[PROTEL EDA USERS]: Disappearing PCBV Components

Sorry to repeat this question

I am using V3 adv pcb and sch. In the process of changing a
circuit revision level I opened a previously completed project, created the
netlist and opened the original PCB file, so far so good, . However when I
single
click on the placed components the mouse cursor flies off screen (or goes to
the top right corner of the window) sometimes the component disappears as
well, (Undo gets it back). If I double click and look at the component
properties the X and Y locations for the comment and designator look correct
but the part attribute XY values are at really wild numbers.

If I then edit the XY values manually to sensible numbers,
when I OK, the part disappears off the screen (and pcb!) even if I zoom
right out to
maximum.

I have tried resetting the origin, rebooting, select all/copy/paste, to new
file, even pleading into the modem microphone. Nothing seems to make any
improvement, and this for something that was supposed to be a 1 hour task.

Does anyone know what is happening here and how I get round the problem? any
help or pointers to which file the Protel Knowledge base would be
appreciated.

Thanks

Ian Phillips