- " At moments of great enthusiasm it seems to me that no one
in the world has ever made something this beautiful and important."
- " I am always wandering around in enigmas. There are young
people who constantly come to tell me: you, too, are making Op Art. I
haven't the slightest idea what that is, Op Art. I've been doing this
work for thirty years now."
- " I don't grow up. In me is the small child of my early
- " I play a tiresome game."
- " I walk around in mysteries. Each time, youngsters say:
you make Op-art too. I don't know what that is, Op-art. This work I
have been making for the past thirty years."
- " The things I want to express are so beautiful and pure."
- " So let us then try to climb the mountain, not by stepping
on what is below us, but to pull us up at what is above us, for my part
at the stars; amen."