Old Friends, Part 2: Introductions

Rommie lead Orion back to the Maru. Dylan was sitting in the pilots seat reading a flexi, "Any luck finding Trance?" he called over his shoulder. Rommie smiled, "No, but I did find someone else." Dylan span the pilots seat round, and Orion came sharply to attention. Dylan reached for his forcelance, but Rommie stopped him, "Dylan, this is my old friend, the Shoulder of Orion. Orion, this is my Captain, Dylan Hunt." Orion smiled and extended his hand, "I'm glad I've finally had a chance to meet you, Captain Hunt." Dylan shook the offered hand, "You're an Avatar?"

Orion nodded, "Yes. My ship-self is docked at the far side of the Drift. We only arrived today, and I was lucky enough to run into Andromeda here." Dylan was still weary, "You're a Warship?" Orion laughed, "Heavens no! I'm just a Victory's Crucible Class Drop Ship Carrier, although I've been converted to carry cargo." Dylan relaxed, "I'm sorry, but we had a run in with the Balance of Judgment a few months back." Orion nodded, "I heard about that. He was a good ship who fought bravely during the Fall. It saddened us all when he started to go mad."

Rommie blinked, "Us?" Orion laughed, "There are still a few of us left out there. No Glorious Heritage Class Battle Cruisers, but a few To Seek, To Find Class HRC's and a couple of Righteous Fist of Heaven Class DSA's are still out there, mainly in the Than fleet, but a few with planetary defense fleets." Rommie smiled, "It's nice to know that some of my friends are still around. How did you end up hulling cargo?"

Orion sighed, "To explain that, I must tell you of The Fall."

TBC

Next

Chapter Index