Re: [PROTEL EDA USERS]: Protel / Specctra problems

<x-flowed>
At 09:41 AM 9/13/00 -0400, Todd Conard wrote:
>I found the keepout problem.  How to fix it I don't know.
>
>I used the PCB wizard to define a PCB 3.25"x4.00".  When I run the board
>information report it shows the board size of 7.863"x9.089".  This also shows

The "board size" reported is the overall dimensions required to enclose all
objects in the PCB workspace, and will always be at least a little larger
than the actual board size.

The intended board size will be shown by an outline on one of the
mechanical layers (I think - I don't usually use the board wizard) or on
the keepout layer.

The finished board size will depend on the instructions you give the board
maker regarding routing the board (and whether he follows them
correctly.)  I put thin tracks at each corner of the board, on a copper
layer, and instruct the board maker to route to the centers of those corner
marks.

--
Peter Bennett
TRIUMF, Vancouver, BC