Home Rules - Character Generation and Development
A character may
elect to invest double the Skill Point Limit (it is level+3) in one
skill. The character is considered a "natural" at that particular
skill. The new Skill Point Limit formula is (level+3)*2.
A character may
choose to switch one "core class" feat with any general category. This
is a permanent switch for the life of the character (For example,
Weapons Proficiency-Marksman for Psi Training).
More Feats "New Character
Learning the Ropes"
Instead of 1 starting feat and a bonus feat: You may selected 1/2 the
starting class feats listed!
(a.k.a. many MORE
feats not less). Then you can add feats normally as the character
- Multi-class characters may only do this with
their first class.
- The concept is to replicate the huge knowledge
gain from attending boot camp or college.
Character Skill and Feat Development
- Experience Points - New
Skills and Feats must be studies part-time (2hrs/day) for 1 week before
- Education - A PC or NPC can study any feat or skill for 3 months
(2hrs/day) and roll to obtain the skill
- DC15 without instructor
- DC12 with instructor (must have instruction skill 1 (-1DC for
every additional instruction skill point)
New Skills or Feats
I will consider using any Skill or Feat
from another D20 game or Traveller system you'd like in the game.
- Instruction Skill - must
be taught by an instructor or 12 months of daily instructions for 4+
- With instructor skill - pupil is trained with a DC12 test of
- -1 DC for every additional instruction skill point the
instructor or pupil
- James Kemp's website
Ursa Monk or WarChief