PHOTO DIAGRAMS OF A HUMMING BIRD
1. Use a sheet of square paper, 19 cm x 19 cm. Fold the both bottom
edges with the width of 2 cm.
Inside reverse-fold the right and left loose corner flaps as shown below.
2. With the given creases, fold the paper into a preliminary fold.
3. Petal-fold the top flap of the preliminary fold.
4. Valley-fold the bottom triangular flaps up.
5. Rabbit-ear both the triangular flaps.
6. Stretch out the loose flaps as far as they can go as shown below.
Do it carefully.
7. Now fold back the edges with mountain folds into a triangular flap to form the tail part.
8. Pleat-fold the top triangular flap to form the neck and head parts.
9. Turn the model over.
10. Mountain-fold the left and right edges. Unfold.
11. Pleat-fold the tail part.
12. Here comes the difficult part. But with practice, you can manage it. Narrow the tail part with the given creases.
13. Valley-fold the middle small triagualr flap down.
14. Fold the model into half with a mountain fold. Place it horizontally
as shown below.
15. Fold back the right edge of the wing. Swing the wing up with a valley fold. Repeat behind.
16. Crimp the neck part to form the head part and crimp the tail part
17. Crimp the head part to form the head and the long beak. Crimp the leg. Repeat behind.
18. Narrow the beak and the legs with mountain folds. Shorten the tail
with a mountain. Shape lthe body and
the part between the tail and the back. Then outside reverse-fold the tips of the legs to form
19. The loose and wanted tail part is properly so that it won't drop
down. See the diagram of the tail.
20 The Completed Humming Bird.
Back To Photo Diagrams