How To Fold An Ostrich
1. Use a sheet of square paper and the make it into a preliminary base.Making
a petal fold, lift the bottom corner
as far as it will go.
2. Swing down the top corner with a valley fold. Then turn it over.
3. To make another petal fold, lift the bottom upwards.
4. Squash both the triangular flaps to make the leg parts.
5. Narrow both the squashed folds with valley folds.
6. Fold the model into half with a valley fold. Then place it in a horizontal position as shown below.
7. Outside reverse-fold both the left and right triangular flaps to form the tail and head parts.
8. Outside reverse-fold the left triangular flap to form the tail.
9. Stretch out the loose paper from the left triangular flap as shown below.
10. Crimp the tail part from left to right.
11. In order to narrow the neck, sink it with a valley fold.
12. Outside reverse-fold the top part of the neck to form the head part.
13. Stretch out the loose ends of the paper from inside to broaden the head part as shown below.
14.Crimp the head part to form the beak. Narrow the left side of the
neck. Life up the wing part. Finally, crimp both the legs
and outside reverse-fold the tips of the legs.
15. The Completed Ostrich
Back to Photo-Diagram Page