AlaTurkay Puppy Application
ALATURKAY PUPPY APPLICATION FORM
NOTE: We DO NOT SHIP ... if you are not willing to come pick up your puppy in person, please do not apply for one.
Please cut and paste the entire form into your email, answer all questions, and then email to me at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will review your application and get back to you as soon as possible.
Spouse Cell Ph:
Male or Female pup?
Will be used for:
[__]Livestock Guardian/Family Companion (spay/neuter contract)
[__]Family Companion (spay/neuter contract)
[__]Livestock Guardian/Family Companion (Breeding/Show)
[__]Family Companion (Breeding/Show)
If "OTHER", please specify:
1. You have expressed an interest in acquiring an Anatolian Shepherd Dog. Please tell me why you think this is the right dog for you:
2. Have you ever owned or do you now own an Anatolian Shepherd Dog? If not, do you now or have you ever owned any large working breed of dog? What other breeds of dogs do you currently have? Males? Females? Intact? Ages?
3. How do you plan to contain this dog when you are at home; when you are away from home? Do you have secure fencing with a gate that locks? How much total acreage is securely fenced?
4. Will you be able to pick up your puppy when it is between 8 and 9 weeks of age? Please be aware that any pup not picked up by 9 weeks of age will accrue a boarding fee of $10 per day. Any puppy that will be left with us past 9 weeks of age requires a non-refundable payment of half the balance due when the pup turns 8 weeks of age.
5. If used for working, what livestock/fowl will this dog be living with? Is there safe and proper weatherproof outdoor cover for the dog during hot/cold/inclement weather? How much fenced land will the dog be protecting?
6. How will you integrate this dog into your life? If used for a companion, are you willing to take the dog to obedience classes and do extensive socialization for the lifetime of the dog? Can you describe how a typical day will be in your dog's life?
7. Do you have children? How many? Ages? Do they know the proper way to act around large dogs? How would you react if your children/child hurt the dog, causing the dog to retaliate?
8. Whether or not this dog is to be used for breeding, do you agree to have OFA testing done on hips, elbows & thyroid between 24 & 36 months of age with x-rays sent to OFA for results? If "no", please explain why.
9. Since Anatolian puppies have very specific feeding requirements, are you willing to feed foods recommended by the breeder for your Anatolian (see "Feeding Your Puppy")?
10. What are your plans for vaccinations and health maintenance for your new dog? Is your vet aware of the recommended protocol for Anatolians?
11. Are you willing to stay in touch on a regular basis, sharing photos and keeping us updated on how your dog is doing?
12. How will your neighbors feel about such a large dog coming into the neighborhood? Are there restrictions in your homeowners contract about dogs? What are they?
13. What amount of time will you have on a daily basis (specifically) to spend with a new pup? How much time (specifically) will the pup be alone each day?
14. If, for any reason other than the dog's health, you could not keep the dog ... would you be willing to return it to the breeder at your expense? If "NO", please explain why.
15. Please provide, as references, the names of AT LEAST two people who know you well; one of them should be your family veterinarian. Please include NAME, PHONE and EMAIL ADDRESS -- YOUR REFERENCES WILL BE CHECKED.
16. ADDITIONAL COMMENTS OR QUESTIONS?