DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES
- Constables are both appointed and/or elected.
- Constables carry court orders from the minor court offices.
- Constables are available to assist the needs of the office
of the county sheriff and local police departments.
- Constables post delinquent tax notices and other service for
the county commissioners.
- Constables carry specimens for the county coroners.
- Constables transport defendants and prisoners to and from
the county prison and the offices of the minor courts.
**Constables duties and responsibilities vary from state to state.