Fill out the correct preposition (by Nico Wiersema):
1) I hadn't seen her in ages, but all of a sudden I ran ______ her at the supermarket.
2) He fell from his bike and lost consciousness. Fortunately a few buckets of water made him come ______.
3) Give ____! You can't win anyway.
4) I have to go to my mechanic, because my car broke ______ yesterday.
5) He thinks he's Napoleon, but he really doesn't look _______ him at all.
6) Why don't you come ________ next Friday? You haven't visited us for along time.
7) The fire was terrible. The house burned _______ completely.
8) We have to find a gasoline station fast: we have almost run ________ gasoline.
9) On trainstations you should look _________ pickpockets.
10) I can't find my calculator. I've been looking _____ it all day!
Join the forum and tell us about your experiences learning/
Back to main page.
Click here to see the answers.
Back to Espanglishtips Page 2