[PROTEL EDA USERS]: Place Part bug/annoyance

In P99SE/SP5, when I use Place Part (typing "PP") to place a part, when
I type a new part name in the box, or browse to a new part, the new part
gets whatever reference designator, part type, and footprint were
already listed in the Place Part form.  In P98, the new part got all its
correct attributes.

Am I doing something wrong, or is their a hidden setting somewhere that
I have to change?  The way this works now is extremely frustrating.

The only way I can place a new part with all its correct attributes
seems to be by selecting it on the library browse panel at the left of
the screen - and that takes much too long when I already know the part
name.