RE: [PROTEL EDA USERS]: Moving problems

Hi Heiko,

On 18 Sep 00, at 15:54, Heiko Vachek wrote:

> > Turn off "Snap to center" before doing the move.
> >
> > Regards,
> > Les Grant.
>

> That won't change anything to Phan's problem. The cursor will snap to
> primitives anyway. The "snap to center" option just moves the cursor
> to the refence point of components. But the "snapping" to primitives
> can only be toggled with "electrical grid". (Read my recent posting)

There is a bug in the paste operation. It sometimes uses a
bounding box that surrounds the entire selection rather than your
specified reference point. I can't remember the exact conditions but
it caught me last night. I just un-did the paste, turned off "Snap to
center" and re-did the paste which worked. Try it... you may be
surprised! Make sure your selection has some text at the edge -
that seems to "help" create the problem...

Now, I haven't experienced this bug with gerbers so I could be
wrong... But the problem is real when pasting normal footprints.

Regards,
Les.

Les Grant. VK2KYJ.      Phone: 02 9896 7150 Fax: 02 9631 1236
Grantronics Pty Ltd     Int'l: +612 9896 7150, +612 9631 1236
PO Box 275                     mailto:info@grantronics.com.au
Wentworthville. NSW. 2145.      http://www.grantronics.com.au
Australia.
Microcontroller Hardware and Software development:  Atmel AVR
8051 derivatives, 80C196 family, C, ASM, Digital and analogue
Australian distributor for:
o Dunfield Development Systems low cost development tools
o ImageCraft AVR and Motorola Windows-hosted C compilers