice therein, one can reach the goal of liberation without fail.
8) Repetition of His name 'SAI' is so short, so sweet and so easy to pronounce No twisting of tongue and no difficult accents.
9) Last but not the least, He, on fulfilling your demands in this world, ensures that you do not get caught in the dangerous network of this' Sansar'. Slowly He moulds you, guides you and takes you step by step to libration (Moksha) which is the key to eternal and everlasting bliss.
"Bow to Shri Sai and Peace Be to all"
QUESTION AND ANSWER SESSION BYSAIBANISA
These are a series of questions from devotees partaking in 'SATSANGHS' and answers as given by SAIBANISA Sri.Ravad Gopala Rao, compiled and collected by him. This feature is introduced for the spiritual Enlightenment of the People is visiting these sites. SAIBANISA would be glad to answer your questions on 'SAI AND HIS LIFE' you may e-mail your questions to the address:
A) I am the bonded slave of my master.
A) His life mission to guide and put people on the path of righteousness.
3) Who were the mentor and Guru for Sai on spiritual matters?
A) His fater 'BRAHMA' (the Creator) and mother 'MAYA' (Illusion) are his Gurus.
4) In these days when many saints are fluently lecturing on Vedas and Upanishads what makes it appropriate to address Sai as YOGI RAJ?
A) All the learned saints and people fluent in VEDAS and SHASTRAS are comparable to flowing rivers with sweet water. Even they have to ultimately join the sea. SAI is like an ocean and hence is aptly addressed as 'YOGI RAJ'.
5) Why should we bow down to Sai?
A) We would not like to lose our precious possessions.
6) It is normal practice adopted by saints to undertake 'TAPASYA' (PENANCE) in forests and caves. What is the reason behind Sai spending nearly 60 years of his life span in Shirdi alone?
A) Living amidst people and working for their betterment was foremost thought in his mind and so he spent his major part of his lifetime in 'DWARAKAMAI'.
7) Sai lived as a common man, how come he could overcome hunger, sleep and desire?
A) A person who could establish control over the can be none other than GOD himself.
8) Sai exhibited many facets - an angry man, peaceful at times, as a small child, resorting to alms and a great physician too at different times in varied contexts. What was his idea behind all this?
A) He wanted to live as a normal human being while in the company of people.
9) Why is that sinners have always felt that their sins are washed away as soon as they had the gaze off Sai?
A) There are people to believe that they could drink the nectar from the Moon light on Ashad Poornima Day. Peole had faith that their sins will disappear as soon as the compassionate looks of Sai are cast on them.
10) Did Sai accept the sins of his devotees?
A) No. He only helped them in reducing the intensity of the karmic deeds.
11) According to Sai's philosophy who searches whom? (Between GURU and SISHYA)
A) Guru searches for his Sishya.
12) What did Sai expect from his devotees?
A) FAITH and PATIENCE are the two qualities he expected from his devotees.
13) Can you call all those lakhs of people flocking to Shirdi as his devotees?
A) Mango tree flowers abundantly during the season. Only a few of them manage to survive, sustain and to finally reach the stage of fructification.
14) How did Sai respond to his true devotees?
A) Sri Sai has gone down to his devotees and blessed them in person in some Form or other.
15) Some devotees are seen to Kiss Sai's idol. It is due to their madness?
A) This action cannot be termed as madness. It is due to their deep love and sense of attachment for him.
16) Some people view Sai's idol as God and some as any other normal idol. Why is it so?
A) Quite a few people desire Roses to be offered to the Lotus feet of the Lord, Whereas some wants it to be presented to women in their life. It is their style of thinking that makes all the difference.
17) Why do some people cry at the feet of Sai?
18) Some people might not have visited Shirdi even once, still they claim to be his devotees. Do they fall under the category of real devotees?
A) Some unfortunate people might not have had chance to see their fathers. Are they Fatherless?
A) Just as you feel happy to buy presents to your near and dear one for an occasion.
20)It is common sight to see devotees prostrating before Sai, what would they do in Case Sai suddenly appears before them?
A) Sapatnekar’s Wife got brightened and ran away from him when he gave her the Opportunity of seeing him in a dream. Precisely so, Sai gives appears to his Devotees in different forms as Sai himself has said that he is Formless.
21) Shri Sai allowed worshiping of his feet in Dwarakamai, is it not
A) Sai preached equality and considered that there is no difference between a Guru and his disciple. He reciprocated by serving those who served him.
22)What is his advice on different types of worship?
A) Devotion and worship are important not how and on whom.
23)Today Sai is appearing in dreams and talking to devotees in their languages. Was Sai knowing so many languages?
A)Sai in those days was conversing with his devotees only in Marathi language. Today Sai is understanding their inner feelings and accordingly guiding them. Sai Has nothing to do with the language of a devotee and has no barriers of what so Ever.
24)People discontinue worshiping Sai after some time. What could be the reason?
25)Sai has accepted dakshina (charity) even from corrupt persons. Is it not
Against established norms?
A) Sai is known to have accepted the charity as well as the responsibility of bearing On himself the karma of those deeds for refining an individual.
26)Did Sai show his devotees Para Brahma (The Supreme)?
A) Sai has always given them the site of their favorite deity. However, people who Recognized him as Para Brahma are the luckiest and more blessed.
27)Did Sai encourage Sanyasa Ashram (renouncement) for spiritual
A) Majority of Sai’s devotees were practicing Gruhasthashrama except Bapu Sahib Jog whom he allowed to renounce after his wife’s death.
sin in his view?
A) Killing of animals either for self defense or for consumption uttering the name of the Lord is not a sin.
29)According to the belief of KARMA one has to under go the ordeals as destined. Then what is the contribution of Sai for our benefit?
A)It is just as a nursing mother observing certain self imposed restrictions for the Well being of the child. Sai has taken over some of the pain and miseries on to Him and himself underwent suffering for the sake of his devotees.
30)Is it proper and justified for one to opt the path of spiritualism along with
the Gruhasthashrama? Can his family members get the due justice?
A) Lotus flower has its origin to the mud from which it grows and finally adorns the feet of the Lord. In the same way one has to pass through the normal rituals of life and ultimately aim to reach the God.
31)It is said that progress in spiritualism is possible only under the regular guidance and instructions of Guru. Was it the case with Sai also?
A) Shirdi Sai Baba was monitoring the progress of his devotees even from a distance.For example as it happened with Balram Mankar who was specifically sent by him to a remote place Maschindra Garh.
32)Is it possible to traverse on the path of spiritualism without the guidance
A)The guidance of an able Guru is essential for smooth passage through thick and thin As quoted by him in the 32nd chapter of SRI SAI SATCHARITRA.
33)Did Sai exhibit miracles in front of his devotees to show his greatness?
A)Sai never did so but occasionally he has shown miracles for the devotee’s welfare.
34)What did Sai say on the people performing miracles?
A)Sai put a check on such people as he did in case of Kushabhavu by stopping him and advising to go through regular reading of Guru Charitra.
35)Elders say that one has to undergo the results of his own karmic deeds. On the Contrary why did Sai Baba accept ill effects his devotee’s karmic deeds on to himself?
A)Sai was at times like a divine mother who could not see his children suffering and So he prayed, accepted the results of their karmic deeds and freed them in return.
36)How did Sai cure his devotee’s bodily sufferings?
A) Sai administered medicines of his own and where not effective, he cured by 'Yoga Shakti’.
37)Sai always gave ash to his devotees and see them off. What is its significance?
A)Whatever is seen in this universe will one day turn into ash. He advocated never to Forget this reality and there by cultivate the habit to chant the Lord’s name always.
38)Why did Sai prefer to appear in dreams and correct his devotees rather
than in person?
A) He preferred not to create a panicky situation by his presence and so he appeared in their dreams and suitably advised them.
39)In those days also there were people to criticize him from behind. Did
he ever punish them?
A) There are many references to such characters in Sai Satcharitra and Sai removed their ignorance and helped them to grow spiritually.
40)Why inter caste and inter religious unions did not take place even
though all People were living under the care of Sai?
A) Sai encouraged his devotees to follow one’s own religious practices and advocated Mutual respect for one another as a human beings. He loved all equally.