This course covers the fundamentals of shielded metal arc welding (SMAW), focusing on power sources, electrode selection, oxy-acetylene cutting, and various joint designs and welding positions.
1. Demonstrate knowledge of SMAW equipment and procedures.
2. Identify safety measures for setting up and operating equipment.
3. Demonstrate competency in electrode selection for specific jobs.
4. Practical applications: perform SMAW welding operations.
1. Class Lectures
2. Instructor Demonstrations
3. Lab/Shop Exercises
1. Three Exams
2. Three Lab Projects (Practical Applications)
3. Three Lab Reports