SPELLS & SWORDS STUFF 3
HERBALISM AND MYCOLOGY
A great number of Plants and Mushrooms have Medicinal or Physiological Properties.
When Found roll on the Medicinal Table to see what use a particular specimen has.
These can be applied as Salves, Teas, Pastes, Chewed, etc. These must be found
growing wild. Some gifted gardeners can grow these in special Groves and
HERBAL/FUNGAL MEDICINAL TABLE
1 Spell Component
2 Alchemical Component
3 Dye or Ink Component
4 Stimulant (Negate Weakness, Fatigue)
5 Healing (Remove 1D6 Wound Counters)
6 Activating (Negate Unconsciousness, Sleep)
7 Poison (Mild)
8 Poison (Moderate)
9 Poison (Strong)
10 Antidote (Negate Poison)
11 Cure (Negate Disease)
12 Anti-Emetic (Negate Nausea, Vomiting)
13 Hallucinogenic (Produce Visions)
14 Sedating (Produce Sleep)
15 Paralyzation (Cause or Negate)
16 Increase Strength (Strength +2)
18 Cure Ailments (Digestive, Respiratory, Blood, etc.)
19 Breathe Water
21 Seed (Grow Instant Treant) or Spore (Instant Fungus Monster)
22 Increase Speed (Like Haste Spell)
23 Increase Alertness (Alertness +4)
26 Cold Resistance
27 Telepathic Powers (Like Spell)
29 Partial Transformation (Wings, Tail, Claws, etc.)
31 Remove all Fatigue
32 Wolfsbane: Repel Wolves
33 Garlic: Repel Vampires
34 Stop Bleeding
35 Remove Hurt condition
36 Enhance Sight
37 Enhance Hearing
38 Enhance sense of Smell
39 See, Talk to Spirits
40 Remove Scars, Burns
HALFLING PIPEWEED TABLE
1 Calming (For 1D2 Hours)
2 Increase Speed (Like Haste Spell for 1 Combat)
3 Increase Alertness (Alertness +4 for 1D2 Hours)
4 Laughing (For 3D20 Minutes. Also produces Hunger)
5 Hallucinogenic (Produce Visions for 1D3 Hours)
6 Increase Strength (Strength +2 for 1 Combat)
Most Poisons start working in 1D6 Rounds.
Poisons remain in the system 1D3 Days.
Individuals that survive Lethal Poisons get the Sick Penalty.
LIST OF POISON EFFECTS
1D10 Poison Effect: Notes:
1. Paralysis Immobilized
2. Lethal Weak Save vs Death at a +2 Bonus
3. Lethal Moderate Save vs Death
4. Lethal Strong Save vs Death at a -2 Penalty
5. Lethal Potent Save vs Death at a -4 Penalty
6. Unhealing Wound From Coated Weapon. Wound Markers remain
7. Weakness Strength, Toughness, and Move -2
8. Hallucinations Confusion Penalty
9. Blood Poison Roll 1D3 times on the Disease Table
10. Sleep 1D6 Hours.
These include anything an Alchemist, Sorcerer or Witch might Make or Have.
Not all are strictly Potions. There are also Salves, Oils, Powders, etc.
They take a 1D4 weeks or more to Make. Some of the ingredients are very hard to find.
1D30 Item: Notes:
1. Potion of Healing Heal all Wounds
2. Potion of Giant Strength Strength +5 for 1 Combat
3. Elixir of Longevity Increase Lifespan by 10%
4. Fairy Dust 1D6 Uses. Fly. Medium Speed for 1 Hour
5. Acid Vial 1D6 Vials. Damage +2 (Splash 1D2 Adj Targets)
6. Restoration Salve 1D3 Uses. Regrow Lost Limb
7. Love Potion Love at First Sight
8. Polymorph Juice Potion Form taken per GM
9. Potion of Water Breathing Lasts 2D6 Hours
10. Oil of Slipperiness Covers Floor. Save or Fall Down
11. Potion of Speed One Combat. Double Speed & Attacks
12. Magic Mead Same as Vision Spell. See Truth.
13. Stoneskin Cream 1D3 Uses. Same as Stoneskin Spell
14. Blinding Powder 1D4 Uses. Short Range. Foe Blinded 2D6 Rounds
15. Potion of Stone to Flesh Reverse Petrification
16. Potion of Dilution Pour on Slime. It must Save or Die
17. Pesticide Spray Spray on Insect(s) They must Save or Die
18. Potion of Invisibility Stealth +5 for 1 Combat or 2 Hours
19. Flask of Fire Water Save vs Fire +8 for 1 Combat or 15 minutes
20. Can of Cold Brew Save vs Cold +8 for 1 Combat or 15 minutes
21. Potion of Invulnerability Defense +5
22. Potion of Gaseous Form Good for infiltrations and escapes
23. Potion of Growth Giant Size. Strength +4 and Toughness +3
24. Potion of Shrinking Tiny Size.
25. Potion of Heroism Get +3 to all Rolls for 1 Combat
26. Antidote Serum Negate Poison
27. Wine of Slumber Those who partake will fall asleep in 1D6 Minutes
28. Potion of Telepathy Like the Spell
29. Cursed Fruit Those who take a Bite are Cursed
30. Lightning in a Bottle Medium Range. Damage +5 to 1D3 Adj Foes)
Rune Stones are Single Use. When used they Shatter. They take a week to Make.
They are usually Smooth Stones of a size that fits comfortably in the Hand.
The way they are used varies: Some function exactly like Spells.
Some are used as Thrown Weapons. They affect 1D6 Adj Foes next to where they Land.
You can think of them as Bombs or Grenades. Short Range.
Some can be used as Traps. These are Proximity Traps that go off when someone gets
within HTH Range. They affect 1D6 Adj Foes. They will not go off on the Spell Caster.
Trap Runes can be carved into much Larger Standing Stones or Stone Walls.
LIST OF RUNE STONES
1. Healing Rune (Like Heal Spell)
2. Energy Rune (Thrown or Trap. Explodes for Damage +3 and Stun)
3. Fire Rune (Thrown or Trap. Damage +2 and Burn)
4. Ice Rune (Thrown or Trap. Explodes for Damage +3 and Chill)
5. Lightning Rune (Thrown or Trap. Explodes for Damage +3 and Shock)
6. Light Rune (Like Light or Flash Spell)
7. Fear Rune (Like Fear Spell)
8. Teleport Rune (Like Teleport Spell)
9. Shield Rune (Like Shield Spell)
10. Counter Spell Rune (Like Counter Spell)
The Create Fetish Spell is a starting Spell of the Shaman Class.
This Spell produces Primitive Magic Items that often deteriorate over time or use.
Fragile Items can be used 10 times before they become defunct.
Delicate Items last 3 Months before they lose their Powers.
Many Fetishes can be made in a day, others may require weeks to carve.
Some require particular components: The Voodoo Doll is custom made for its
Victim and requires Hair, Skin, or Body Fluids from the Target to make.
LIST OF FETISHES
1. Voodoo Doll (Long Range. Save or Damage +1 to specific Target) Fragile
2. Stone Idol (Becomes Stone Golem for 1 Combat) Fragile
3. Guardian Totem (Becomes Wood Golem for 1 Combat) Fragile
4. Medicine Bag (Gain 1 Power Point per Day) Delicate
5. Divination Bones (Like Spell. Once per Day) Fragile
6. Poison Pot (2D6 Doses of Poison. Coat Weapons)
7. Astral Root (1D4 Doses. Like Astral Travel Spell)
8. Frog Fetish (Single use. Medium Range. Target Becomes Frog. Permanent)
9. Bad JuJu (Single use. Like the Raise Dead Spell)
10. Wolf Mask (Wearer becomes a wolf for as long as they want) Fragile
11. Peace Pipe (Like Calm Spell. Once per Day) Fragile
12. Feathered Cape (Like Fly Spell. Up to 3x/Day) Fragile
13. Shrunken Head (Answers 1 Question per Day) Fragile
14. Mummified Bear Claws (Strength +1) Delicate
15. Spirit Root (2D3 Doses. See Invisible or Spirits for 1 Hour)
16. Monkey Paw (Taunt +5) Delicate
17. Coup Stick (Tactics +1) Delicate
18. Snake Moccasins (Stealth +5) Delicate
19. Dream Catcher (Single Use. Cure Madness or Posession)
20. Turtle Charm (Defense +1) Delicate
MAGIC BEER LIST
These are the products of Dwarven Brewmasters.
1 Drink = 1 Dose.
Small Keg = 10 Doses, Large Keg = 20 doses, Barrel = 40 Doses
It takes a Week to Brew a Batch of Magic Beer.
A Brewmaster in Town with lots of Equipment can brew up to 5 Batches at a time.
DWARVEN MAGIC BEER MENU
1. Berserkers Brew (Berserker for 3 Hours. 1 Batch = 1 Barrel)
2. Mages Mead (Gain 1 Power Point. 1 Batch = 1 Small Keg)
3. Fire Breathing Brew (Short Range. Fire. Attack +1. Burn. 1 Attack per Drink. 1 Small Keg)
4. Liquid Courage (Get +1 to all Rolls for 2 Hours. 1 Batch = 1 Large Keg)
5. Revival Ale (Like Resurrection Spell. 1 Batch = 1D2 Drinks)
6. Dwarven Stout (Strength and Toughness +2 for 1 Hour. 1 Batch = 1 Small Keg)
These are items Fabricated by Inventors, Alchemists, and Artificers.
Bombs are created by a variety of means. Any of the following combination of
Skills and Spells may have been employed: Gun Powder, Invention Skill,
Potion Brewing, Alchemy, Create Magic Item, and Technology Skill.
Those on the List are considered to be Grenade Size and can be
Thrown out to Medium Range where they will affect 1D6 Adj Foes next to
the point of Detonation. Larger Bombs must be launched by
Catapults or be placed and then Remotely Detonated. Remote Activation is
Accomplished by Fuses, Being Struck by a Fire type Attack (Flaming Arrow),
Wires attached to Plungers, or lighting Trails of Gunpowder. Larger Bombs
will affect up to 2D6 Adj Foes. A Small Keg Size Bomb will do
Damage +1, A Large Keg Damage +2, A Barrel Damage +3, Anything Bigger
Will do Damage +4 and affect 4D6 Adj Foes. Character must Save to
Avoid Damage. They take 2D4 Days to Make.
1D12 Type: Notes:
1. Explosive Damage +1 (Gun Powder)
2. Smoke No Damage. Provides Cover. Colors for Signaling (Alchemy)
3. Concussion No Damage. Save or be Knocked Out or Stunned (Technology)
4. Incendiary Fire Damage. Burn (Alchemy)
5. Crawling Has Tiny legs. Will Scuttle towards the Target (Invention)
6. Glider When Thrown Wings Open up. Triple Range. (Invention)
7. Shrapnel Saves vs Shrapnel are at -2. (Gun Powder)
8. Stink Bomb No Damage. Save at -2 or be Nauseated (Alchemy)
9. Vortex Bomb Save or Get sucked into the Void. Instant Death (Magic Item)
10. Nude Bomb No Damage. Lose everything you are Wearing (Magic Item)
11. Poison Gas Lingers for 2D4 Turns. Fills Small Room (Potion Spell)
12. Gas Grenade Potion Like Effect. Fills Small Room (Potion Spell)
Spells and Swords Chapter Links SPELLS AND SWORDS CHAPTER LINKS