From: Geoff Harland [mailto:gharland@ingenico.com.au]
Sent: Tuesday, October 17, 2000 7:41 PM
To: Multiple recipients of list proteledausers
Subject: [PROTEL EDA USERS]: Request to truncate replied to postings (ex
Re: Hello)

The above posting, which I am responding to, has possibly set a new record.
Before I purged them, it contained *six* copies of the tail message that is
appended to every posting that is sent to this forum. (I have seen four
copies of this message on assorted occasions, and perhaps even five less
frequently, but that message really stood out.)

It would not be devoid of merit if this mailing list's Server had a script
to detect and then purge all copies of this tail message before incoming
posts were despatched (so that the posting received by members never had
more than the one tail message which is appended to all postings). But until
such a time, I for one (and I am sure many others as well) would appreciate
it if culling of unwanted and unneeded material occurred in the event that
you are responding to a previous posting. Bandwidth is less of an issue
these days than was the case previously (or at least for most email
messages), but it would still be good to have less unnecessary text to wade
through when reading the contents of postings...

Regards,
Geoff Harland.
E-Mail Disclaimer