1. Explore the following site:
Explorers: Age of Encounter - Google Earth
2. Study the voyages and research and read about the early empires the explorers discovered.
3. Print off the following map and use a different colour on
draw on the map the different voyages of discovery.
4. Shade the map with different colours, to indicate where the different early empires were located.
5. Complete the key, and also neatly label the countries and capitals. Then paste the map in your book.
6. a) Print this picture off and paste
it in your book.
b) Explain in your own words, how the early
mariners used this instrument to navigate across the oceans.
8. Extension: Historic Fiction. (One page / three