|Before you submit an application to the ring queue, make certain the following criteria is strictly met.
1. Several types of sites may apply...
- Ezines or other writing sites that publish/post historical fiction on a regular/semi-regular basis.
- Publishing companies (either print or electronic) that publish historical fiction.
- Sites that offer book reviews, as long as books of historical fiction are included.
As you will have guessed by now, the keywords, here, are historical fiction—all other sites need not apply.
2. The site can not be a links-only site. In other words, the fiction has to outweigh the links.
3. The site must be updated on a regular basis. What do I mean by regular? From my standpoint, I would hope that something new will be added at least every few months.
4. A word regarding adult-oriented material—although this ring is not geared to children or young adults, sites that feature out-and-out pornography or vulgarity will not be accepted. I dont care if the female character is (or should that be was) wearing a hoopskirt. Just keep in mind...there is a fine line between scintillating love scenes and X-rated porn. The former is acceptable—the latter is not.
5. Webmasters who are accepted into the ring must not participate in any form of spamming to other sites in the ring.
6. No pay-to-read sites will be considered. If a visitor must whip out a credit card to enter your site or finish reading a story, the site is automatically disqualified. Additionally, sites that solicit payment from authors to publish or post their stories should not only be ashamed of themselves, but will be immediately cast into the garbage pile. Take your business elsewhere.
7. The rings logo/HTML coding must reside either on your introductory page or a page that is easy to locate (a page dedicated to webrings, and clearly marked.)
8. Any site that begins with Welkom to my riting home paige will be disregarded. Spelling counts—make certain you follow this rule.
So, do you feel your page passes the test? Then click on the Webring Application button below and become a part of the only ring dedicated to Historical Fiction.