RE: [PROTEL EDA USERS]: Top Paste in single-layer display shows tracks

This behavior is normal for Protel. Personally I consider it a bug, but a
minor one.

I assume, that Protel assumes that we want to see the copper under our
"negative" masks so we have some reference.

There are ways to get only the paste or solder mask layers to display by
themselves. I don't remember the details but I think you can fool it by
turning on just that layer & a blank mid layer (or something like that). You
may also have to manipulate the Layer Drawing Order, in the preferences.

Most the time I just live with it, because once you realize you didn't do
anything wrong, it's only a minor irritation.

Mark Geddes