108 O'Hara Lane, Pineville Louisiana 71360
CONDITIONAL SALES CONTRACT AND GUARANTEE SHOW QUALITY AKITA
AKC REGISTRATION NUMBER______________________________
The following agreement is between Michael Broman, hereafter referred to as “Seller” and __________________________________________________________, hereafter referred to as “Purchaser”. In consideration of a purchase price of _________________dollars ($), the Seller transfers to Purchaser, in fee simple rights, privileges and responsibilities associated with the ownership of the above described dog as specified in the following, as of the date specified below.
This dog is being sold as a show and/or breeding animal. As such, it is guaranteed in the following ways.
1. The dog is guaranteed to be healthy for a period of seven days following taking of possession of the dog.
2. The dog is guaranteed to be free of any hereditary, breed disqualifying, or congenital defects, which would prevent it from being a show/breeding dog.
3. The dog is guaranteed to OFA certify with a rating of at least FAIR at two years of age, hips, patellas, and elbows .
4. The dog is guaranteed to be of sufficient quality to win in AKC conformation shows if properly trained and presented. This may require the services of a professional handler.
5. A dog with an unacceptable temperament to the breeder will be replaced.
6. The guarantee is good until the dog is 26 months of age.
7. Dogs over 2 years old are sold “as is”.
8. If the dog is unsuitable as a show or breeding animal in accordance with the above terms, it will be replaced with one of equal quality provided it is returned to the seller at the buyers expense. Purchaser will receive credit for full purchase price towards a puppy from a future litter. Any difference in price between original purchase price and selling price of this puppy is the responsibility of the Purchaser. Any other arrangements must be approved by the seller. NO CASH REFUNDS will be issued.
9. In the event that the dog’s condition necessitates euthanasia, permission for this must be obtained from the seller.
10. The seller may require substantiating proof from a qualified individual (such as a licensed veterinarian) as to the condition, quality or temperament of the dog if it is to be replaced by the terms of this guarantee. Seller may also seek a second opinion by a qualified individual.
11. Breeder will NOT guarantee hips, elbows, or patellas on any dog that lives on ceramic tile or "Pergo" type floors due to the detrimental nature these slippery surfaces can have on any canine's joints.
The buyer of the previously described dog agrees to abide by the following terms:
1. Have the dog examined by a licensed veterinarian within 72 hours of taking possession, otherwise the buyer assumes all responsibility for any illness.
2. Feed the dog in accordance with the directions provided by the seller or seller cannot be held liable for dog's health. Failure to feed as directed can result in any warrantees being voided either expressed or implied.
3. Take the dog to a licensed veterinarian for yearly health checks, a parasite prevention program and yearly vaccinations.
4. Provide a clean, safe environment with plenty of shade and access to water, where the dog will not be subject to teasing or abuse.
5. The dog will not be allowed to run at large at any time.
6. The seller will not liable for any damage or injury caused by this dog.
7. If the dog is a male the seller is entitled to breed any bitches owned or co-owned by the seller to this dog at no cost. This is for the duration of the dog’s life.
8. The dog or any of it’s offspring will not be sold, leased, consigned or given to any pet shop, chain store, dog dealer, commercial breeding kennel or “puppy mill” for resale, breeding or any other purposes. If this stipulation is not complied with, seller WILL SEEK VIGOROUS legal prosecution TO THE FULLEST EXTENT OF THE LAW!
9. The dog will be OFA certified, thyroid tested and CERF certified before it is bred.
10. The dog will be bred only to an OFA and CERF certified individuals of good quality and temperament.
11. The registered name of the dog shall begin with the word “MIKIROS”.
12. If the dog is being sold on a co-ownership, the co-ownership document is part of this agreement and terms.
13. In the event the buyer is unable to keep this dog for any reason, seller retains right of first refusal and will always take said dog back at anytime for any reason, said dog MAY NOT be turned into any animal shelter or rescue center. At the seller's option we may assist in placing said dog in a suitable new home.
14. In the event that the terms of this agreement are not complied with, the seller is entitled to $2500 in damages and the return of the dog plus any legal fees and costs associated with the enforcement of this agreement.
I agree to the Terms described herein (Purchaser Signature)