Re: [PROTEL EDA USERS]: Drill Drawing

Well, I guess I had a misunderstanding with the fab. site. I submitted
the complete set of gerber files (incl. the ones called Drill Drawing and
Drill Guide). However, they claim that the never got the 'drill files'.
Now, I generated the NC Drill code (which pretty much is a bunch of x and
y locations, right?) and I hope that will make them happy.What is the
difference between the 'drill drawing' (i.e. gerber file with location of
holes *.gd1) and the NC Drill files (generated by Protel as *.TXT *.DRR
and on other one which I can't remember right now) in terms of
fabricating the board? Are both files needed or is one preferred over the
other one? This is the first time I submit a board so I'm quite a novice.

Hans

Tony Karavidas scribbled:
}
}The NC drill is not the same as the drill drawing. You don't really need to
}look at the NC drill file. When you generate gerbers, you want to enable the
}Drill Drawing layer. I'm assuming you are using 99SE because you mentioned
}the CAM manager. In the gerber setup dialog box, there is a tab for Drill
}Drawing. See it? Check the TopLayer-BottomLayer box (if you use other
}layers, this dialog will be different) and re-generate you gerber data.
}
}Tony
}
}