Re: [PROTEL EDA USERS]: Database management for different models of the same board

Steve,

I know that another schematic program I use will allow a BOM to be created based upon the "entire design" or "selection".  When designing a board with different build options, I place the variants on separate schematics.  NOTE: I said "when designing"; this is not an easy task and quite error prone on an existing design.  I then select the relevant schematics to create different BOMs.  And since I always create a title page w/index, I indicate what page(s) is(are) what option(s) to keep the Test Dept. happy.
Lloyd's part field idea might be an easier solution, definitely for an existing design.
As I am extremely new to Protel I only know of the "Current Sheet" and "Project" options when creating a BOM; and because I do not have Protel at this location I am unable to find out.

Thanks for the part field option, Lloyd.
Drew